Let my feelings dominate

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

"Boo!!!" Taemin let out, successfully scaring the crap out of Kai, making the poor boy wake up at 6 in the morning by rolling onto the floor, clasping his shirt in shock. "AH!" Kai gasped, his rear hitting the hard wooden floor. As he regained his composure realizing what was going on, Kai rolled his eyes at Taemin's lame scare. Sprawled out onto the floor next to Kai was Taemin, laughing hard at Kai's reaction to his prank. "Your reaction- ohmygod it’s- too funny!!" Taemin had difficulty saying this, as he laughed non-stop. Kai's reaction was hilarious, to Taemin. Kai glared at the boy, cheeks turning red in embarrassment. "Y-You!! I swear I'm going to get revenge..." Kai shot a piercing glare at Taemin's, smirking a little. Taemin got a little afraid, and gulped. What is he going to do...I shouldn't have scared him... Kai dusted his hands as he got up, walking towards the bathroom to get ready. Taemin followed after, and Kai turned his head around, smirking. "Wae? Are you following me to the toilet? I don't suppose you want to see me...?" Kai leaned forward, whispering in Taemin's right ear, making Taemin's shudder. "N-No way, you ert!!" Taemin recovered, wriggling out of Kai's grip. Kai just laughed, walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind him. 

                                                                                                      ***

The two boys made their way to the dance studio, walking silently side by side, their hands occasionally accidentally brushing against each other's.

 

"Yah...Kai, I...I think you're a really nice person, honest. I like you," Taemin broke the silence, turning to face Kai and smiling the warmest smile to him. He suddenly wanted to let Kai know, and he was being completely honest, not wanting to lie to Kai, so that Kai would know that he could trust him. Surprisingly, Kai's cheeks seem to turn red. His gaze fell to the floor, not knowing what to say. The boy had not felt such nice, genuine comments from anyone in a while. His parents were never there to encourage or compliment him, and he felt empty. "A-Ah, you sure about that? Do you really think I'm nice? After how I always treat you?" Kai was curious, as he had never treated Taemin with any form of kindness, in his opinion, although he knew deep down that Taemin that boy was always sincerely kind towards him. He wanted to accept Taemin's kindness, but he told himself he couldn't, and wouldn't. "Yes, I'm sure...Kai, I know you aren't all that cold inside," Taemin smiled widely, and Kai's heart rushed over a beat, giving himself a surprise. What was that? "T-Thank you, then...Taemin," Kai, for once, smiled just a little at Taemin. 

                                                                                                    ***

As the two boys reached the unusually dimly lit studio, Taemin scratched the back of his head, wondering what was up. Eh? Why is the atmosphere like this today? Before he could say anything, the loud boom of Key's voice spread through the whole class. "Alright, everyone, get into your pairs! We're going to do something special today!" He looked excited. Taemin and Kai just looked at each other, puzzled. As everyone got into their pairs, Key announced that they were going to dance with one partner being blindfolded. This was to allow them to learn to dance better, with more emotions and just let their body do the work. It was challenging, but the other partner's job was to ensure that it would work out. "You're doing the blindfolding!" Kai immediately crossed his fingers, indicating that he volunteered not to do it first, so Taemin had to. "Mmmmmm wae..." Taemin whined, pouting at Kai and tugging on his arm. This boy...that stupid pout of his again, this isn’t fair... Kai groaned, but stood firm and shook his head rapidly. "No, you!" Taemin sighed, mumbling a "Fine" before going to get the blindfold Key was giving out. As the soft music played, the pairs started dancing to their own choreographed dances. Kai twirled Taemin here and there, but always catching hold of him securely in his strong, tanned arms when Taemin returned to him. Kai smirked, thinking of how vulnerable Taemin was with his blindfold on. He decided to play a trick on the latter. As the song came to an end, Kai finished the move by swiping Taemin down with his arms on his back, sliding him down to be carried waltz style. Kai placed his face only inches away from Taemin, hoping the close presence would shock Taemin, just like how he had shocked Kai that same morning. Retribution! The ends of Kai's mouth twisted into a smirk. "AH!" Taemin let out as he removed his blindfold, grabbing his shirt in shock. He hadn't expected Kai's face to be of such...close proximity. "K-Kai you didn't have to do that!!" Kai smirked and mouth the word Retribution before letting Taemin off. He just wanted to play around with him for a little. Although Kai didn't want to admit it, but Taemin's presence around him was always kind of...enjoyable. 

 

Unknown to both boys, a rather tall, averagely-pretty girl with long, ombre, curly hair had been staring at them for quite a long time. Rather than staring, she was glaring with a noticeable rage in her eyes. Her name was Choi Soo Ri, and she was known to be a little overly possessive over things she liked. And...one of them was Kai. 

 

As Taemin and Kai were about to leave, making their way to the canteen for lunch, the girl silently went up to Taemin from behind, without Kai knowing at all. She turned to grab his wrist violently, and whispered harshly to him. "Don't think I didn't see how you looked at Kai just now, but Kai is mine. If you dare to go any closer to him, I'll rip you." With that, she dropped Taemin's wrist, leaving him in bewildered. Huh what?...What did I even do?? Taemin furrowed his eyebrows, not knowing what was going on. He shrugged it off, thinking that it might just have been some misunderstanding. "Kai wait up! Yah, what shall we eat today? I wanna try our school's bulgolgi!" Taemin chased after Kai, who had continued walking without knowing Taemin wasn't following behind earlier. He was so blur in some ways. Taemin caught up with Kai, mischievously slung his arm over Kai's shoulder and chuckled. "Yah, get your hand off me!" Kai grumbled, pretending to be pissed, grabbing Taemin's arm to shove it off his shoulder, but it didn't work as Taemin all the more pulled Kai in to stand closer to himself with a grin crossing his face. 

                                                                                                   ***

As Taemin exited from his History class in the afternoon, he spotted Chanyeol, Sehun and an unfamiliar face walking in his direction. The one he didn't recognize had electric blue hair and his face was rather small. They were laughing and hitting one another playfully, and saw Taemin walking out of the class. "Taemin ah!~~~ Coming over tonight again? We can continue our chat on you know what," Chanyeol wrapped his arm cheekily over Taemin's shoulders, ruffling the boy's hair. Taemin giggled, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks. They had been chatting about the topic of...love last night. "S-Sure, I'll pop over tonight, keke" Taemin chuckled, adding, "Who's this?" with a smile as he gestured towards the blue-haired boy. "Aha! Thought you'd never ask. This is Luhan, Sehun's partner in singing class. Isn't he cute? Sehun thinks so too!" Chanyeol said, being the overly direct person that he was sometimes, causing Sehun to blush madly. "Y-Yah Chanyeol!! I-I didn't-" Sehun tried to deny in front of Luhan, who was now giggling at both Chanyeol and Sehun's comments. "Thanks for your compliment," Luhan chuckled, amused at his new friends. Extending his hand towards Taemin and smiling brightly, Luhan introduced himself to Taemin. "I'm Luhan, nice to meet you!" Taemin smiled back warmly, finding Luhan to be a really friendly boy. "I'm Taemin, I dance. Nice to meet you too!" Well, I see why Sehun has been gushing over him. Taemin chuckled to himself. 

                                                                                                 ***

Taemin dashed out of the bathroom as soon as he finished bathing, casually draping a bath towel over his lower body as he heard his phone ring incessantly on his table outside. "Yeobosaeyo?" He answered, wondering who it was, and what was so important. At that moment, Kai tapped his back, gesturing if he could use the bathroom then. Taemin nodded, thoughts still with the phone call. "Ah ye, Taemin-imnida. ...Bo?! [What?!] " Taemin's voice boomed throughout the small study area, as he gasped in shock. 

 

Ah, that blur boy. I guess he needs this? Kai picked up the grey sweatpants and hoodie that was left near the sink. Taemin hadn't brought out his pajamas in his hurry. As Kai opened the bathroom door yet again, planning to give Taemin his clothes, he unintentionally overheard Taemin's conversation on the phone. "Wae?! I worked so hard to get in, now they want me to just quit like this? Just because uncle's daughter injured herself? I know it's a serious injury, but...can you just tell them I'll be careful? I can't-no I won't quit." Taemin clenched his teeth as he stressed on the last three words. On the other line was Taemin's dad's personal secretary. He had just told Taemin of his parents' decision to either let Taemin quit the university himself or they would interfere to quit for him themselves. It was up to Taemin. They were bent on their decision as Taemin's uncle had a daughter who was a dancer as well, and she had recently severely injured her back when she was practising and the doctors' verdict was that she wouldn't be able to dance again.  They didn't want that to happen to their only son, so they wanted him to quit dancing. It wasn't a choice for Taemin, but rather an order. But the poor boy had worked so hard for this, he loved dancing and he would never give it up. I'm not going to quit, I won't. I'll have to find a way to make them change their decision somehow. I won't let them force me to quit. Taemin bit down on his lip harshly, tears on the verge of spilling down his cheeks. 

 

Kai heard Taemin's words, and furrowed his brows. Huh? What is Taemin supposed to quit? He worked hard to get in? And...injuries? Random ideas popped into Kai's head, but he shook them away. He was probably thinking too much...he didn't even know what the context of the conversation was. In that time, Kai was standing behind the half opened door, hoping that Taemin wouldn't notice him. As soon as he was sure the conversation ended, Kai stepped out to hand the clothes to Taemin. "Yah, your-your clothes, you forgot..." Kai's words broke a little as he spotted tears welling up in Taemin's eyes. "Thanks..." Taemin replied softly, as Kai turned to leave, not knowing what to do. His subconscious mind wanted so badly to wrap his arms around Taemin and engulf him in a hug and to make him feel better, but his conscious mind made him bite his lips to fight the urge, and walk away. After all, Taemin didn't even know that he had overheard the conversation. 

 

As Kai entered the bathroom, he slammed the fiberglass door of the shower and slumped down onto the floor, frustrated at his own actions. The most part of him actually wanted to be there for Taemin and he could...but he didn't, and he cursed the part of his mind that forced him not to. 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates :c I just finished like 6 papers this week, and I have more for the next 2 weeks /sigh/ Anyway, I'll try my best!! C: Meanwhile, enjoy!~ Hope this chapter is long enough to make up for it!^^ More to come in the next few chapters~~ There will be conflicts...but after conflicts comes a sweeter relationship, right? Kekeke~ (◠‿◠) P.s. The girl's name Choi Soo Ri is not meant to resemble any celebrity/anyone's name at all. If it does, it is purely coincidental. Anyway, please feel free to subscribe and comment!!~ They are love