Twelve

Behind Closed Doors

"Therefore, if we increase funding in the marketing department, we'll see a vast increase in customer satsifaction, and in turn..."

Yunho nodded absentmindely and twirled his pen between his fingers. His eyes were focused straight ahead on the presentation, but his mind was in a completely diffrent place. It's been almost two months since Ni Nah revealed her pregnancy and ever since then, Yunho has been a wreck.

He has never felt so torn in his life. A part of him (an extremly small part, but it still existed, and therefore, bugged the out of him) was kind of excited about the baby, and wanted to give his marriage with Ni Nah a chance for the sake of his child. He didn't want to admit it, but like Ni Nah had told him, he was getting tired too. After all the they've been through, all he wanted to do was just live a normal life.

However, the other fairly large part of him felt like he was betraying Ara for even thinking of giving Ni Nah a chance, let alone inpregnating her. Every time he looked at Ni Nah, he was reminded of the promise he made to Ara when she was alive. Her eyes haunted him when he closed his own, her touch still lingered on his skin, making it crawl like mad. "Promise me, Yunho," she had said, her voice like silk, "Promise that you'll love only me." It was the last words she had whispered to him, the last thing he'll ever remember of her. And it would always haunt him, ever since the night she died. 

Yunho felt his eyes sting with the tears that he refused to let fall. He hasn't cried since then, and he swore he would never cry again. "I promise," he whispered almost inaudibly.

"...Boss?"

Yunho dropped the pen and blinked. He looked up to see the marketing director, along with the other directors staring at him. 

He cleared his throat and sat up straight. "Y-Yes. Yes, you can have the extra funding. If that's all for today, then this meeting is over."

Everyone gave their CEO an odd glance, but none of them had the balls to stand up to him. Once they were all gone, Yunho let out a long sigh and burried his face in his palms. "What am I going to do..." he mumbled to himself.

He suddenly heard the door of the meeting room open and shut again, along with a few footsteps. He groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I said the meeting is over. Whatever is is can wait until next week," he growled, hoping to scare off whoever it was.

"I insist you listen to this one, Boss."

Yunho's eyes snapped open at the sound of that familiar voice and looked up to see the face of his father. 

Yong Soo didn't look happy. But then again, when it came to Yunho, he was never happy.

"What are you doing, Yunho??" Yong soo asked almost pleadingly, taking a few steps forward.

Yunho frowned. "Running the company...?"

"No, no, not with the company," Yong Soo brushed the thought of the company aside like it was a speck of dust. He sat in the chair next to Yunho and looked him in the eye. "What are you doing with your wife?"

Yunho raised an eyebrow. His father never talked to him about Ni Nah before. The look in his eye wasn't the look of a dissapointed father, but that of a worried father-in-law. And Yunho had no idea how to react to that.

"Um..." he shifted uncomfortably, "I'm not sure what you're talking--"

"Oh, don't play dumb with me, Jung Yunho!" Yong Soo snapped, startling Yunho almost out of his seat.

"Seriously, abboji, what are you--"

"You!" Yong Soo's jaw dropped in shock as he pointed a finger in Yunho's face, "You forgot about it, didn't you?!"

Yunho stood up, starting to get frustrated. "Abboji, what are you talking about?" He rose his tone a bit.

"Ni Nah's doctors appointment!" Yong Soo stood as well, "Why aren't you going with her to her check ups??"

Yunho froze. . She had an appointment? Check ups? He had no idea about any of this, seeing that he practically had no contact with her for about two months. He quickly thought of an excuse that can pass for almost anything. "I have a lot of meetings today. Ni Nah knows this and she said she would go--"

"I am not letting that tower like assistant of hers go in place of you!" Yong Soo cut him off again.

She has an assistant? "But--"

"Not another complaint, Yunho, you're going with her to her check ups. All of her check ups. I've already talked to your secretary about it and she said she'll create a vacant spot in your schedule for any of her check ups. You'll go no matter what." His word was final, and Yunho could do nothing but put his head down in defeat. To this day, he never won an argument with his father, no matter how much of a tantrum he threw or how much he rebelled.

Yong Soo turned to leave on that note, but turned back around at the last second. "You're going to be a father soon, Yunho. I know you don't want the responsiblity of the company... but at least take responsiblity for your family."

Those last words echoed through his head for the rest of the day. He finished up the last of his work that his father allowed him too and unwillingly trudged to his car to make his way to Cassiopeia. He was about to reverse out of the parking lot when he stopped short and realized something.

He had no idea where Cassiopeia is.