The Second Time

Third Time's A Charm

 

Its weeks later the second time you see him.

Your older brother had finally gotten a few days opened up on his schedule and called you up to announce that he was coming to visit.

Now, you both were sitting on the bleachers of the field watching the cheerleaders practice because your brother had suggested you both eat lunch on the field but it was clearly being occupied.

Sometimes you wonder if Jungsu thinks ahead before initiating his plans, but in his line of work he has to think ahead so why didn’t he think ahead when he wasn’t working?

It’s quiet as you eat your lunch; American food, little sandwiches that he had made himself.

You look up when you hear the cheerleaders start picking up their bags and their conversations change from high kicks and jumps to parties and boys. They were heading off the field, most likely to the locker rooms, and leaving.

Jungsu nudged your arm and smiled before finishing his food. You smile too, but only because he can always cheer you up, and really, you want to eat down on the field. You begin gathering your things to move down until your brother’s hand on your arm stopped you.

Glancing down at the field, you sigh and frown.

The soccer team was already running out and starting drills. That wasn’tfair because you wanted to finish eating already and was that Minho?!

Without thinking about your brother sitting right next to you, also paying attention to the soccer players, you lean forward and squint to see in the bright sunlight. It is Minho down there, carrying the ball down the field with his feet and passing so quickly that you almost don’t see it until its passed back to him and he kicks it towards the net in a sure goal.

It’s the perfect shot.

You stop yourself from jumping up out of your seat to cheer because you don’t know him like that, you don’t want to bring attention to yourself and you don’t want to disturb their practice because then Minho would probably hate you and that wouldn’t even be a possibility because he doesn’t even know you yet but you don’t know him either so why were you getting all worked up?

So instead of cheering, you smile quickly before picking your sandwich up to finish it.

“Who just scored that goal?” Jungsu asks you, “What’s his name?”

You're surprised at first, before you tell him his name, because Jungsu usually doesn’t ask questions about your friends or acquaintances; well actually he does but not around said friends or acquaintances at your school where he could possibly embarrass you.

Which, of course, he manages to do anyway when he stands and waves him arms, calling down to the field, “Minho yah!!”

To which Minho stops in the middle of a play, turning to look up at the stands in confusion and letting the ball slip by him unattractively. He doesn’t even notice it as his eyes are too busy locking onto yours and his gaze is so intense and you just can’t look away but you finally do.

You are extremely embarrassed and turn to glare at Jungsu, but he’s already halfway down the bleachers and leaving the field when you realizes he’s running away and take after him, not noticing that your textbooks are still piled carefully on the steel bench.

-

How is the story so far? There's only once chapter left, but I have decided to add way more!!! :D Please comment to help me write :D