oo1

Breakeven

Sunyoung’s POV:

It’s finally Monday, which meant it’s time to go back to school after my summer holiday . Yup, I love school, I could meet my friends and learn about new things. I got up from my bed and headed to my bathroom with a bright smile. I came out from the bathroom after taking a warm shower, then changed into my uniform afterwards.

“Never give up~ himeul nae ggumeul never give up~” I sang while fixing myself in front of the mirror; yes I wanted to look good on my first day, I mean, who doesn’t?

I grabbed my bag and skipped out to the kitchen; just to find umma with her apron on, preparing our breakfast. I hopped onto her back, pecking her on the cheek.

“Yah, Park Sunyoung! I almost get a heart attack! Aigoo, aigoo..” she rubbed her chest and hit my arm lightly. Her angry face immediately turn to a loving one when she saw my smile. I giggled and grabbed a piece of toast; munched on it as I reached for a glass  of milky on the counter.

“Umma, I’ll be going to school earlier today, okay?” I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand after I finished with my meal.

“Annyeong~!” I kissed umma’s cheek again and stepped out from my house; running to reach the bus stop.

===888===

“UNNIEEEE!” I squealed as I ran towards Eunyoung unnie; she’s one of my closest friends. She covered her ears and chuckled as she saw me. I glomped onto her and clung on her arms.

“Oh my, Sunyoung. Did you miss me that much?” she laughed and pushed my head away. I let go of her hand and pouted.

“Of course, you were in L.A the whole summer I couldn’t eve—“ my speech got interrupted as someone hopped onto my back.

“OH MY GOOD GOD SUNYOUNG UNNIE I MISSED YOU SO MUCHIE MUCH UNTIL I FEEL LIKE DYING.” She screamed right on my ear. I almost lost my balance due to her weight.

“Oh my.. Oh my.. Yah, Choi Jinri! I would turn deaf soon if you keep screaming on my ear like that!” I whined while covering my ears; she put a cheeky grin on her face.

“Mian, unnie~ you know I didn’t mean to, I just missed you so much..” she pouted. I just chuckled and ruffled her hair; receiving a cheeky grin from her.

We continued exchanging stories while walking to our class. I was walking backward while explaining how my summer went like when I bumped onto someone’s back. I quickly turned around and apologized to that person.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking on my way, I’m so sorry!” I said and bowed several times.

The person I bumped onto; which was a guy; kept silence. I blinked in confusion and tilted my head to look at his face; only to see his sulking face. Oopsie..

“I’m so so—“ I couldn’t finish my apology because that guy suddenly turned his heels; ignoring me.

Oh my..

“Whoa.. He was just like girl on period.” I heard Jinri saying. I put my smile back and chuckled. Linking my arm with hers.

“Come on, me and Eunyounng unnie will drop you off at your class.” With that, we continued our full-of-laughter story.

 

Kai’s POV:

I just walked in to my new school when I heard a loud laughter coming out from some girls. They were laughing loudly like.. Omg, are they even a girl? I rolled my eyes and continued looking for the principal’s room. Why this building has to be so—

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking on my way, I’m so sorry!” I heard a girl saying while after she bumped on my back. Great, it’s the girl who laughed like a mad man earlier. I kept silence; sulking as I saw her confused face. She looked so dumb with that face of her, ha.

“I’m so so—“ I turned my body and walked away without letting her to finish her apology. Don’t blame me, I don’t wanna be late on my first day and I still had to go to the principal room. As soon as I turned away, I saw Soojung — my childhood friend — coming out from women’ restroom.

“Yah! Jung Soojung!” the girl turned around to see me, she beamed a cheeky grin. I just chuckled at her behavior.

"Kim Jongin! I didn't know you'd transfer this soon! Omg, look at you, you've changed a lot. Did you already have your schedule? Do you —"

"I don't have my schedule yet and I'm looking for the principal's room. Could you please stop blabbering and just help me?" I cut her and chuckled. She looked embarrassed but still agreed to help me. She guided me to a random direction.

"Come on, I'll accompany you to the principal's room but you know, I can't wait until you're done, I got class. And hey! You should join me at lunch,  I'll introduce you to my friends, they are really nice — and oh, here's the room. I'll be going now, okay? See you!" she said without letting me utter a word. I shaked my head and chuckled at her behaviour.

"Yeah, yeah. Now, go." I waved at her. I turned the door knob and stepped in. Sighs. Hope my life here will be better.