oo2

Breakeven

Kai's POV:

I stepped out from my class as the bell rang. I wandered around hoping to find Soojung, she said she would had lunch with me, well.. along with her friends as well. I spotted her sitting on a table with another 4 girls as I arrived at the canteen. They were talking about something. Damn, why girls have to be that loud?

Soojung sensed me coming as she waved at me and montioned me to sit with them. I walked towards them and, oh wait, isn't that the girl who bumped on me earlier?

"Kim Jongin! Why are you so slow?! Yah, slow poke, ppali get here and meet my friends!" Soojung snapped excidetly, she seemed.. to be bouncing on her set. I frowned and quickly took the seat next to her. 

 

Sunyoung's POV:  

It was lunch time, I was sitting with my friends— Soojung, Sulli, Eunyoung unnie and Victoria unnie at the canteen. We were happily eating while talking about stuff until Soojung turned her attention to another thing. I guessed that was her childhood friend, she mentioned about it earlier. I turned my attention as well, smiled to— oh, isn't he.. the sulky guy I bumped onto?! He was frowning at me, I could almost see him rolling his eyes in his mind. What's wrong with this guy? Is he really on period? I mean, I already apologized and there's no

"Unnie! Sunyoung unnie!" Jinri waved her hand in front of my face; I snapped out from my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I turned my at her while giving a questioned look. 

"Penny of thoughts? Meet Jongin, unnie. He's my childhood friend I mentioned about earlier." Soojung said and beamed a bright smile at me; the Jongin guy was still frowning at me. Oh boy. I put a smile and held my hand out.

"I'm Sunyoung, Soojung talked a lot about you. I hope we'll get along well, it's nice meeting you anyway!" I said; still holding my hand out. 

"Call me Kai." that guy said and shrugged; ignoring my hand. Err.. I pulled back my hand and pretended to fix my hair. I was about to talk more when I felt my phone rang. I took my phone from my bag; It's a text from.. Jonghyun oppa. I hd a crush on Jonghyun oppa, if you're wondering. People often mistaken us as a couple, but yeah.. the fact's we were just a close friend, yup, close friend.

"Uh, girls. I gotta go now, I'll see you later, okay?" I stood up and took my bag with me.

"Who was it? Jonghyun oppa?" Jinri pouted; I just chuckled and ruffled her hair. 

"See you!" I said and ran outside.

 

===888===

 

I saw Jonghyun oppa leaning against a tree at the garden. I hopped towards him and nudged his side. He looked so cute with that shocked expression on his face. I chuckled.

"What's up, oppa?" He smiled at me and patted my head. He looked.. confused? "

"I.. I'll be studying aboard, Sunyoung-ah. My flight will be on the day after tomorrow." 

"....."

"Sunyoung-ah?"

Did I hear it right? Aboard? ..The day after tomorrow?...

"Oh? Sorry, I zoned out. That's good, then, oppa! I'll pray for the best for you." I said and faked a smile. I felt a squeeze on my heart. He'd be going aboard and I wouldn't be able to see him and —

"I'll be back in 2 years." I felt the squeeze on my heart tighten; my vision got blurred as the tears started coming out.

"Y-yeah? ..Ah, use the 2 years wisely, oppa. Don't play around too much! Haha." I let out an awkward laugh and looked away so he wouldn't see my tears.

"You're okay with that?" He asked; I heard his voice cracked. Are you really going to leave me, oppa? I let out an inaudible sigh and blinked my tears away.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I said without looking at him; chuckling bitterly. I took out my phone and pretended to answer a call. I just wanted to go home and cry.

"O-oppa, I gotta go now, my mom needs me. You should go too and packed your things. I'll call you later, okay? I gave him a small smile; with that, I walked away and cried along my way home.