Makin' Mess

Saki's Toy Box (Only Wanting Drabbles)

Saki’s Toy Box

 

Makin’ Mess

 

If there was one way to keep Saki entertained, the boys had discovered, it was to simply give the girl access to her ‘Arts & Crafts’ box and let her run wild with it. Just as long as she didn’t make too big of a mess on the table or anywhere that could be considered to have the potential to make someone else messy who had not been helping out the young girl. Though if truth be told, everyone in the house enjoyed trying to help Saki to make something because they got to be very messy indeed.

 

Today Saki had decided that she was going to work on her current Christmas project, which was a series of stockings to hang off the fire place for her Oppas. They had come from the school’s book club and were premade red stockings with a variety of different stickers, glitters, cotton wool and character badges to decorate them with. So far Saki had managed to get all nine of the stocking tops covered in white cotton wool, which had resulted in the living room looking like a mini snow storm had attacked it and today she was going to put her Oppas names onto the stockings. She had initially wanted to just put their first letter on but had quickly realised that would not be a good idea given that three of her Oppas name’s started with a K, three with J and two with S. At least her daddy was easy to identify because he had a totally different letter start to everyone else but the girl had wanted to practice her writing too so she was looking forward to this task.

 

However the pens which had been supplied with the set were not to her liking so she had gone and put a pot of paint on the table – after remembering to find some old newspaper and put it down on top first – and was merrily in the process of painting on each respective name.

 

That was until Sunwoo happened to come into the dining room for something and looked over to see what she was up to.

 

“Christmas stuff,” Saki had replied, flicking her paintbrush towards him, “And Oppa not allowed to see just yet so go away.”

 

Sunwoo held up his hands, “Okay, okay, I understand. But Saki yeondonseng, if you’re writing Kiyeol’s name it’s not spelt with that character. It’s the other one.”

 

“Is it?” Saki looked down at her work and then glanced to the left to the note that she was copying off before realising her mistake. She had swapped the characters around accidentally which wasn’t brilliant but she could sort it out, she was sure of it.

 

An hour later, Kyung happened to pass buy with some shopping and he sneezed slightly at the clouds of glitter which were being used to decorate the stockings, “Whoa, Kitty, what are you doing?”

 

Saki didn’t look up from her very important work, “Making Christmas stuff and Oppas isn’t allowed to see yet.”

 

“Oh right,” Kyung said, holding back another sneeze, “If that’s for Jongki he doesn’t like green by the way. His favourite colour is yellow.”

 

The girl blinked and looked down once again before attempting to try and get the green glitter plus glue off of Jongki’s stocking.

 

Kiyeol and Jae were next to investigate what little Saki was up to and they giggled, “Saki, you’ve done one of them backwards.”

 

“I have not,” the girl said defensively before suddenly realising that she had indeed done one of them backwards and she chased the pair off by throwing glitter at them.

Sang popped up shortly after, mainly to investigate what all the fuss was about and gave her a window stencil in order to help the girl get a snowman on one of the stockings, “They look really pretty Saki but why does that one have a black toe?”

 

Saki looked and yelped, realising that the stocking had somehow managed to go into the cup of water which she had been using to clean her brushes with. She fished it out quickly and sighed at the complete state but didn’t notice that Sang had wandered off.

 

When the self proclaimed twins showed up, Saki didn’t even let them get anywhere near the table and tried to scare them off by covering them in stickers.

 

Finally an hour over due for when she was supposed to finish, she had forgone watching her favourite cartoon show in order to finish the stockings, Saki took a step back to admire her work at repairing the absolute mess of the stockings and felt quietly confident that they were the best stockings in the world.

 

“Whoa, what the heck happened here...oh hey Saki,” Jongki said, stepping into the area and glancing around, “What you been up to this time?”

 

“Making stockings,” the girl replied happily, not caring if Jongki saw because he wouldn’t touch them until they were ready.

 

Jongki grinned, “Ah I was wondering why everyone was covered in mess. I hope you’re going to tidy up missy cause otherwise your Daddy is going to go nuts at you.”

 

“Saki is a good girl and put paper down,” Saki pointed before looking around the rest of the room and realising that there was glitter in the carpet, stickers on the walls and splattering's of paint and glue everywhere else. She lightly bit her lip, “Oopsey...but if Oppas’ hadn’t kept on disating me then it wouldn’t be messy. They should help clean up.”

 

“They’re already sorting out the hallway and porch,” Bradley’s voice came across firmly, “Since they said you gave them paints and crayons and other stuffs.”

 

The girl blinked and looked shocked, “I did not. Naughty Oppas.”

 

“I know sweetie,” the Daddy grinned, “But clean up your mess okay? I’ll get them to clean up the rest once you’re done.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Jongki gave Bradley a look and a chuckle was his response, “I lived with her for six months by myself, believe me, I know the difference between Saki making a mess and our cubs making a mess.”

 

“What is the difference?”

 

“Saki cleans up after herself,” Bradley smirked, “Without having to be told.”