Explanation.

The Snake

After many comments (thank you) I have decided to write an explanation, explaining the story and it's hidden meanings.

First off, the biggest question was what the 'It was me' meant. This sentence was one of the bigger sentences in the story, along with 'He never answered' and in the beginning there was a question. In the description that I hope you've all read.

At the bottom as the last sentence there was the question: "Who does Sungjong kill?"  This was basically the answer and the 'He never answered' was another sentence.

Kind of like a conversation.

To make it easier it was basically: "It was me that I was meant to kill" but it was shortened to be more mysterious.

separator_flower.jpg

The Snake was actually the biggest factor in the story. If you noticed, the Snake only came up twice though. 

The first time was on the dagger. Now when I was searching up items of betrayal (I like to do thorough research) I came across someone talking about a snake. I searched it up more and found a perfect prompt.

You see, seeing a snake in your dreams have very many different meanings in very many different cultures and countries but the one I chose varies.

This is a segmant of something I read and got it based off of. These are the different meanings.

But back to the dagger. The dagger was also a symbol, in my opinion, of betrayal and distrust. Back stabbing. Also death and destruction. Murder. So I put it in the dagger as the meanings are very similar.

The second time I also put it in Sungjong. Here Sungjong was having conflicting feelings that were powered by the betrayed thoughts he carried. He felt confused and betrayed, but when he looked into Myungsoo's eyes he thought that he was the one betraying Myungsoo.

There he tried to fight the snake out and that's when he 'became' the snake. He was trying to get rid of it, even though it looked like he was becoming it. That was the point though. And when Myungsoo saw him he felt scared and this powered him to fight Sungjong because he figured that this wasn't Sungjong. Even though the snake appearing was good.

So he attacked Sungjong and disrupted his thoughts about being betrayed and the snake went back inside of Sungjong's heart. 

separator_flower.jpg

Sentence: When you are fighting with a snake, it means that you are resisting a change or struggling with a decision or feelings in your waking life. It may represent a struggle in your intimate relationship or at work.

Explanation: The time sungjong was fighting with the snake was when he was trying to get rid of it. I put this in because Sungjong couldn't accept that Myungsoo might've been changing and moving on. He couldn't deal with it in the dream and thus the fighting was put in since he was struggling in his intimiate relationship.

Sentence: If the snake spits its venom at you, it suggests that there’s a negative influence in your life that’s difficult to handle. It may represent a “poisonous” relationship or negative words or rumors around you.

Explanation: Here the venom is the words that is being said. Basically though, even though I said that the snake only appeared in two places. It was kind of the entire dream was the snake. So his negative influence was his relationship. How he was beginning to feel like he was being used and he couldn't handle it, so he went crazy. Also the poisonous relationship isn't hard to spot. 

(Reference: http://www.sreams.org/snake-dream.html)

separator_flower.jpg

The teddy bear. 

So if you remember me talking about the teddy bear, then I will explain it now as to why it was so heavy.

Well remember how the dagger was being stored in there? Yes, well that was because the teddy bear was kind of like Sungjong relief. It was like he would pass all his pent up emotions into the teddy bear and with every hit even more emotions was being put into the teddy bear.

And if you remember, Sungjong had been hiting the teddy bear all night. So if he hit this teddy bear frequently and he frequently felt betrayed and used, then there would be a lot of betrayed emotions inside of the teddy bear. This made the dagger. This was where the snake began to form.

So when the teddy bear dropped and Hoya asked 'How much did that thing weigh' it weighed a load of emotions. 

Sungjong also couldn't handle having so much inner raging emotions so he tried to pour it into his teddy bear, but it didn't work even though he hit it all night. Thus the entire 'it wasn't enough' in the very beginning in the descriptions.

separator_flower.jpg

If you have anymore questions please don't be afraid to ask, you're always welcome to question anything and point out things. I will make sure to answer.

Thank you so much for reading so far. I am sorry for the lenghth.

Don't forget to read Broken in Love, the sequel of The Snake.