Chapter 2: Lights, Camera ... Action!

Speak Now

Lights, Camera … Action!!!

Seohyun’s POV

  Today’s the day. My first time playing the guitar live in front of other idols and on live broadcasted TV. Am I ready? I sure hope so; I don’t want to waste my endless all-nighters just to mess up on stage. More importantly, I don’t want Yonghwa to be disappointed in me.

   I’m now currently sitting in my dressing room, rehearsing my lyrics and chords, while checking my English pronunciation with Tiffany unnie. The song I chose to sing is ‘Speak Now” by Taylor Swift. It has a lot of meaning behind the lyrics, and I hope it will reach him. But what if he doesn’t even watch me, besides all I ever was to him was his dongsaeng. Is this all just wasted effort? Am I just … “Seohyun-ssi you’re up in five.” I was brought out of my thoughts as I was called, and suddenly wanted to back out.

   “Unnie I can’t do this. What if he won’t watch me? Isn’t this all just wasted effort? Am I really this desperate?” I was on the verge of tears as I broke down in front of Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie.

    “Hyunnie, you can do this. Beside whether if he watches or not, you need to let this out, it’s better for you, you might even move on,” Taeyeon unnie tried reasoning with me.

    “Besides, we’ll back you up all the way! We’re all here to support you!” Tiffany unnie said.

  They walked me all the way to the end of the stage, and Taeyeon unnie handed me my guitar. This is it. Take a deep breath Seohyun, you can do this! “Seohyun-ssi you’re on” said someone. I nodded to her, and Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie cheered, “Fighting!”

   I walked on the stage with my guitar and sat down on the stool. I got ready and nodded to signal that I was ready. Then I looked up to the audience and smiled. I skimmed the audience looking for familiar faces. I saw my family, Kyuhyun oppa with Super Junior, my Soshi unnies, and CNBLUE with Yonghwa and Shinye. Wow, a lot of people came to support me! …. Whoa, wait, back up. Is that Yonghwa and Shinye?! I don’t think I can do this, my fingers froze and I almost ran away. It’s almost my time to sing, and I don’t know what to do!!! Then Taeyeon unnie along with the rest of my unnies all at once yelled “Fighting!” as if they read my mind, and I remembered what Tiffany unnie said. I started strumming my guitar and started singing. Watch me Yonghwa oppa, and listen to my song. I was stupid to let you go, but I’m not running away anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So I hope you liked my second chapter! I know it's pretty short, but I wanted to describe what Seohyun was feeling before she went on stage, and so I hope I conveyed her feelings well to you guys! Next chapter will be Seohyun singing, and her meaning behind the song. The next chapter after will be Yonghwa's view on everything. Hope you enjoyed reading and look forward to the next update. And please leave comments, I'd love to get some good feedback on my first fanfic! :D