Chapter 41 Just friends

As good as it gets.

"Aom??" Mike yelled from the outside while he knocks on the door.

Aom opened the door with a smile. "Hey. You're here already. That was fast." 

"Well....i don't live that far from here." he chuckled.

"Come in." she answered. 

"You have a nice house." he praised her while his eyes wander around the house.

"Juice?" she offered.

"Yes please." 

Mike noticed the photos posted on the wall. "You two really are sweet huh?" looking on the sweet pictures of Aom and Tina. 

She smiled and handed the juice she made for him and offered to have a seat on the couch. 

They both sat down in the couch and felt a little awkward. 

Mike clears his throat and smiled at her. "So...how are you? Feeling a little better?" 

"Yes. Somehow i feel much better." She awkwardly smiled back.

"Ahhh c'mon let's start baking!!" he cheerfully suggested as he stood up and held her hands dragging her all the way to the kitchen.

They started baking cakes, laughing and teasing each other. Mike seems to develop his feelings towards Aom. And as for her, she's still in pain of what's happening between her and Tina. 

Aom took her phone out of her pocket and noticed that there's 5 missed calls from an unknown number. She creased her forehead and Mike noticed it. "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"Hmm..i got 5 missed call from an unknown number. Looks like it's from overseas." 

Mike took her phone and look at it. "Oh let me see....looks like it's from Japan based on the dial code." he handed her phone back. "Do you anyone from japan? Friend? Or?" 

She narrowed her eyes as she recall things. "No i dont."

Mike shrugged and smiled at her. "Then just ignore it. Might waste your time." 

Aom sighed and continue to work on what they are doing.

"What's bothering you?" Mike asked her.

"I'm just worried about Tina." 

"Do you wanna visit her? We can go to her place to check her out." Mike suggested and fondles her face. "Look, I really like you Aom, I want you to know that...."

Aom swallowed and took a deep breath when Mike went closer to her. "Mike....."

Mike kissed her in the forehead. "I came too late."

"What do you mean?" Aom innocently asked him

"You're the girl that I want. I came too late 'cos your heart belongs to someone else and I dont want to ruin everything. Right now, my main focus is to make you happy. I'll be contented if we can be....friends?" 

"Ofcourse...why not Mike?"
 

"Hmmmm....nothing..." Mike stared at her for awhile,he held her hands and drag him outside all the way to his car.

"Mike.....where are we going??" she complained as she gets inside his car.

Mike is being quiet and not answering every question Aom's throwing at him. After awhile, Aom's getting frustrated for she doesn't have any idea where Mike is taking her.

"Mike, i'm not happy anymore. Where are you taking me??" she muttered.

Mike glanced at him with a blank expression. He sighed and take his eyes back on the road as he drive.

After awhile, Aom went speechless and surprise when Mike stopped infront of Tina's house. Mike smiled at her and reached her to loosen her seatbelt.

"I'll be here waiting outside. Do what you have to do now." He smiled.

"M-Mike...." Aom stuttered and she reached Mike to hug him and whispered. "Thank you...."

Mike took her arms off of him and smiled. "Go now." 

Aom nods and went out of his car. And by the gate, she rung the doorbell. It took few minutes before someone showed up to the gate. 

"Hi. Do you still remember me?" 

"Ofcourse Lady. I do remember you." Julius answered.

"I'm looking for Tina." she awkwardly smile.

"I bet you do. But unfortunately she is Japan right now with her family. Mr. Jittaleela experienced heart attack while they were staying there. He's currently admitted in the hospital there and recovering." he explained.

Aom gasp with surprised. "Is he alright??"

"He is stable now. No need to worry. They'll be back next week." 

"Is that so.....now I remember, she's the one who keeps on calling me."

"Hmmm...do you wanna come in? And have a cup of tea?" 

"Oh no need. I'll just go home an try to call her."

"Good idea. I think she needs comfort....coming from you.. Especially Ms. Apittha ran away."

"Huh? What do you mean?

"Well, she went away. And God knows where she is."

Aom sighed. "I guess i'll be going now."

"Take care Lady Aom."

Aom smile back at him and in her thought, she's worried about Tina. She wanted to hug her to comfort her but because of the distance and the trouble they have, she couldnt. Mike noticed that she's upset while he's inside the car, so he went out and tried to catch her attention. "Heyy. Everything's ok?"

Aom shook her head and went teary eyed as she get nearer to Mike. 

Mike fondles her face and wiped her tears. "What's wrong?" 

"She's the one who keeps on calling me earlier. She's in Japan and she needs me. Her dad was hospitalized. But their caretaker said they'll be back by next week though. I jusy wish i could hug her right now."
 

"I see..stop crying now..i know she needs you more than anything. Get inside the car." Mike assisted her to get inside his car and when they are both in the car, Mike dialled his phone. "Hey, it's me Mike. I want you to book me a flight to Japan for tonight. Straight to Narita airport. And for two person. Thanks." he ended the call and look at Aom. "We'll follow her."

Aom burst her tears and hugged Mike. "Mike......I can't thank you enough..."

"No need to thank me. I'm doing this for myself. I just cant beat to see you unhappy."