New Life

It Should Have Been this Way (Spin-Off to Remember the first time?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

4 years later...

You sighed as you walked into the kitchen, tossing the newspaper onto the table. "Chunji! Paper came in." You hollered as you took a seat on one the chairs and drank your morning coffee. "Chunji!"  

"I'm coming, honey!" He yelled back as he ran down the stairs. He was busy buttoning up his undershirt for work. "Can you help me with my tie? I'm going to be late...." 

You got up and grabbed a hold of the tie. "Always waking up late," You shook your head, "Make sure to come home extra early today, I would like help sending out invitations to our friends."

He saluted and kissed your lips quickly, "Yeah, yeah, I promise I will." He glanced at his watch. "Oh! I'm going to be late!" You watched as he poured the hot coffee into his thermos and ran back up the stairs to grab his briefcase.

"Shh! You are going to wake up Chae Ri!" You shushed.

"Too late, mommy!" Chae Ri said while coming down the steps. "Daddy is so loud..."

You picked her up and kissed her happily, "I know right, mommy agrees."

Chae Ri giggled and her eyes turned into crescents.  You set her on the floor and smiled, "Chae Ri, you want to help mommy make invitations today?"

She nodded and held out two thumbs up, "Yes mommy!"

Chunji came down the stairs, briefcase in hands. "Ugh, I'm taking the van today...I'm going to be late..." He stopped pacing around when he saw Chae Ri. "Oh my goodness, Chae Ri, why are you awake this early in the morning? Go back to sleep!"

Chae Ri pointed an accusing at Chunji and laughed. "You woke me up, daddy!"

"I did?!" Chunji picked her up and started to blow on her neck. "Daddy is sorry for being to loud, Chae Ri~!" Chae Ri leaned forward and kissed her father's lips. "It's okay daddy, I still love you."  

"Daddy loves you too sweetheart." He gave her a nice big hug before kissing her cheeks. "I have to go to work Chae Ri, bye! Take care of mommy for me!" He waved.

"Bye daddy!" Chae Ri waved and blew a kiss to him. She stood and smiled and watched her dad leave the door.

   

"Mommy!" She called out.

"Yes, swee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter