The Third Time

Third Time's A Charm

 

The next time you see him is the very next day.

You're upset and hormonal when you wake up because it’s that time of the month and you ran out of chocolate, and oh you left every single one of your textbooks out on the field the day before.

To make matters much worse, because they can always be worse, Jungsu had to leave early for an impromptu radio broadcast that was mysteriously scheduled right after the soccer game incident, so he couldn’t even offer to go back and get your books like he would have before he’d become an idol.

Your roommate had left earlier on in the day, rushing through your tiny dorm because she was late for her date with her diva of a boyfriend, Kibum, or as he liked to be called, Key, and had left clothes and things strewn about in a mess.

So you dress yourself and clean the dorm before slipping on your roommate’s flats and pulling a purse onto your arm; you've got to go get your books before someone takes them, if they’re even still there, and you've got class within the next hour anyway.

You leave the dorm room and shut the door, making sure that the automatic lock works, before heading down the stairs to the main floor. You almost scream when you exit the stairwell, half of it caused by your wretched hormones and the other half caused by a certain tall and handsome boy seated on the bench across the way.

“Hello,” he greets you with his arm extended as he stands. When you don’t respond, he frowns and reaches behind him to pull your textbooks forward. “You, uh, left these yesterday,” he says with an unsure smile before explaining himself further, “at the field.”

You don’t know what to say, so you stand there with your mouth open and your eyes wide. When you realize that you look like a complete idiot, you straighten up and close your mouth to blush darkly and turn away from him.

“I’m sorry!” he immediately blurts out, setting the books back down and reaching forward to take your hand.

You shake your head as you turn to him, dark hair getting in his face with the action, before finally speaking. “ No, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you miss the ball the other day and I didn’t even realize that Jungsu was going to call you like that, but oh—” His eyes are locked on yours just like the other day and you can’t speak because your throat is closing up and that’s okay because Minho’s leaning forward like he’s going to kiss you and no, he’s not.

He leads you to the bench, asking “Are you okay?” as he sets you down and releases your hand. After you nod in approval, his smile returns. “Choi Minho,” he says, holding his hand out again.

Before you know it, he’s shaking your hand and you're telling him your name and he’s walking you to class and asking you to meet him at the café Thursday afternoon for some tea and you're agreeing before you realize that you're in front of your classroom door and he's left you with a smile and wave.

He's also left you holding a piece of paper with his mobile number on it.

-

... :D

Please wait for the next chapter ._.