Dinner

Sesithi Bonga!

Title: Dinner

 

Pairing: Kyungsoo + Jongin

 

 

“It’s okay, hyung... Yes, you should get some rest too.”

 

Do Kyungsoo opened the door and entered the house. Dimmer light in the living room welcomed him as he walked through the room. It seemed that his mom was in the kitchen, preparing for dinner.

 

“Good night Baekhyun-hyung.”  Kyungsoo then put his cell-phone inside his pocket. He walked to the kitchen to find his mom was struggling with recipe books and the kitchen prep.

 

“Uhm, hi mom,” Mrs. Do stumbled as he found her son was already in the kitchen. She put away all the recipe books—which actually looked like some business journals—and greeted her son with a cup on the forehead and a gentle hug.

 

“Need any help?”

 

“N-no, honey, it’s alright! I can do this.” Mrs. Do answered, along with a convincing nod.

 

Kyungsoo always knew that his mom was having this awkward relationship with the kitchen. It happened all the time. It was only a matter of time until his mom stopped trying and called for pizza instead. But then, he really knew that his mom was also a hard-fighter. She hardly giving up to something she had begun.

 

But Kyungsoo was still a little bit worried. He made such a look on his face.

 

“D-don’t look at me like thaaat.” Mrs. Do then pushed her son outside the kitchen. “I’m trying my best, okay! We’ll surely eat chicken soup tonight! Wait for me~!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded with a giggle, and then headed to his room upstairs.

 

It was a navy blue room, with a single comfy bed beside the window. There was cupboard and a big shelf of books too. And a black cat.

 

“Hi Jongin.” Kyungsoo called when he approached it on his bed. The sleeping cat was only peeked a little and wiggled its tail.

 

“I miss you.” Kyungsoo snuggled his face to Jongin’s soft tummy. The cat struggled and woke up. Jongin meowed sleepily.

 

“Why are you always sleepy? Haven’t you spent the entire day sleeping already?” Kyung giggled and rub Jongin’s nape. Now Jongin was acting cute and rolled over, showing his tummy happily. Kyungsoo couldn’t help himself but giggled.

 

“Now you cutie---“ Kyungsoo was about to wrestle with the cat when suddenly Jongin ran out of the room. Kyungsoo chased it downstairs and called out his name.

 

“Jongin come---“ Kyungsoo stopped calling when he spotted a familiar guy on the living room.

 

“Oh Honey I’m just about to call you upstairs. Kai told me about your math homework,” said Mrs. Do.

 

Kai picked up the black cat under him and smiled. That kind of smile that Kai always wear.

 

“O-oh.. Yeah, math.” Kyungsoo nodded, cursing himself for forgetting his appointment with Kai. He was completely forgotten about it.

 

“Oh and I’ve just finished preparing for dinner. My first chicken soup!” Said Mrs. Do happily. “I hope you haven’t had your dinner yet Kai, you should join us.”

 

Kai shook his head, still smiling, and met Kyungsoo’s gaze.

 

 

Dinner.

 

God, please save me.