Married Life

A Fan's Dream Come True

Suho and I were only engaged for a year before we got married. We had a wedding ceremony with celebrity guests, Suho’s family and my family in Korea. Suho had bought a house for us to live in, but he would live in the dorms with s sometimes. After we got married, we waited a month to go on our honeymoon since Suho had some schedules to attend to. We decided to go to Jeju Island and New York for our honeymoon, which lasted for about 3 weeks. We didn’t return to Korea together because I had meetings to attend in New York, regarding one of my stories that the company is going to publish. Suho had to return to Korea because Exo had to work on a new album. After my meetings and dinner dates with my family and friends, I returned to Korea. When I returned to Korea, Suho came to pick me up and drove us back to our new home. While Suho and s were busy with their practices and schedules, I would stay home, write stories, and learn how to become a good housewife. I spent time with Suho’s family and learned how to make Korean dishes and learned more about the Korean culture. Whenever Suho appear on variety shows and interviews, he would get questioned about his marriage life since his wife isn’t a celebrity. Articles were published about my private life, but eventually, it died down. The Exo members would hang out at our house often and sometimes sleep over after they drink too much. The members and I have grown close to each other. Because I have a bit of a tomboy personality, the members teased me about calling them “hyungs” instead of “oppas”. So instead of calling them “oppa”, I call them “hyung”. They also joked that Suho is the wife since he was already nicknamed the “mother” of Exo.

After being married for half a year, I found out that I was pregnant after a visit to the doctor’s office for a checkup. Suho’s mother made sure that I was healthy and would make stew and soups for me to drink. Suho had also tried to stay home more often instead of staying at the dorms, even when I told him many times that I was okay staying home alone. When the first trimester was over, we decided to find out the gender of our child, but we found out that we were going to have twins instead; a boy and a girl. Suho was extremely excited and had treated me like a patient instead of a healthy being. Suho’s mom also started to teach me how to be a mother while Suho began reading books on parenthood. Whenever I see him reading those books, I would laugh at him for fun.

--

When I was around 4 months pregnant, Sehun was casted for a program called We Got Married. His wife for the program is a girl from a girl group that had debuted for about a month. During my 6th month of being pregnant, Sehun and his wife received a mission to take care of 3 babies for a few days. Because I was pregnant and soon to be a parent, they decided that it would be the best idea to bring the babies over to our house to learn how to take care of a baby.

Suho answered the door and I joined him to welcome the couple. This is the only program I had ever agreed to show up on since I married Suho. They had called ahead to give us a heads-up, but we were still unprepared since we were inexperienced with taking care of babies. We decided to lay a blanket on a cushion-mat and lay the babies on it while they slept. Suho and I talked with the couple, getting to know each other and discussing what we have to do to while the babies are in our care, and while cameras were filming everything we do. Sehun’s wife asked me why I called Sehun “hyung” instead of “oppa” and why we talked formally to each other, even though we’re the same age. Suho and I tried our best to educate the couple on how to take care of babies and instructed them on how to change diapers. We made food, ate lunch, fed the babies, burped them, played with them, and tucked them to sleep. While the babies slept, the four of us talked.

The next day, Exo had to do a photoshoot so Sehun’s wife was left with the 3 babies to take care of by herself. She called Sehun and asked for my number. When she called me for help, I agreed to help her take care of the babies. We decided to order lunch for the members and the staff members and to bring it over to them. When we arrived to the studio, the members were surprised to see us with food and the babies. Some members helped prepare the food while the others played with the babies. Suho came to greet me while Sehun helped his wife give out food to the staff. While we ate lunch together, we all got closer to Sehun’s wife and the members all fell in love with the babies. While the members continued with their photoshoot, Sehun’s wife and I watched from the side with the babies in our arms. During their breaks, they would come over to play with the babies. When Exo was finished with their photoshoot, it was dinner time. We all went out to a restaurant with their managers and ate dinner together.

3 and a half months later, I gave birth to the twins and my life got busier while taking care of the babies and writing stories. Suho tried to stay home more, but when he was very busy, he would stay at the dorms. His parents would sleep over at our house to help take care of the babies often, taught me techniques on how to calm a crying baby and they would also tell me stories of when Suho was younger. Because Suho is famous, I would sometimes get calls from MCs while he was on variety shows or radio shows during a game or I would show up on TV when I go support him during some events as part of the audience. I continued my life as an author besides my other roles as a mother and Suho’s non-celebrity wife. My life included a happy ending and I guess you can say that my relationship with Suho was a fan’s dream come true.

--

The end~ :)