The First Time

Third Time's A Charm

 

The first time you see him is in the campus library.

He’s got a hand pressed to the return desk as he leans over it, on account of him being so tall, to talk to the girl working there. You're supposed to be shelving the returned or misplaced books stacked on your heavy cart, but your eyes don’t want to focus on the books right now.

His clothes are ruined, you think, because they’re covered in wet mud, as though he just got done with a soccer game in the stormy weather, but then wouldn’t he be cold? His sleeves are pushed up past his biceps and his jacket is open. His shirt is soaked underneath and sticking to his skin and you really shouldn’t be watching but you are and you have the sudden urge to feed him some warm soup.

Your eyes drop down to the legs of his jeans where a majority of grass stains are and you fumble with the book in your hand, dropping it as you do so, because that’s when he turns to look at you.

He laughs and turns around to leave, obviously done with whatever he had been doing. Before he’s out the door, he turns back and winks, and just as if he knew you’d be looking, you see it and blush so hard you have to duck down under her book cart so that no one will see you.

When you compose yourself seconds later, you glance at the clock and rush to hide the cart of books somewhere in the back of the library; you just don’t have time because class starts in less than fifteen minutes.

Books can wait but you need his name and you need to get to your dorm room. You ask the girl at the desk who that boy was when you finally get over there. Of course when you get an answer you're only half listening; your head is halfway through your hoodie and you didn’t think the girl would actually tell you, so you only hear his first name.

Minho.

You thank the girl, who waves a goodbye, as you leave in a hurry to your dorm to pick up your books.

 

-

 

Ah, how was that? I had to change the POV because I originally wrote it in 2POV on my livejournal... please comment and review :D