Betrayed

The Snake

Sungjong stared. He just stared, his gaze unblinking and unwavering. Tears didn’t collect but instead anger raged. Myungsoo, his Myungsoo, was—he didn’t even want to say it.

That night the teddy bear didn’t settle his anger. He punched it for hours, murmuring the names of the people who will soon face his wrath, he said death threats and almost ripped the poor thing’s head off. Oh no, that night Sungjong didn’t want to just hit a teddy bear.

“Sungjong-ah, go to sleep.” Hoya said tiredly, only to raise his hands beside his head and go to sleep as he felt Sungjong’s deadly wrath begin to settle on him. Not wanting to be the center of the Maknae's glare he quickly tried to change the subject.

“Yah, Jongie-ah, where is Sungyeol?” Sungjong nearly burst from rage he didn’t reply and kept silent but eventually he fell asleep dreaming of death, violence and gruesome, vile things.

 Once Hoya saw the boy asleep he quickly shot out of his bed and into Sunggyu and Woohyun’s room and shook the cuddling people awake. “Hyungs, wake up! It’s urgent!” He whispered harshly. Luckily they were light sleepers.

“Mmm, what is it, Hoya?” Sunggyu asked tiredly as he checked the time that read: 3:12. “What the heck do you need at 3am in the morning?!”

“Uh- well you see hyung...” He sighed and decided to explain it as simply as possible, “Sungjong’s going to kill someone.” Woohyun’s eyes opened wide as he heard his favourite dongsaeng’s name be called out.

“What? Why? How? When?” He blurted out, what the heck was going on? “You see Hyungs, I think something happened and he got angry—“

“—He normally gets angry?”

“Namgrease, don’t interrupt me! Anyway, he was punching his bear ever since he came in last night and he just fell asleep! I heard him he really wants to kill somebody! Or at least seriously harm them.” Hoya explained, trying to show how serious the situation was.

“Okay, so if he beats up someone in infinite it’s okay, we’re going to vacation soon just make sure it isn't serious.” Sunggyu said waving his hand and trying to get back to sleep. Ah, they don’t get it!

The younger male dragged the two into their room and showed them the raging boy. He looked terrible, he had dark under eyes, he was frowning harshly, his hands were making stabbing motions, his teddy bear had a missing arm and he was giggling slightly. “Die, , Die.”

“Oh god, we have to do a meeting, he's gone mad! Quick get everyone up! Where’s Sungyeol?” Sunggyu asked hurriedly, fearing his life. Everybody knew that Sungjong got mad easily, but there was only one time he got this mad and it didn't end prettily. 

Hoya went to wake the two boys up, only to find that Sungyeol was in there too, with Myungsoo’s arm draped over his waist and Sungyeol’s leg draped over Myungsoo, he had his head snuggled in comfortably with Myungsoo and their hair was rather messy and their clothes were dishevelled. Oh ! I hope that was from sleeping.

“Dongwoo! Dongwoo-ah!” The boy tried to wake up the dino first, but he was like a legit log. He leaned into his ear and shouted as loud as he could as to not wake up Sungjong. “Hyung! Get the up now before I—“ Dongwoo got up after he finished the sentence, slowly and groggily but still up.

“What is it?” He asked as he put an arm around Hoya’s shoulder to get up only to fall back down and have the poor young boy end up on top of him. “Get up Hyung! It’s important!” The boy only sighed and after a few minutes of struggling ended up in the living room for the Hyungs to inform him.

“You two!” He whispered shaking them awake. Sungyeol got up quickly and Hoya could see something suspicious, “Are those hickeys?” He nearly shouted. Sungyeol just blushed and put on a warm robe—Myungsoo’s robe.

“N-no,” he lied and asked what he was doing, Hoya just asked him to help get Myungsoo up. “Okay, you can go into the sitting room, I’ll take care of it.

Sungyeol giggled, remembering the day before, he finally got Myungsoo! “Mmhmm, Myungsoo-ah get up.” He said lightly shaking the boy who just moaned and dragged Sungyeol on top of him.

“Morning Myungie, wake up~!” He tried to wake him up, he pinched the boys cheeks. “Get up!! It sounds urgent,”

“Kiss me.” The half-asleep boy asked with wiggly eyebrows. “What?” The choding choked back. “I told you, kiss me and I’ll get up.”

“Mmmm, okay!” He said and pecked the heavy sleeper on the lips only to have the visual hold his head there to deepen the kiss.

“Come on, Myungsoo! They’re waiting!” He said and quickly pulled the boy up and dragged him out while holding hands but quickly untangling it as they went into the living room.

Meanwhile...

“Hyung! It’s Sungyeol! It’s Sungyeol and Myungsoo!” He said with fear. He had known about Sungjong’s and Myungsoo’s secret relationship-fling.

“What is?” Dongwoo asked, clueless of course. “What’s going on, Hoya?? Gyu gee gee? Greasebag?”  He got hit by Woohyun after that.

“What? Why would Sungjong want to kill them two?” Sunggyu asked, trying to piece together the situation.

“Who does Sungjong want to kill?” Myungsoo asked, not knowing what’s going on. “Why would Sungjong want to kill anybody?”

“He wants to kill you two,” Dongwoo said absentmindedly, “I think it’s because he’s in love with you, and you two were dating somewhat and he thought you were serious and caught you making out with Sungyeol-ah.” The boy stated simply remembering back to where he last saw Sungjong. It was actually a rather awkward moment since everybody thought he fell asleep so he had to listen to moans and groans good thing he slept heavily.

“E-eh! We w-“ Sungyeol tried to say but Hoya just harshly interrupted him. “Ugh, shut up Sungyeol, we all know you do. What did you two do last night? Because those aren’t just bruises.” He pointed out, referring to the hickeys on their necks.

“Fine! We're together now.” ...

“DONGWOO HIDE EVERY WEAPON YOU CAN FIND!” The entire house went into a frenzy not noticing that during this Sungjong had woken up to hear that.

We're together now...

We're together now...

We're together...

A loud scream pierced the entire house. Every single person stopped what they were doing, whether they were making out, hiding, falling or stuffing weapons into cupboards.

They slowly walked to the living room to find Sungjong inside it. Eyes dark and deadly, his entire body was shaking and still no tears. 

Hoya noticed what he was holding in his hand. “S-sungjong, what happened to your Bear?” He hesitantly spoke up but still in a quiet voice, fearing the answer.

The teddy bear that Sungjong always beat up was headless, and inside a pile of fluff was missing inside was a dagger, a rather small but sharp and pointed dagger with a dark looking snake on it. The boy picked up the blade and dropped the bear which surprising landed with a heavy thud. What's in that thing?

He pointed it at Sungyeol. “D-don’t do this, Jongie!” Sungjong ignored them. They should’ve noticed how deadly Sungjong is.

He looked up, feigning innocence and honestly it actually looked believable. “Don’t do what, Hyung~? I just want to play!” He giggled, and if he wasn’t holding a knife and pointing it at Sungyeol most would probably believe him. But for just one second his tongue had pointed out, his skin looked slightly dry or scaly and his eyes had looked like those of a snake.

But suddenly Myungsoo tackled him to the floor before anybody noticed, Sungyeol quickly took the dagger but could do nothing about the death fight. 

In the end Sungjong was on top, straddling the visual by the waist and wrapped his slender fingers around his neck choking him but not enough to stop his breathing completely or harm his vocals.

Wierdly Sungjong felt something warm drip down his stomach. He looked down to see a knife sticking out of his stomach. Sungyeol slid Myungsoo the knife while he was busy. He should've been more attentive. 

He was still strong enough to hold Myungsoo in place, but his hands were hardly applying pressure but still Myungsoo was frozen, a loud gugrly cough erupted from the Maknae's throat and blood splattered onto Myungsoo’s face.

As if that was action was an initiator everybody woke up from their place and rushed to Sungjong while Sungyeol rushed to Myungsoo. “O-oh god, Jongie-ah, d-don’t go. We’ve called the ambulance. Why did you do it? Why’d you have to try and kill them? Why’d you want to kill them?”

Sungjong just smiled widely. Why'd you want to kill them? “Oh Hyungs, you never got it did you?” Everybody, including the visual and the choding looked at him perplexed. 

“It was me.”

I woke up suddenly, tears pouring out from my eyes, I looked beside me to find Sungyeol and Hoya asleep. Why had I dreamt of that? I hopped down from my bed and walked over to Myungsoo, still sniffing. It was me. What the heck did that mean?

I shook the visual awake, my heart beat faster when his eyes fluttered open and looked at me. “What is it, Jongie?”

“C-can I sleep here tonight?” Myungsoo just chuckled and nodded and shuffled over for me to fit. “Ne, Hyung?” He just replied with a slight hum.

“You love me more than Sungyeol-hyung?” I whispered he just chuckled and pulled me closer.

He never answered.