Luhan is Bipolar

Soo Min Ah : Luhan's Assistant

 

CHAPTER 3 : Luhan is Bipolar

 

I arrived at Luhan’s dorm earlier than I expected. At 7 am, I was already on their front door. I rang the doorbell and was welcomed by Kris who was doing his morning exercise.

“Well you’re early.” he noted.

“I’m sorry but I was told to be here as soon as Luhan wakes up.”

“Haha no worries. But I still think you’re too early, especially since it’s Luhan we’re talking about.” He teased.

And damn was he right. By 8 am, almost all of EXO-M was already up. They invited me to eat breakfast with them, but scared that Luhan might show up suddenly, I decided to remain at that specific spot he said I should be in. An hour later, all of them were already dressed up ready for their engagement, and Luhan was still in dreamland.

“I think you should wake him up.” Kris said. Me??

I wanted to refuse, but all of them stared at me like it was some sort of mission. Lay then took me to the stairs and pointed me to Luhan’s room. My heart started beating rapidly, my palms sweating. Fine, I won’t deny that I want to see how Luhan sleeps. (Is that creepy or what?) But still, if he’s usually grumpy, what more in the morning?

I knocked on his door twice but there was no answer.

“It’s fine, just open it.” Lay said.

“Are you sure it’s alright to do this?” I asked trembling.

Lay gave me a confusing look, “Don’t worry about it. If he hits you, hit him back.”

Wait, what? If he hits me? Hit him back??

I took a deep breath and decided to hell with everything. I twisted the doorknob slowly and took the tiniest peek possible.

The blanket covered all of him. I wondered if I should uncover his face at least, but resolved not to.

“Sir…” I nudged him lightly but there was no response.

“Sir, it’s time for you to wake up.”

I nudged him more forceful this time, “Sir, wake –“

“What are you doing?” a voice from behind me said.

I immediately turned to where the voice was and freaked out to see Luhan standing too close to me.

And holy cow, he was not wearing a shirt.

I covered my eyes with my hand right away. I felt my face turn red in embarrassment. Luhan dressed is close to intolerable, but this is beyond what I can take. After a few seconds, I unconsciously peeked through my fingers to see if Luhan was still there. And he was staring at me with a conceited look on his face.

Stunned, I moved a step back, but I hit the side of his bed, and was about to fall down on it. In a flash, Luhan caught me with both of his arms, and my hands placed firmly on his chest. God help me.

Heat washed over me and my heart worked in quick beats. I knew this was one of those moments I had to run away from, but my body just froze. He was too close that I could feel his breathing over mine. His chiseled features made me stare at him without blinking. He moved towards me, closing the last inch that separated us. Shivers ran up my spine as I felt his grip tighten around my waist.

“Don’t you dare,” Luhan warned, “touch my bed.”

 I swallowed. Then please stop walking around half-, sir.

Luhan let go of me abruptly. I took ahold of myself and fixed my clothes. Luhan headed to his dresser and I slowly walked out. I began to feel my knees weaken; I held the frame of the door and heaved a sigh. I think I heard Luhan say something but I left not wanting to hear more of his barbed words.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I sat beside the driver on our way to the airport. Mr. Kim called me and informed me that EXO-M will be having a mini fan-signing event in Jeju-do. Of course I was excited, this is my very first event with EXO! Today, I will try my best to be a good-enough assistant to Luhan.

We reached the airport and EXO-M’s fans were all over the place. I took notice of Luhan, who instantly became an angel sent from heaven. He bowed to each fan and even signed some autographs. Who are you and what have you done to my boss? I thought.

In an instant, a swarm of people crowded over us, the guards tried to stop them and us assistants helped, but to no avail. I was pushed and literally battered, at some point I think my hair was even pulled. I probably looked like I just had a boxing match. As if things weren’t bad enough, I dropped my phone.

I knelt in a desperate attempt to look for it. I took sight of my phone and tried to grab it, but someone step on my foot. Ouch!! I haven’t even recovered from the pain when a fan that was trying to get Chen’s autograph accidentally walked over me, hitting my side with her foot. My stomach started to sting like it was stabbed. I let out a cry of pain and to my surprise, a warm hand held my wrist and quickly pulled me.

In a quick second, I was beside Luhan, his hand still firmly pressed around my wrist. I tried to keep a straight face but inside, I was swooning like crazy. The pain from earlier disappeared, instead my stomach bottomed like there were butterflies in it. A part of me knew he was just acting concerned since we were in front of other people but still, I was glad.

“Are you okay?” He said without looking at me.

I didn’t say anything back. Because honestly, I couldn’t even open my mouth. Besides, I was afraid I would say something stupid like “Your hands are warm.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After surviving the battle royale at the airport, we were finally in the VIP class of the plane. I’ve never ridden in this class before so everything amazed me. The members pretty much played with each other, made jokes and talked about anything they thought of. It was heartwarming to be able to see that, as a fan myself. Luhan, on the other hand, was back to his normal self.

At one point he asked me, “Where’s my jacket?”

 “Your jacket?” I asked in confusion.

“You didn’t bring me one?”

“I didn’t know… I’m sorr-”

“Forget it.” He made a quick wave with his hand.

I removed my jacket and held it out to him, “Here, you can use mine.”

To my surprise, all of the other members were actually listening to us. When I offered my jacket, all of them laughed in unison. And I was left baffled.

Get out. I don’t wanna see your face.” Luhan snapped.

The members completely stopped laughing right away. I, on the other hand, felt like a brick hit my face. How can I possibly get out when we’re 20,000 feet above land??

Luckily, Kris helped me out and signaled me to sit at the other side of the chair, where Luhan won’t actually see my face. I was there for the rest of the awkward trip. Note to self: Always bring Luhan’s jacket from now on.

After an hour, we finally reached Jeju. Thanks to the added security, we were able to quickly leave the airport. Jeju-do took my breath away. I’ve seen it in photos a couple of times but to call it spectacular is an understatement. The calm beach, the green trees, the serene mood – I almost forgot where I was.

I glanced at Luhan who was sitting at the back. Unlike everyone else, he was wide-awake. He was looking at the view like I was. I saw a sad glint in his eyes and for a moment, he seemed so fragile. Like the cold mean person I’ve come to know has completely disappeared. But if there’s anything I’ve learned so far, it’s that looks are definitely deceiving.

We reached Lotte Hotel around dinnertime. It was an astounding mansion-like hotel surrounded by tall palm trees, a lake and a golf course. Just outside the entrance lied a huge swimming pool where a few number of people retreated.

We went directly to the reception area and it suddenly hit me, I did not book myself a room, where the hell am I going to sleep?

 

A/N : Thank you to those subscribing to the story. Please do comment when you can,
I'd love to hear what you guys think :D Lots of love. <3