He's A Bastard.... He's My Hero...

Bet on Love

 

-The Next day-

Yoona went to school with Tiffany that day blissfully. She’s just so excited to see Nichkhun again. Her first class for that day was finance. Taecyeon, Nichkhun, and Yuri were also in the same class as Yoona. Tiffany, as usual, was on the same class again with Junsu, and much to her disappointment, her schedule is the same as Junsu's. Of course it would be a benefit to Junsu because he gets to see Tiffany the whole day, but for Tiffany, it’s just like her past is coming back to reality again. She actually didn’t really dislike Junsu. What she hates is that Junsu is really like the bastard that ruined her life Wooyoung.

On the other hand, Yoona and Yuri also have the same class schedule, meaning, they will be with each other the whole semester. As for Taecyeon and Nichkhun, as expected for bestfriends, they have their schedule arranged even before the semester has started. Only Chansung has a different schedule. Although he has some classes together with the other guys, he decided to choose different classes because he wanted to be apart from his hyungs sometimes so that he won’t get scolded whenever he does something stupid. 

As usual, during the break, the four guys, including Yoona, would gather together in the cafeteria for them to have their bonding moment. Chansung started to make a move on Yoona. He would flirt with Yoona without her noticing that he’s actually hitting on her. Yoona thought that he’s just being friendly so she just entertained him. Taecyeon, on the other hand, didn’t make any move at that time. He would sometimes chat with Yoona, but that doesn’t mean that he’s making a move already. He doesn’t want to make a move whenever Nichkhun is around because there’s a part of him that feels guilty. He already had thought of a plan but he’s planning to do it with step by step basis.

After having their lunch together, Yoona headed straight to her English class while the guys went to their respective classes. Yuri was happily waiting for Yoona in their classroom, and when she saw Yoona entered the classroom, she waved at her and motioned Yoona to her seat. When Yoona saw Yoona, she frantically waved back and approached Yuri.

Yuri: (smiling) Hi there Yoong!

Yoona: (sitting) Yoong!!? (surprised)

Yuri: Ne. Can I just call you Yoong? And if you want, you can just call me Yul.

Yoona: Okay….Yul. (smiles)

Yuri: Yoong….

Yoona: (curious) yes?

Yuri: you seem so lucky to have Nichkhun as your boyfriend. (force smile)

Yoona: (smiles) sure thing.

Yuri: Nichkhun really looks so nice, and I really can’t think of any reason why he is friends with that Taecyeon.

Yoona: (surprised) Taecyeon oppa? Why? Is there something wrong with him?

Yuri: (demented) he just played with my heart.

Yoona: (totally shocked) Played with your heart!? You mean, you had a relationship with him?

Yuri just nodded…

Yoona: but what did he do to you???

Yuri: (sighed) since we are classmates in our 5 classes, we became close. Then he just courted me. Though I already know that he’s a playboy, I believed that he’s really sincere. Then, after almost 5 months of courtship, I decided to say yes because I really thought he’s sincere and that I could change him. Just a week after I accepted him, I saw him kissing another girl and those times that he’s courting me, he actually had a girlfriend. And what made it worse is that, when I slapped the girl, he sided to that .

Yoona: (mouth widely open) Chinjia!??

Yuri: And you know what he told me when I confronted him??

Yoona just stared at her waiting for her to continue..

Yuri: …..he said, “did you honestly think that I’m serious!? Haha. Really. You’re such an easy girl.” He just left me and didn’t even apologize…

Yoona can’t believe what Yuri is saying. Even though she knows that Yuri is telling her the truth, she still doesn’t want to judge Taecyeon and to jump in to conclusions without hearing Taecyeon's side.

Yoona: (in her thought) maybe Taecyeon oppa has his reasons.

She didn’t know what to tell Yuri so she just gave her a hug.

 

-------Yoona’s home------

Yoona: (standing up from her bed) Hey, Tiffany, I’m going out for a walk. Don’t you want to come with me?

Tiffany: (writing) No thanks, Yoong. (Turning her head to Yoona’s direction to smile at Yoona) I still need to finish my paper works.

(Tiffany also decided to call Yoona Yoong when she heard Yuri call her)

Yoona: Okay, I’ll be back in a while. (grabbing the doorknob)

Just like the other night, Taecyeon decided to go to Yoona’s house again. As soon as he saw Yoona walk out of their house, he started his car and followed her again. Yoona didn’t notice that Taecyeon was following her. When she arrived at the park, she sat on the swing in the playground. She kept on thinking about what Yuri told her. She couldn’t believe that Taecyeon would hurt her friend. She sees Taecyeon as a brother even though they met only the day before, that’s why she couldn’t believe that he would do such thing. Taecyeon stayed on his car and he just gazed at Yoona from afar.

Taecyeon: (in his thought) what is she thinking? I’ve never seen her like that before.

Even though Taecyeon’s eyes were fixed on Yoona, he noticed that there were 2 guys approaching Yoona. Yoona, who was still in deep thought, didn’t notice that danger is ahead. She just awakens from her deep thoughts when she felt that her wrist is held tightly by a guy whom she didn’t know. When Taecyeon saw that one of the guys grabbed her wrist, he felt the urge to run and save her.

-----Yoona’s side------

Guy #1: (still holding Yoona’s wrist tightly) Hey baby, do you want to come with us!? (chuckled)

Yoona: (struggling) Let go of me!

Guy #2: Why? Don’t you want to have some fun? (laughs)

Guy #1: Don’t struggle anymore. We’ll make sure that you will enjoy (laughs)

Yoona: (still struggling) You ! (then she spitted on the guy’s face)

Guy #1: (wiping his face) I’m not tolerating this anymore.

Then he grabbed Yoona's face and tried to kiss her. Yoona just closed her eyes in fear but still continues to struggle. Before he gets to kiss her, he felt a hand tightly holding his shoulders.

Guy #1: What!? Let me kiss her first. (Turning his head around) You will get your chance….

Before he finished his sentence, a very strong punch landed on his face which made him fell on the ground. When he looked for his companion, he was so surprised to see that he’s also on the ground but already unconscious. Because of fear, he tried to stand up and ran away leaving his poor companion alone. When Yoona opened her eyes to see what happened, she was so surprised to see Taecyeon standing in front of her with a comforting smile on his face. Because of shock, Yoona hugged him tightly which caught Taecyeon on surprise. After a minute, Yoona broke away from the hug and faced Taecyeon.

Yoona: gamsahamnida Taecyeon oppa! I thought something bad would happen to me. But……what brings you here?

Taecyeon: (making up some excuses) Oh that, I just go here every night to feel some fresh air.

Yoona: Oh I see… I don’t how to thank you. Would you want to go to my place for a drink?

Taecyeon: No it’s okay, but I will just send you home. You know, it’s really dangerous for you to go home alone after what just happened.

Yoona: (smiles) Okay, I won’t refuse. Gamsahamnida! (in her thought) maybe he isn’t that bad at all. I really want to know why he did that to Yuri but…ah Yoona, just forget about it, the damage is already done and I don’t want to add up to their misunderstandings anymore.

Then Taecyeon drove Yoona home that night. Yoona, even though she’s really curious, just shook it off because she doesn’t want to get involved anymore. After a few minutes, they arrived at Yoona's home.

Yoona: (leaning to talk to Taecyeon who is inside his car) you sure you don’t want to come in?

Taecyeon: (smiles) Maybe next time, it’s getting late already, I need to come home.

Yoona: alright, drive home safely, huh? Thank you again! (smiles)

Taecyeon: It’s no big deal. I’ll get going now.

Then Taecyeon drove his way back home…..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------