Their Lives

Identity

"Young master. Please wake up. It's time to go to school now."

He stirred in bed.

"Ah, he's so cute!" The maid thought as she gazed at him, waiting patiently. Everyone knew how hot-tempered Young Master was and she definitely did not want to be a victim of his wrath. He was so nice to look at anyway.

"Stop staring at me. How annoying." He said as he suddenly opened his eyes. 

She immediately bowed her head.

"Sorry."

"Enough."

He got out of bed and walked past her as if she were invisible. She was used to him being like that already anyway. It was okay since he was so hot anyway. She gazed at his back figure longingly. She could see his perfectly toned abs through his translucent white shirt. Being one of the three maids that were allowed into his room, she knew his temper and ways better than the others. She slowly walked out of the room as the shower .

~~~

Around her was this entire garden of beautiful flowers of all colours and types. She took in a deep breath, taking in the fresh morning air and the magical scent of the flowers.

It was just like wonderland.

Now she knew why he would always go there. She followed the winding gravel paths that were amidst the lush greenery, just enjoying the wonderful morning. Suddenly, as she neared a fountain, the soothing sound of the violin reached her ears.

She stopped.

And smiled.

The music was just like a story, filled with emotions. It was like a sorrowful serrenade, like the story of the butterfly lovers. Light and colourful, but sad. She walked, following the music as it grew louder. Finally, she reached. This part was different from the rest of the garden, only filled with lillies amidst the trees and bushes. Against the mirrored pond, she saw him. Standing there, the white violin gently resting on his shoulder, pulling the bow across the strings. She looked at him and found a smile growing on her face. With his long raven black hair that slightly reached his shoulders and his perfect features, he looked like one of those Roman statues. She slowly walked towards him and sat on the swing beside him.

They sat there in silence, listening to the sweet melody coming from the violin, having a silent conversation. As the song drew to an end, he slowly drew his violin away, just gazing at the beautiful place he was in. He turned towards her and showed one of his rare but sweet smiles as he took her hand.

"Come on, Grandma. Let's go for breakfast."

~~~

 

Everyone stopped. 
The chatterings stopped as all fixed their eyes on the main door.
Her lucious black curls sat on her right shoulder, like a waterfall of charcoal, contrasting against her porcelain white skin. Her eyes were the deepest pools of black, framed by heavy mascara and eyeliner, adding on to the mysterious aura she was carrying. Her pale glossy pink lips curved into a little smile, as she hooked her arm tighter into her partner's as she sashayed down the stairs. Her black tube gown seemed to hug her curves in all the right places, the high slit showing off her flawless legs ending in 6 inch high red pumps, and the back cleavage reaching all the way to the area just above her bottom, the black gown and snowy white of her back, the perfect match. As she walked down the stairs, the whole hall gazed in awe at the beautiful goddess that seemed to be floating down the stairs.

She held the glass of champagne delicately between her fingers, swishing the maroon liquid around. As her pink lips met with the glass, waltz music as the people slowly backed off, forming a circle to form a dance floor. Couples made their way there as they swayed against the waltz.
"Strauss," she recognised.
"Hmmm... You like him too?" A voice said beside her.
"Yes... Especially the Blue Danube." She said as she turned around.
His black eyes seemed to penetrate through her as he stared at her right in the eyes.
Vision improving contacts, she thought.
She let her eyes wonder over his well-built body that could still be seen through his suit. She scanned through his pants.
Gun holster. Both sides.
Done with her scrutinizing, she allowed a playful but seductive smirk play on her lips as she took a step nearer to him. 
"So... Which Strauss do you like?" She allowed her voice to raise just above a whisper.
"Well... I do like the current song... " he replied.
She took another step nearer. Now, their noses were barely inches away.
"Mmm... Aren't you going to be a gentleman?" She teased, letting out a tiny giggle.
He smiled as he extended his arm.
"What about your partner?" He asked, suddenly pulling her close to him, snaking an arm round her waist. 
"Who?" She whispered as they made their way to the dance floor.
They waltzed, the entire floor; everyone's eyes on the beautiful couple. As they moved with the music, she felt his hand creeping lower and lower down her back.
Creep.
Playing along, she edged her body closer to him, head on his shoulder, purposely allowing her breath to tickle his ear.
Suddenly, the music stopped. Followed by a blanket of black falling down on the hall. 
All was in chaos. Screams echoed through, bodies colided, glass shattered. The darkness lasted for about 2 minutes.
Out of the blue, a loud crack thundered through the room and the lights suddenly blinked on as the music again. The place was in an utter mess, food squished on the floor, shattered glass lying everywhere and tables and chairs upturned. Some people were lying on the floor, some were leaning onto the wall. 
In the chaos of the moment, nobody noticed the man, lying limp on the floor.
"AHHHHHHH!!!" 
As the shrilling scream echoed through the hall, people crowded around the dance floor as hushed whispers sounded. 
The man lay on the floor, charcoal black eyes wide open, staring blankly into space, a long silver sticking out of his neck.
Dead.

She calmly walked to her convertible, opened the door and slid into the driver's seat, as she drew her hand up to her ear and pressed the small button on her earpiece.
"Seunghyun! Where are you?" 
"Coming out."
She cut the line as she hoisted up her gown and took out the bronze container from her gun holster. It was vintage, decorated with roses which were a dirty red colour. She opened the lid. 
"Hmmmm... I need to top up..._ she said to herself as she looked into the box.
On a navy blue velvet cloth lay four long silver sticks.
Poison tipped needles.
The door opened as Seunghyun got into the seat beside her. 
"How was it?" He asked.
"Haha... It was nothing. He was way too easy," She laughed "And a creep."
They laughed as she drove off. As they sped into the busy night city of Seoul, she felt a voice calling her from her earpiece.
"Yes?" 
"Yuri..." A deep voice said "I have a task for you."
~~~