Reaction

Coma (Sequel of Broken Promise) [H]

It was the day that you assigned to complete your photography assignment with Him Chan. Tapping your foot impatiently on the ground, you stand in front of the National Museum of Arts. Him Chan arrives wearing a basic white v-tee, black jeans, sneakers and a grey parka to coat himself. He wears black shades, but you were able to identify him by his thin lips and straight nose.

Around his neck, a black camera with huge lenses is slung, similar to yours. You are wearing an oversized pastel blue sweater, a short, laced, pastel pink skirt, and white knee high socks. On your feet, you are wearing leopard print creepers—you only wore them to seem taller.

He snaps a photo of you.
“Yah, what was that?” you grab him by the collar.
He just laughs.
“Wow, you’re quite violent for a girl.” he says with a smirk.
He pulls you to the camera screen. You saw yourself, looking into the distance, with a casual pose that made you seem like a model. Your flawless skin seemed like it was glowing against the sunlight, and your hair blew with the wind. As he smiles at the screen, you snap a photo of him. Revenge.

“Show it to me.” he says, suddenly threatening.
You suppress a teasing smile. Eventually you let him see it, and you both head into the art museum, expecting to find great subjects to take an image of. As you walk past, people start staring at you and Him Chan, either pointing, whispering amongst themselves or squealing.

“Oh my gosh, isn’t that the guy from that group that are debuting soon?” points a girl with bright orange hair.
The friend next to her nods in agreement. People start to circle you two, mostly girls, and Him Chan abruptly grabs your wrists and begins to run.
“RUN~!” he exclaims.

Your feet stumble next to his, and you begin sprinting, only because you wanted to escape the stares of all those people.  
“Group?” you asked between your panting. “Debut?”
“Yeah, B.A.P, remember?” he reminded you.
“Right.” you mumbled as you turned a sharp corner.

As you both enter the museum through the side entrance, you enter a room full of exhibits and paintings, only with less people inside. It was much quieter than the other one. As you both walk around, not uttering a single word, you snap photos of the paintings and sculptures. Him Chan finds his way beside you, and taps you on the shoulder. You turn around, raising an eyebrow.

“Do you know what started the Korean War?” he asked.
“Korean War?” you frown slightly, not knowing the answer.
You look through the museum pamphlet for the reason of the beginning of the Korean War. You momentarily break your gaze from his eyes as you scan the piece of paper filled with words and images.
“I don’t—” you were interrupted as he leans into you.
He tilts his head slightly and his soft lips crashed against yours. Your eyes widen as you pull back, caught off guard.
“It’s because they let their guard down.” he says with a gentle smile.

Warmth flushes your cheeks, and you step back away from him.
“I-I’m going now,” you stutter at him.
“Waeyo? Where?” he asks, still looking at you.
“Work.” is all you say before you begin walking away.
As you walk, you glance behind you to check if Him Chan is following you. He’s not. You take a deep breath and check the watch on your wrist.

I have an hour until I actually have to begin my shift. I needed an excuse to get out of there. Your hand travels to your lip, which you touch nervously, remembering the pressure that was on it only a few minutes ago. Why would he do that?

You stop thinking about him, because you begin to blush. You shake your head, not admitting to how strange it made you feel. It reminded you of when Chunji kissed you. You do not want to remember that. No, I won’t fall in love. I won’t. I can't.

You open the familiar door to the coffee shop and greet the ahjumma, who hands you an apron with a warm smile.
“Hm? Why are you here so early?” she asks you as you walk behind the counter.
“No reason,” you say, closing the staff room door behind you.

The plates clatter on the rack as you clap your hands and finished washing them all. You wipe the sweat on your forehead and hear the familiar ring of the bell.
“Ah, here’s our new employee!” exclaims the ahjumma in delight.
You peek your head through the small gap of the staff door and see the back of someone’s head. Uninterested, you shrug and walk back to your designated working space. You check and clock and see that your shift will be over in two minutes. Might as well get ready to go now. You fumble through your backpack and sigh.

Your fingers fumble on the knot of the apron which is tied tightly behind you, and you struggle to undo it. As you were about to give up, you feel someone’s steady breaths behind you and their warm fingers undo the knot for you. You feel the presence of familiar person. How should I react?