Passing Time

Coma (Sequel of Broken Promise) [H]

You lie down helplessly in the dance practice room, with the loud, pumping music still playing. Your breathe in deeply, and slowly, to match the fast paced beat of the music. The laminated wood is cold against your sweaty skin, and your heavy breathing slows down until you can hear the thumping of your heat beat. The dancing music ends, and you are left with the droning hum of the working air conditioner and your beating heart.

After a few minutes of rest, you get up and get ready to practice dancing again. A guy walks into the practice room as you click the ‘play’ button of the speaker. You immediately stop it when you see him walk him.
“What are you doing here?” you ask him a bit too fiercely, as if he were intruding in your territory.
Well, he was.
“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m sorry if I’m interrupting, but I booked the room for me and B.A.P at 5PM.” he replies nicely, the corners of his lips lifting as he bowed.
You look up and you see the clock, which reads 5:00—on the dot.
“I’m not sure if you remember me,” he continues, extending his hand. “I’m Kim Him Chan, from earlier.”
“I remember you.” you say, still refusing to shake his hand.
Your eyes catch onto the bandage wrapped around his wrist. Did I hurt him?
“Tch, arasso, arasso. I’m leaving then.” you reply, walking off on him again.

B.A.P? I’ve never heard of such a group before. Maybe they just haven’t debuted yet.

This is where you were. You were attending a special college for idols so that they could have privacy, and trainees who were soon-to-be idols, to protect their identity before they eventually got sent off to debut. You joined for the sole purpose of having the chance to seeing Chunji again. When they both left, you were alone at school and suddenly from being surrounded by friends, to a total outcast. You ridded your memory of Zelo. You could no longer remember his smiling face, but Chunji’s was imprinted in your mind.

You excelled at singing—it posed no problem, and dancing could be a skill easily nurtured, so you decided to audition as a trainee, and was quickly accepted into this college straight after applying. It was hard at first, because your parents could not afford the expensive fees, but you worked it off through various part-time jobs during the summer.

You had made many friends, but the hope of seeing Chunji slowly faded, until you were left with an empty and broken heart. Yet, even with this, life decided to throw its harsh reality against you, and your mother soon died in a car crash. Your father survived this fatality, and is still living on for a while; in a coma. He might soon join your mother. Your elder sister got married with a rich businessman, so she has been trying her best to support you by paying for your apartment bills and college funds.

It’s a bit scary how such a peaceful life could deteriorate and be destroyed within the span of a few months.

Zelo POV:

It’s been at least 4 months, you thought to yourself. You have been counting the days since you last saw Madeline. The last time you saw her was when she was crying, her eyes blurred with tears, but her cheeks warm with anger. You touch your cheek, remembering the throbbing sensation you felt when she slapped you.

“Yah, hyung and dongsaengs!” exclaims Him Chan as he walks casually in the dormitory, with a cheeky grin plastered on his face.
“We’ve got the practice room,” he announces. “Kaja, ppali! (Let’s go, hurry!)”
Everyone rushes in after changing into casual and simple clothes.

You walk in wearing a basic white tee, covered in a hooded bright baby blue jacket, with shorts that went down to your knees. You wore chucks on your feet and as usual, a black bandana wrapped loosely around your neck. Everyone files in the room, some feeling lazy, rubbing their napes and while others jumping around, playfully. You were one of those jumping around. You loved practicing with your hyungs, it was always fun, no matter what.

With the pulsing beat of the music, you lose yourself in dance. You stare at the mirror as you dance and you see someone; you see a sweaty figure, with bright blue hair, who looks so tired he could die, yet he’s smiling and laughing with his hyungs. You see yourself—that was you. The hour hand on the clock strikes 8, and the hours of practice is finally over. You and your hyungs are scattered around the room, lying on the ground, heavily breathing like fish out of the water.

“Yah,” Dae Hyun calls out. “Did you hear about the girl that tried to suicide this morning?”
Your eyes widen.
“Omo!” you exclaim, immediately sitting up. “Suicide? Who would ever want to do that?”
“You’re so naive, Zelo.” replies Him Chan. “Some people aren’t as lucky as we are. Some people are not happy with life.”
“Woah, so deep.” says Jongup.

The room is cut with an awkward silence.
“What about the girl?” asks Youngjae, who sits up, leaning against the wall while running his fingers through his hair. “Is she okay now?”
“Let’s head back to our dorms first,” Him Chan says, getting up and pulling the door open. “I
'll tell you the story there.”