Chapter 3

Change of Plans

"You're moving schools."

 

"Again..."

 

"Don't ing complain. I work my off for you and you repay me with nothing at all."

 

"But.."

 

"Just shut up and get into the car."

 

"Dad..."

 

"Get into the car, now."

 

The boy let out an angered sigh and stepped into the car, his luggage being thrown into the back seats by his unpredictable father. He yells for no reason at all most of the time, and when he doesn't yell, he's cursing away under the bitterness of his breath. The young boy watched his father step into the car and close his door, getting ready to leave, once again, the apparent hell house that they once called home. 

 

Once his father was already on the road, he tried to look back at the small cottage-like building in which they once lived in. He remembered the morning when his father told him that he was moving schools, once again. But this time, it was different because he never thought of having to leave behind the memories that were once there. Usually, when he was told that he was moving schools, it would be one of the other prisons that they had hidden around the corners of the different blocks of houses and units that dwelled amongst their neighborhood. 

 

"Where exactly is this place?" 

 

"What's it to you?"

 

Yet again, another rhetorical remark made by the disgrace of a man that he dares to call father. The boy stared out of the moving vehicles window and closed his eyes to think. He knew he had a some what bad life where at points he would regret his existence in this universe. He wondered of what other types of torture he will receive from not only his father but also his new fellow peers that will soon be waiting for him on the other side of the school's prison gates. 

 

To him, life was different without his mother with them. It was too bad that she became an alcoholic that slept with a bunch of men every other night. As per usual, his mother and father got into an argument which rambled on for what felt like forever. In the end, the decision was made of getting divorced and since then, they've both been their own person. His mother continued being a and an alcoholic that wouldn't look back at them for any cost, whilst his father became stricter and angrier by the second. 

 

In the midmost of his thoughts, the car halted to a stop. "We're here," was all his father said as they both unbuckled their seat belts and stepped out of the vehicle. The boy's eyes stared at the house, as if burning holes right through all the rooms. He didn't know whether getting this house was a joke or if his father actually used his own money to get it. 

 

But there it was. A big luxurious house standing right infront of the younger male. 

 

"Are you sure this is the right place?" He questioned his father. In response, he got a smack on the head and a scowl. 

 

"What? You don't like it? You can go live on your own for all I care. I give you a roof to live under and this is how you compliment me. You're pathetic." 

 

He watched his father carry out the luggage from the car and rolling it towards their new front door. As his father unlocked the door, he gave the young boy a stare telling him to get the rest of the suitcases and small boxes so they could be brought inside. He sighed and took as much as he could carry through the front door. At the sight of the new house, he was about to drop everything in his hands. For the that his father was, he had to admit that this was the most impressive thing he has seen so far. 

 

"Go choose a room and start unpacking. Don't make a ing mess or else you'll get what's coming to you." 

 

Walking upstairs with the luggage was already hard enough for him. The flight of stairs didn't seem tiring, but once you're trying to carry something up then that was a different story. When he finished his little struggle up the stairs, he made it to the a small corridore on the second floor. Out of curiousity, he opened all the doors to find his room. There were three bedrooms and two bathrooms; one down the hallway and one in his father's room. 

 

He chose a room out of the other two remaining and settled in. Later during the day, a truck came by with the furniture needed to fill the rooms. It took hours but it was all worth it because at the end of the day, he settled in nicely to his new room. As he plopped down on his bed, tired from all the lifting and change of environment, he was still wondering about the new school he was going to be enrolled in for the nth time. 

 

There was no use asking his father about the schools curriculum because he already knew that the answer was either going to be a dumb-witted response or a "leave me the hell alone" type of answer. He checked his phone to see the time and it was still a bit early. At that point, he pulled out a book from his drawer, his lamp and started reading. The story was the typical love story of where a girl and a boy of two completely different personalities fall in love. These types of books he loved and throughout, he would laugh, smile or cry.

 

Before he knew it, he had fallen asleep with the book flat on his face. There was no way in waking him up during a nap of any kind, especially in the morning. Minutes later, his father walked in and rolled his eyes as he stepped towards the bed and set the book down next to the lamp. On the bedside table, there was a picture of all three of them smiling together. His father sighed in sight of that picture and looked hopelessly at his son. 

 

"I've been causing you so much pain over the years haven't I?" He confessed as he knelt down and his sons hair with a soft and meaningful smile. "You're a hard working boy, Baekhyun, and I know that you won't let me down." He got up and walked towards the cupboard where he found a spare blanket because he knew that he wouldn't be able to get the one's under Baekhyun without waking him up. So he placed the thin blanket over him and slowly walked out of the door, leaving his son sleeping in peace.