Chapter 15

B1A4 THE FLOWER BOYS NEXT DOOR

Shinwoo and Beah find themselves locking lips. While Shinwoo is on the top of Beah's body.

Shinwoo finally realize what’s happening and jumps back and holds his legs close to his chest, looking off into the distance, avoiding eye contact to Beah which still on the lying floor looking at the ceiling and still in shock.

Like a little child getting scolded, he starts to rock his body, saying that it was all an accident

Shinwoo looks over Beah, trying to see if she’s okay, when without warning, Beah sits up.

Shinwoo squirms back into the corner, guarding his cheeks with his hands, cringing in fear for Beah slap and explaining that the kiss was like a sudden car accident in the dark.

Beah snaps awake and quickly leaves the room and Shinwoo unwraps himself, wondering what he was doing by himself.

Beah stands outside, looking into the distance while Shinwoo tells her that she has nothing to be afraid of and It’s not a big deal.

An old memory from high school flows into Beah’s head.

[Flashback]

Sitting right next to her is Jazel, whispering that she plans on breaking up with the person she shares her first kiss with.

Beah scoffs in disbelief. "What if you end up liking that person more after the first kiss?" Beah ask Jazel.

But Jazel plans on kissing their language teacher on the last day of school, and they both giggles.

Jazel asks "What do you think about your first kiss?"

“I plan on being with the person I have my first kiss with forever,” says Beah with the brightest smile we’ve seen on her.

They giggles and the teacher asks who’s talking. The two girls lower their heads and continue to laugh silently.

=================================

Beah returns to the room while Shinwo jolts up with a cellphone at his hand.
 

“I didn’t do anything!” Shinwoo angrily and defensively explains that he just thought Beah was in danger and came running. “You screamed, so I thought that there was other men in here and doing something bad on you!”

When Beah doesn’t reply, Shinwoo spits out, “I’m confident!”

Shinwoo looks at her, ready to fight whatever argument is ready to jump out of Beah’s mouth.

"Let's go home." Beah replied

=================================================================

"Beah is kinda annoying on my sight." Sandeul says.

Get fired up by the second, Baro demands a reason why, "and who are you to judge her!"

They start arguing about each other’s types of women, and fed up with Baro’s mood swings, Sandeul raises his voice.

Gongchan came out from the restaurant kitchen and ask them what's goin on, "and can you please calm down?" Gongchan says.

Baro ask Gongchan to serve them an alcohol, making Sandeul freak out. He pulls Gongchan back, cancelling the alcohol order. In a hurry, Sandeul drags Baro out of the restaurant.

==============================================================

Shinwoo and Beah straps themselves in the car, but Shinwoo suddenly excuse himself and heads back to his sand castle. He pats it down a couple of times, firming the sand structure before its big confrontation with the waves later on.

Beah watching Shinwoo with a sad eyes.

While Shinwoo strengthen his castle, thinking about what Beah wrote in her cell phone about hiding true feelings behind a bright smile. Shinwoo accidentaly read Beah's diary on her cellphone. "Don't collapse easily, and stay strong as you can." Shinwoo talking to the sand castle.

=========================================

With two bottles of soju on the table, Baro finally admits that he likes Beah.

Baro chugs down a bottle of Soju and yells, “Oh my goshhhhh.” Sandeul sighs.  Baro is definitely drunk now.

Baro goes on, saying what a fateful first encounter he had with Beah.

[Flashback]

The First day of Baro moved into Ocean Village his boxes are mixed in with someone else’s.

As Baro tries to figure out which is which, he’s confronted by Beah, who happened to be moving in on the same day.

She quietly informs him that on her boxes, there’s a little smiley face, which she points out.

Love at first sight the feeling that Baro feels for Beah.

But back in the present, reality hits him hard, as Sandeul says, "What have you been doing this past three years if it's really fate? You should get her number the first time you saw here, but what did you do? Nothing!"

Dang! I guess Sandeul was right.

Baro growls that such things should not be done to our Beah. “Women like her must be protected with etiquette,” not preyed upon by skeezeballs like Sandeul. “Yanno what I’m sayin’?” Baro says.

=====================================================

On their drive back to Seoul, Shinwoo struggles to fight off sleep.
Beah doesn’t say anything,Shinwoo hands Beah his phone, which is playing a video of an elephant saying, “Like it” in Korean. Beah’s eyes become round at the amazing video.

Shinwoo explains that it’s an elephant that speaks Korean.

Beah asks why the elephant learned Korean.

It turns out the elephant was stranded away from his family and became really lonely in the Korean zoo.“Because he was lonely, because he wanted to communicate so badly with someone, he learned his zookeeper’s language. Miraculously. Instead of blocking the people out of your life, why don't you learn to communicate? ”Shinwoo encourage Beah.

Beah looks to the window.

"The elephant leaned the human language. Wouldn't learning how to communicate with human beings is easier?" Shinwoo continue.

Shinwoo notice that Beah is crying and asks if she’s touched by the elephant story. Beah lies and says that she’s not crying.

Shinwoo feels glad, "The elephant doesn't speak Korean anymore, because he finds a girlfriend and speaks on their own language. He will never be lonely anymore." Since it's a happy ending for the elephant. Shinwoo back on his bright smile and restarts the long drive home.

Tears fall on Beah’s eyes.

===============================================

On their way home, Baro stops on the recyclables cartons and boxes on the ground on the side of their apartment building.

Sandeul takes this golden opportunity to take advantage of Baro for being drunk, he asks why Baro changed his name. He asks if Baro has family problems or his parents are criminal….

Baro pauses  yell to Sandeul, “I told you not to ask about it or else, I'll kill you!.”

Sandeul realize his mistake and quickly brings the attention back to the recyclables, which Baro picks one by one. Then he crawls into a box and sleeps. Giving up, Sandeul puts a box over Baro to cover him from the cold, so touching huh?

==============================================

The morning, finally Shinwoo and Beah arrives safely and the apartment parking lot.

---------------------------

Baro is annoyingly woke up because of his alarm at 7 AM.

Barely awake and most likely still hung over, Baro get out of the room and go outside of  Beah’s door, where he sticks a post-it note on her milk carton. He decides to change it because he seems like doens't like what he wrote on it sop he replace it with a new one.

===============================

Beah apologize and thanks Shinwoo for everything.

Shinwoo feel a bit disappointed that she won’t even ask any questions about him and what he plans on doing. He’s used to it though, because Narsha did the same thing – asking a lot about  Jinyoung and not interested in Shinwoo.

“But I was really curious about you.” Shinwoo smiles weakly, saying that he was just a person she sits in front of in the subway train or passes by without knowing.

Beah just tells him to have a nice stay in Korea and have a safe trip back.


Shinwoo asks if she really thinks that way. He begins to quote her words on 'lying to hide her honest feelings.'

"Did you read my diary?" Beah, in a curious tone.

Shinwoo defends himself saying that the screen was on that page, "I couldn't help but read it. At least I'm not lying! Shinwoo continue to say his belief,,"Whenever hurts feelings you will get or even you experience a very worse and painful thing, you should tell the truth."

“Have you experienced it?” asks Beah. “A truth-like lie. They’re definitely lies but ones that become true.”

Shinwoo glances at her.

“Forget me and those words.” Beah turns around to leaving Shinwoo.

“There are no cases when a lie becomes a truth. Look inside your heart, ask it and find out!”

Beah doesn’t respond and enter the building.

==========================================

Baro finished his note. It reads, “Even though you’re far away, I know you. I am Baro in #401.”

Baro sets the carton on the ground and stares at it, perhaps contemplating whether or not he should leave it. He casually looks over his shoulder when he realizes Beah is standing behind him!!

Not even jumping in shock, he plops to the ground before he crawls away to his apartment.

=================

>>

Sorry for many flashback, because it is really the life of this story. :)