SMTown

A Fan's Dream Come True

For the next three years, for every break I had from school, I would go back to Korea for vacation and to go on late night dates with Suho whenever he was free. Of course, my friends would accompany me in Korea, except for when I went on dates with Suho. Whenever they had a performance when I’m vacationing in Korea, my friends and I would go watch them and when they performed in LA or New York, we would go watch them and take pictures. In Korea, Suho would sometimes come with me and my friends to attend other idol group’s concerts too. Whenever Exo came back with a new album, Suho would always make sure to send me a signed copy of their album and a handwritten letter.

During the next year, I received a contract to sign with a publishing company that would publish the stories I’ve written over the years. My friends and I celebrated by going to SMTown together. This time, SM Entertainment decided to do something different and they would choose 25 lucky fans to personally meet Exo before the concert. As usual, we would get the VIP tickets and would go watch the groups rehearse. However, this time, the first 25 VIP fans who were on line, would be able to go in to meet Exo personally. We found out about that piece of information when a female staff member came out and counted people personally and separated the 25 fans, as a surprise. Fortunately, my friends and I were in the middle of the 25 fans. Whenever we would go line up for concerts, I loved being a college student because of our schedules. When we were allowed entrance, my friends and I had been skipped by the fans in back of us, so we were following in the back. We didn’t mind since we get to meet Exo often anyways. We were lined up against a wall to wait for Exo to be ready to meet us. Each fan went in one at a time. I was the last one on line and when I went in, I realized why we were allowed in one at a time. The room was a big dressing room and Suho, was standing at one end of the line, handed out a gift bag to each fan while every Exo member gave a hug to each fan. When it was my turn, I felt a bit awkward, for some reason. I walked up to Suho and he greeted me with a hello and smile, handed me a gift bag and we hugged briefly. I went down the line and gave each member a hug. I joined the group of fans who stood by a wall. The fans were given a change to ask the members some questions. The members were friendly answered every question, even when they were asked what color underwear they were wearing. A fan asked if any of the members were dating, the members awkwardly shot glances at Suho and me, while I looked at each member, pretending I was a normal fan. Suho bit on his lower lip. “Our fans are our girlfriends” Luhan answered. We all laughed. “As long as Oppas are happy, I won’t mind who you guys date” a fan said. I looked at her and I almost told her that I love her. Almost. “Who is your favorite member?” Kris asked the fans. Each person took their turn answering and when it was my turn to answer, I seriously debated on saying another member’s name instead of Suho’s. Eventually, I decided to just go with the truth. “Suho-Oppa” I answered. Since all the other fans added “Oppa” to the members’ names, I did so too. “Do you love him?” Luhan asked. For some reason, the members all looked more mischievous today. I felt everyone’s eyes on me. “Yes” I answered. “Would you marry him?” Baekhyun asked. I knew that if I answered that question, either way, I would be killed. “Yes” I answered. Then, the members asked the other fans if they loved their favorite members enough to marry them, and obviously, they all said yes. When it was time to leave, the members lined up by the door, giving the fans a last hug as they exited. When it was my turn, after I hugged Luhan and Baekhyun, I playfully glared at them and slapped them on their arms. They all laughed and when I was hugging Suho, the members were chanting “marry”. When we parted, I rolled my eyes at them and made a face at them. I waved at them as I made my way out and joined the rest of the fans, who were literally skipping down the hallway.

During the performances, my friends and I went crazy with the fans. We were dancing, jumping, singing, shouting, chanting, and laughing like there’s no tomorrow. At the end, all the artists came out and were running around, singing, clapping, dancing, fooling around, throwing goodies into the crows, and spraying fans with water from their bottles. After they all came together to bow to the fans, we all thought it was the end. However, it wasn’t. We were surprised that after most of the artists were giving thank you speeches and talking with the fans, they introduced Exo again and the members came out wearing tuxedos. Music started playing and the members started to sing to one of my favorite songs by them, “Don’t Go”. As they sang, English translations and Korean lyrics played on the screens behind them. When the song was done, they started to sing to “Marry U” by Super Junior. I was singing along with the fans and cheered when each member took turns singing their parts. When Exo finished talking, the members were standing with Suho and were smiling. Then, one of the cameras focused on Suho when he started talking. “I’m sorry that I have been hiding this, but I have been dating my non-celebrity girlfriend for a bit over 4 years now. Because she doesn’t live in Korea, it was hard for the both of us to be together and have a long-distance relationship. However, we dealt with it and I believe that it had made us stronger and made each moment we spent together more valuable. Because of her, I’ve improved myself in many ways and have proved it throughout these years. Also, I’ve started hating the physical distance we have between us and I’m tired of being away from her most of the time. So I decided to put an end to this…” Suho knelt down on one knee, fished out a small jewelry box and opened it, revealing a diamond ring, while the other members came out holding signs. When the member aligned themselves, the signs read “Will You Marry Me”. “I can’t imagine my life without you and I can’t stand being thousands of miles away from you every day. I love you and I always will. Maggie, will you marry me?” I felt tears stream down my face as I covered my nose and mouth with my hands. My friends pointed at the large screens and I realized that there was a camera zoomed in on me. I smiled behind my hands and nodded as more tears streamed down my face. Because I was standing in front of the railing that held back the fans by the stage, Suho was able to jump off the stage and come towards me. The cameras followed his movement while another camera focused on me. Suho came up to me and he took my hand. “Will you marry me and make me the luckiest man alive?” he asked again. “Yes, I will” I nodded and answered through my tears. Suho hugged me and when he pulled back, he slid the ring onto my left ring finger. “She said ‘yes’!!!” Suho shouted into the microphone. Everyone screamed, cheered and applauded. Suho hugged me again and kissed me. When he pulled back again, we were smiling at each other like we were the only ones there. “See you backstage” he said before heading back to s. The fans around me congratulated me and told me that they envied me. My friends hugged me, congratulated me and teased me while helping me dry off my tears. After most of the fans had left, security guards escorted me and my friends backstage to the waiting/dressing rooms. In the hallways, everyone I passed by congratulated me. When we entered Exo’s waiting/dressing room, I was congratulated and hugged by the members. Eventually, I ended up in Suho’s arms. More happy tears spilled down my face and when Suho tried his best to wipe them away. He started to panic when I couldn’t stop crying.