Suicidal

Coma (Sequel of Broken Promise) [H]

The wind is strong. That was the only thought you managed to salvage from your muddled thoughts. The cold breeze chilled your soft cheeks, blowing your silky chocolate brown hair, occasionally flicking at your numb face. Your head tilts up to face the sky, lined with grayish, white clouds and a blinding sun which caused you to squint your dark, brown eyes.

“Madeline-ah! Don’t jump!” yells an unknown figure from below. 

In fact, as you look down, your vision seems to identify more and more figures. A crowd. You focus your eyes on one figure, and see them latching onto someone and crying. You whip your head back to the sky, ignoring the yells and gasps from below.

“Seonsaeng-nim! (Teacher!) Madeline Kim wants to jump off the building!” alerts a student with a quivered voice.
The teacher’s eyes immediately widen, and rushes to the scene. More and more people gather, pointing their hands at you, some on the phone notifying authorities.

Tch. I don’t care, I can jump before anyone comes for me. You inhale sharply, not how you planned it to be. You wanted to end your life calmly and composed. Like a boss, as they say. You take another breath, but much deeper and collected. Suicide, huh? So this is what becomes of me.

*Flashback*

“Zelo... what are you doing...?” you say slowly, as if you were approaching a vicious life-threatening animal.
He walks to you like an injured puppy, crying and crying. His arms wrap around you tightly, and his grip encases your body. You hear his whimpering sobs over shoulder and see his clothes scattered on the ground. Your head rests on his chest. I won’t cry. I won’t cry.

Then you remember Chunji’s tears, and how he hugged you, and how Zelo is going to leave you, just as he did. Just as they all did. You step back, pushing his chest away from your body, and you slap him hard. His head faces the ground, and you scream, and swear and curse at him, spitting every fowl word in the universe until your voice is all worn out. Tears roll down his pink cheek, and he tries to caress you again, reaching out to hug you, but you violently thrash your arms around, unable to control yourself any longer.

The last thing you remember was sprinting by the highway. And when you got back home, he was gone. They all left you. All that was left was you and the world. You forgot him. You wanted to forget him.

*End of flashback*

“Madeline Kim, do not move. Stay right there, we have contacted emergency services and we are contacting your parents now!” yells the teacher from below.
Parents? What parents? They’re gone as well. They died. My mother is up there and my father is lying on a hospital bed, in a coma—he’s going to die too. They’re gone. Parents? They left me. You lift your arms, ready to fall.

A voice yells from the floor above.
“Yah, what are you doing?” yells the unknown figure.
“Oh you know, just chilling.” you reply in an annoyed tone.
“More of going to hell.” the person snaps back. “Get your back down.”
Who does this person think they are? They have no right over what I do with my life anyway, why would they bother?

“You know, your attitude makes me want to jump even more.” you say.
“Pabo. (Idiot.) Look at all those people in the bottom.” the person utters loudly, trying to compete with the sound of the gushing wind.
No matter how much you didn’t want to follow what the person said, you did anyway, since it was your last time living. Might as well. You face the ground, where you wanted your bloody body to lay when it was all over. You see figures crying, pointing and shouting. Shouting your name, telling you not to jump. Not to die.

“You may think no one ing cares, but look at all those people. They paused their busy lives, to make sure you get your down and safe.” says the person.
You guess the person is a guy, because his voice was in a gentle, low tone, yet his sense of speech certainly did not match any of his soft voice. He made your mind waver, but you shook your head again. I am doing this.

“You’re a trainee, aren’t you?” he asks.
You don’t reply. He was right though.
“So you’re really going to throw your life like that?” he questions again, not minding your chosen silence. 

Just as you were about to leap off the building, his legs kick you back onto the balcony tiles, and you shake your head from the spots in your vision, surprised. He came from the floor above you, and hung down, clinging onto the railing. His feet dangled in the air, and kicked you back. He pulls himself down and lands on the same balcony you are on. You attempt to run for it, push him away and jump, and end it all, but his strong body traps you in his arms.

The sun shone bright behind him, and you look more carefully to see his smirking face. His eyes had a gentle look, and it shone brightly, as if it were glitter. Then there was you, with dark circles under your dead, brown eyes from your lack of sleep. His straight spiky hair was jet black, which contrasted his pale, smooth porcelain face.

“Kim Him Chan.” he said, letting you go and reaching a hand out to shake yours.
You slap his hand away and storm off. You walk back into your dorm, and everyone in the room immediately rushes to you.

“Madeline-ah! Don’t do that! This is the second time it has happened!” exclaims your friend who hugs you tightly.
You stare blankly into the distance, not saying anything like you usually do.
“Madeline, you may not think it, but we care for you too.” says another person, her eyes red with tears.
You fake a smile for the sake of your roommates.
“Kasahamnida. (Thank you.)” you say to everyone, bowing politely.
“Plus, Madeline, you’re a trainee! Your dancing and singing skills will be wasted!” jokes another friend, patting your head. Everyone laughs, and the mood is light again.


It's the first chapter! I'm so, so, sorry for making you wait. I hope it was worth the wait, though! Bear with your author-nim and please comment every once in a while so I can tell how I'm going! Thank you for reading, and please look forward for more chapters to come.