Airport Stranger

28B

I sighed, shoving my belongs, which I only unpacked recently, back into the suitcase, packing up my life once again. Once shoving all that I could fit, I groaned.

This is going to be the hard part.

Taking a deep breath, I jumped on top of the thing and grabbed the zipper hoping I could close it on the first try.

Hope being the key word since the darn thing wouldn't budge.

Drawing in another breath, I put as much weight as I could and pulled, satisfied when the sound of zipping filled my ears.

"There, finished." I drew out, standing up and dusting off my hands.

Picking up the suitcase, so that it was upright, I clicked out the handle, walking over to my door. Under the doorway, I laid my hand on the sill, turning to give one last look at what I thought would be my permanent home. Sighing, I heard my phone buzz. Shuffling around my pocket, I fished out my phone, my eyes blinking at the screen.

The car's out front.

I gave another sigh.

Walking down the stairs, with the luggage trailling behind me, I passed through the now empty home, the image of the once fully furnished place occupying my mind. Coming to the front door, I looked down where only my shoes laid.

Mom and Dad had already left.

So it was just me, but I didn't mind since I was already used to it. Used to their absence. That's why we always moved so much. For them. Or as daddy liked to put it, for the company. For our future.

I scoffed.

What future?

I didn't stay anywhere long enough to even create a future.

Trugging on my shoes, I shoved the door open, and was quickly greeted by a man in a black suit.

"Miss Park, let me take this for you." The man stated, prying the luggage from my hand with a smile, and walked to the trunk shoving it in.

"Navita." I mumbled walking down the porch and he came around the car looking at me,

"Excuse me?" He asked not fully hearing me.

"My name is Navita." I said and he opened the door.

I unwillingly got in, slouching into the overly cushioned seat. The man gave me a smile, closing the door. I watched as he quickly walked around the car, opening the front door and jumped in. Starting the car, he fixed his cap, and looked into the rearview mirror, a smile on his face.

"We are off to the airport, Navita."

I looked up and our eyes met through the mirror. Giving one last smile, he pulled off the curb, heading down the road.

The whole ride the man was talking, but I did not mind.

I think this was actually the most company I had ever had.

But I did not answer him, instead my attention was entirely focused on the outside, watching the scenery of Korea bluring by. So intranced in my own thoughts, the man had to repeat himself three times before my attention dragged from the window back to the front, our eyes once again meeting through the rearview mirror.

"I said we were here Mis- Navita." He corrected himself.

I nodded and with that he pushed open his door, jumping out. Going around the car, he came over to my door and I thought about this morning and if you just replayed it, it would be the same. Hearing the door click open, I turned and took a step out, my other foot following suit. He gave me his hand as curtesy and I took it, replying him with the same curtesy. Once standing, I gave him a bow in gratitude and he smiled before letting go of my hand and walking to the back, grabbing my luggage. Coming back over to me he smiled,

"Do you have eveything that was given to you?"

I nodded, bringing around my backpack and opening it. Pulling out what I thought was everything, he checked it over another smile on his face.

I wonder if his face is sore.

I tilted my head at the thought and he looked at me in concern,

"Everything alright miss?"

I nodded,

"Yes, I was just thinking about something that's all."

His face once again went back to smiling and his hands came up giving me a fighting gesture.

"I know it will be a long flight miss, but hopefully you will get a friendly neighbor. Navita, Hwaiting~" He stated and I blushed in embarrasment.

Did they all do this sort of thing?

I gave a small fighting gesture back and with that he shooed me towards the entrance. Grabbing my luggage, I walked towards the motion sensored doors and stopped gaving one last look over my shoulder. I saw him waving at me, and I took a deep breath turning back towards the door and took a step.

_______

I rolled my neck hoping it would loosen out all the kinks which had currently occupied the area. I think the thing I hated most about the airport was checking in. The long time of waiting, only to be stuck in another long line to be searched, only to be put into another line to board your things. It was all very exhausting and I was glad when the speakers announced that the flight would now be loading. Getting up, I grabbed my stuff and ly to run into something. Taking a step back from impact, I looked up and found that something to be a person.

"I'm sorry." The stranger said and I couldn't tell how to adress them since their face was covered with a hat and sunglasses.

So I bowed, that was pretty universal. The person simply gave a small bow in return, walking away. I looked all around me to make sure I had everything and when I thought I did, I headed off towards the boarding section. Stopping in front of the attendents, they checked my ticket giving me a smile,

"Have a nice flight." They said in unison and I gave a slight bow.

Tugging my bag higher up my shoulder, I took a deep breath, following the line of people onto the plane. I looked ahead of me and spotted the door, and looked to the ground where a space signaled the transition from the airport to the airplane. Greeted by another attendent, I bowed and took the step, a deep breath following. Now on the actual airplane, I looked from my left to right wondering which way would direct me to my seat. The flight attendent must have noticed my unawarness, since she walked up to me asking for my ticket.

"Ah, first class. What a lucky young lady."

I looked as her face twitched, her smile seeming forced.

She probably thinks I'm just another spoiled rich kid.

Maybe kid wasn't the right word, since I was already twenty. But, I was accustomed to that look, anywhere I went where they knew my family they all give the same forced smile, thinking that if they didn't pretend to love me that I would report them to my family or get them fired somehow.

What was this, a k-drama?

I could care less about how they treated me. I wasn't into the whole family title, you must treat me like a goddess because I'm above you, kinda vibe. I went to school, I got my degree and I established myself. Besides, my parents were never around to even help, from day one they established that I would do it all my own and when the time came I would take over the company.

"Right this way." She gestured and I followed her all the way up to the front end of the plane.

Taking one last look at my ticket, she looked up at the aisles before coming to a stop, turning.

"Here you go miss." She bowed, that forced smile still on her face, turning once again to walk away.

I looked upwards,

28B

Dragging my eyes downards, I took in the two seats which were not what I would call seats, more like luxurious recliners, and sighed, stepping in and taking a seat at the one closest to the window. Looking around, I took in all the business looking people who seemed to all be immersed by their electronics. I thought back to earlier and what the man had said,

"I know it will be a long flight miss, but hopefully you will get a friendly neighbor."

A friendly neighbor.

Looking around, I highly doubted it. If anything, and with my luck, I would get some business jerk who would be screaming into his phone the whole time, or typing furociously on his laptap. It's happened before, sadly. Placing my bag into my lap, I leaned my head onto the cusioned seat, my gaze falling to the window. Looking out, I heard someone shuffling next to me and I assumed it was my new neighbor. Horrible thoughts creeping into my head, I closed my eyes hoping that maybe, just maybe, the plane ride would be quickly over.

I just prayed for a miracle.