The Lie Chapter

EXO SERIES: I'm Byun Baekhyun's Traitor [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Someone is excited to update. Heads up, friends. The chapter ahead is a chapter that is very very close to my heart. Inside my head, I drafted the happenings of this chapter a year and a half ago, and I am darn excited to put it into words. I'd probably cry once I finish writing this chap, but I hope I won't fail you guys, and hopefully, I won't fail myself too. I have mixed emotions right now, but I am fanwomaning to the highest level. Let's do this!]

>>>SEUL MIN'S POV<<<

"I'm still in love with Jae Hyung." I lied. I gently pushed Baekhyun's body away from me, so I could stand up.

Sehun, Kai, and Kyungsoo were in disbelief. 

"Wha-what is that?" Kai asked Baekhyun and I. Kyungsoo, being sensitive of the awkward atmosphere between Baekhyun and I, put on his serious face and flicked Kai's forehead. With that, Kai's groan was heard.

"You two, go to bed. Now." Kyungsoo instructed the two youngest members. Frightened of Kyungsoo's strict, motherly attitude, the two guys retreated back to their rooms.

Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun sheepishly, tapped his back and turned to face me. "Nice seeing you again, Seul Min-ssi." Kyungsoo greeted me politely and said his goodnights.

So that left Baekhyun and I alone at the kitchen.

If Baekhyun only knew how I felt, it would have been so much easier. I was a second away from telling Baekhyun that I love him, but when Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo interrupted, I realized that I didn't want others to overhear my undying love for Baekhyun.

I saved Baekhyun from humiliation.

Pretty sure that if I confessed right then and there, Baekhyun would have laughed at me and mocked me. If I were magazine-pretty, he probably would be flattered that a girl who has good looks is harnessing feelings for him, but no, I am a normal, plain twenty-something girl.

That's the sad part of being so-so. You embarass people you love by confessing to them.

"You've been spacing out." Baekhyun noticed. I was?

"I just realized that I left my tumbler at the Coffee Club. It's probably gone by now." Once again, I made up another false pretense.

"So why tell me about your feelings for Jae Hyung? I'm not a love guru." Baekhyun suddenly questioned, no longer looking at me.

"Uhm, well, I broke up with him a month ago, then I realized, just today, that I still like him." I nervously replied and fidgeted with my pockets.

Baekhyun, who was busy washing his hands as if he touched a pile of mud, didn't bother looking at me when he said, "Good for you. So again, why tell me something so trivial?" 

Baekhyun's refusal to hold the conversation properly signaled that I was wasting his time, and that I was being absolutely irrelevant.

Get it together, Seul Min.

"Oh. I wanted your advise. I am certain that Jae Hyung doesn't like me back, but should I confess to lessen the weight on my shoulders or should I just keep it to myself? I mean, put yourself in Jae Hyung's shoes. What would you do if a girl you didn't like suddenly confessed to you?" I managed to fake an act.

In reality, the question was intended for Baekhyun, and Baekhyun alone.

I heard a chuckle from Baekhyun. "It'll be awkward. I'd probably avoid her because she'll fall harder. I can't blame my good looks, though." Baekhyun confidently answered. 

Oh. So you'll avoid me after I confess? Thank you lucky stars that I didn't confess. I would have to pack my bags for Loserville if I did.

"That's great advice, Baek. I probably won't stay for dinner. I'm actually in a hurry." I said, embarassed as I literally waved goodbye at him and then in a flash, I was outside of the dorm.

Goodbye, Baekhyun.

>>>BAEKHYUN'S POV<<<

Bg music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke51MUPrhGE Tell Me What is Love by EXO

It was Sunday when Seul Min casually told me that she was still in love with Jae Hyung.

Can we please not go back to that night, but fine, since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter