Chen Chen - More than friends~

Request a Scenario - Quick Exo Oneshot Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For xforeverwithyou -  Hope you enjoy!!! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

'Yah Jongdae, don't forget we're going to Kris and Tao's basketball match today.' You said scrunching up some paper and flicking it at the back of your best friend's head during class. 

Kim Jongdae, or Chen as he was called (or ChenChen as you liked to say to annoy him) turned around rubbing the back of his head. 

'Yeah yeah I know.' he muttered turning around.

'Pff liar, you blatantly forgot, luckily for you I remembered.' you whispered smirking.

'But didn't I just remind you _______-ah?' Baekhyun cut in behind you.

'Shhhhh Baekhyun-ah no one's listening to you.' You said wafting him away as he chuckled and leaned back in his seat.

'Ha - your memories worse than mine.' Chen grinned sticking his tongue out cheekily. 

'Yaa at least I remember my brother's birthday.' you hissed back.

'Aish that was one time!' Chen yelled.

'Mr Jongdae is there something you'd like to say??' Mr Son said, sternly eyeing Chen who sheepishly muttered;

'No, sorry sir.' 

Mr Son gave a loud sigh and continued with the lesson as Chen turned around and glared at both you and Baekhyun who held back fits of laughter.

But you knew it was alright to get him into trouble, Chen always easily forgave you - he had to, you were best friends since kindergarten. You always visited his house and he visited yours; hell you even had family vacations together. You always got into mischief and argued profusely over nothing and constantly competed against one another, but at the end of the day he was the most important person in your life and you couldn't imagine it without him.

---------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the school day you and Chen decided to sit on the grass outside before heading to the basketball courts where preparations for the school match were occurring. Your head rested on Chen's stomach as you played around with some weed you plucked out from under you.

'....Well my parents wont be here for another two weeks so you should come around and we can watch that new horror film-'

'NO WAY you know I can't stand horror movies' you said shivering, remembering the last time didn't go so well. You ended up screaming and grabbing on to Chen for dear life.

'Ha ha ha but I like that, you're so cute when you're scared, not to mention you choked on your popcorn hahahaha~.' Chen replied laughing hard, his hard stomach moved up and down with his laughter, causing your head to bob around. You sat up annoyed.

'Aish, why is my best friend such a troll~' You rolled your eyes sighing and pouting. You expected Chen to retort with something witty, but something was different, his face fell at your words.

'Yeah...best friend.' He replied, his happy tone not matching the look in his eyes.

You raised your eyebrows confused. You poked his cheek as he looked away from you. Even when he was upset he still looked gorgeous.

'What's wrong Chen Chen?' You asked worried. Chen shook his head, holding your hand so you stopped poking him, but your heart seemed to skip a beat at his soft touch. 

'Yah it's nothing, come on let's go.' He replied trying to perk up as you both stood up. 

You knew what would cheer him up. You cheekily shoved him and ran off.

'Last one there has to buy the drinks!' 

'Yah no way I bought them last time!' Chen shouted after you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were beginning to worry, it had been one full week since you and Jongdae had had a full conversation, the last time being before the basketball match. It was ridiculous, he'd always managed to make some excuse that he was busy, or  that he was hanging out with the boys - it was so irritating.

'Yah Jongdae when are we going to have that horror film night?' You asked trying to not sound too eager for his answer one day in class.

'Oh sorry, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are coming round for drinks cuz my parents aren't here, so next time ok?' He replied genuinely looking apologetic, as if he wanted to say something else. But you pouted at him, feeling really hurt. 

He started going off with his guy friends more, leaving you to eat with some girl's in your class. But it wasn't the same - Chen knew how to make you laugh, and he usually did it when you were sipping a drink so you snorted it out of your nose while he toppled over laughing. These girls just wanted to talk about boys and boring stuff...

------------------------------------------------------------

'Hey ____-ah, what's up with you and Kim Jong Dae, are you two dating?' One of the girl's asked during a random lunch time where Chen had ditched you (once again), you hardly heard her while you were playing with your food.

'Oh, what? No- no of course not, he's just my best friend that's all.' You stuttered. For some weird reason, the question seemed to make your heart flutter, your  face felt a little hotter than usual. You'd never thought of Chen in that way...it was weird attempting to think about it - like testing unknown waters...

'Oh really?' A smaller girl asked lighting up.

'Well if that's the case, my friend's had a crush on him for aaaages so I could hook her up-'

'Don't be silly, apparently some girls saw him go into his house yesterday with a woman, and it deffo wasn't his mum cuz his parents are out of town.'

'Oh really?? wow boys our age are so sly~~'

What?

Was that why he was ditching you? You'd never seen this woman before - what?? He had a girlfriend and he never told you - did she not like the relationship you two had so she told Chen to end it with you? But you weren't a threat surely... 

You felt your eyes well up and jealousy engulf you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Message from ChenChen~'

Sorry ______-ah, can't come to yours today, something came up, next time.

JongDae.

 

Once again he'd blown you off, probably for his girlfriend. you planned for him to come to your house and have some food delivery. You sat in your house, alone once again.

You snapped your phone shut, feeling the anger bubble through you, that was it. You were sick of being second best for Jongdae, you were so angry you nearly broke the phone in your clenched f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter