Chapter 1: Shouldn't Have Let Go

Speak Now

Seohyun POV

It’s been 2 years from the last casting of We Got Married, and still my heart beats for none other than Jung Yonghwa. I’ve tried so hard to move on, to forget him, but this stubborn heart of mine, won’t listen to me. We’ve bumped into each other several times these past few years, but we would act so distant. And it hurts. We would only say our short greetings for formalities, then go on with our day.

I didn’t even know I loved him, when we were casting WGM. I just thought it was part of the show, and I just got carried away with my feelings. Not until I broke down in my dorm, did my unnies explain these foreign feelings of mine, and described them to be love. Love. But why does it hurt so much? Yonghwa stole my heart, and now he is currently dating Park Shinye. The pain with our separation was terrible, but it was nothing compared to when I found out he was dating Shinhye. My unnies did everything to cheer me up, and I could never ask for better sisters. They even tried pairing me up with Kyuhyun oppa. But even though he’s nice, that’s just as far as it goes. I like him, but I can’t love him. What do I do now?

I was so stupid to just let him go. I didn’t even keep in contact with him. Just sent text messages to congratulate him with his albums, stuff that distant acquaintances would do to one another in order to be polite. Whenever I was asked about his relationship with Shinhye, I tried so hard to just smile it off, it hurt so much. But being an idol, I’ve learned to fake a smile. My unnies said I’ve changed ever since WGM ended, and maybe they’re right. I’ve started to load myself with work in order to forget the pain. I know they’re worried; they’ve been there for me every night when I cried myself to sleep. Without them, I’d probably already given up. They did everything to help me move on. They even tried to take away the guitar Yonghwa gave me on our last night, but I just couldn't find it in me to throw it away. Even though I know they had good intentions, I couldn’t possibly separate with the guitar. It was something he gave me, it reminded me of the good memories we had, fake or not, they made me unbelievably happy. So I promised myself that I would learn to play the guitar. It was something that brought me closer to Yonghwa, whether or not we were actually together.

I practiced as much as I could, and now I’m proud to say that I can skillfully play the instrument Yonghwa loves so much. Hopefully, I can perform on stage, so that he’ll realize how much I improved; so he can see me playing with the guitar he bought me. I know it’s selfish of me, but I hope to one day perform in front of him, and maybe steal his heart through music, the same way he stole mine. I just didn’t think that the opportunity was closer than I expected it to be.

Hey, guys. So this is my first chapter of my first fanfic, so please go easy on me. Please tell what you think, this being my first fanfic, I'd appreciate some productive critism, but please no rude comments. If you have any ideas on what you think of, I'd also take them into consideration, although I already have the main plot of the story figured out.

I know this chapter's a little slow, and I really wanted to go into how much Seohyun regrets not fighting for Yonghwa. The next upcoming chapters will have more things going on, so I promise it will get better! Thanks for reading! Also, I'd really appreciate it if you could suscribe and comment.