Chapter 2

Change of Plans

"You need to take Chanyeol."

 

"But he ing hates me. There's no way that this will work!"

 

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes and poked his head of his warm black blankets. He heard some people talking out side of his door,  and one of the voices he couldn't recognise.

 

"It's the only way. I can't tell him what happened. You don't understand how hurt his sweet little heart would be."

 

He took off his blankets and quietly walked up to the door, putting an ear on it to listen to the conversation that he happened to stumble upon when he woke up. Curiousity got the best of him.

 

"Even though he's my child, I can't just take him away from you. He'll hate me even more than he hates me as a teacher and as a father."

 

"There isn't any choice you have. Take him or let him die from an aching heart from the fact that his own mother won't be there to support him anymore and that his father is an inconsiderate who can't even take care of one child."

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened when he realised who his mother was talking to.

 

"Well if you want me to take him away so badly, then how the hell am I supposed to do it?"

 

"Excuse yourself from work today and pack Chanyeol's things up while he's at school. Take them to your place when you're done and then I'll do the rest."

 

"As if that's going to work. He's a smart kid. He would find out what's up in a split second."

 

"I got it under control. When he settles in, give him what I gave you which will explain everything to him."

 

While listening to the conversation, Chanyeol accidently jabbed his foot on the door, causing the two adults outside of his room to stop in the middle of their conversation. Chanyeol cursed under his breath as he jumped back into bed and wrapped himself up in his blankets, just in time before his mother opened the door to his room.

She looked inside to see her baby boy sleeping and smiled to herself before shutting the door behind her. When he heard the door click, he got back up and continued to eavesdrop.

 

"So as I was saying, give him the letter and make sure he reads it. Don't tell him that it was from me because I'm pretty sure he would recognise my hand writing."

 

"And then if he decides to run away after two hours of living with me?"

 

"Then let him run, because knowing Chanyeol, I'm sure he would come back."

 

"I should get going now. It's already six in the morning."

 

"Chanyeol should be waking up soon. Hurry up and get out of here."

 

He heard the main door close whilst he heard footsteps heading to the room across his. Chanyeol was standing right next to the door in shock and he couldn't move. His mother was right...

Eavesdropping was a bad thing to do.

 

Chanyeol took in a deep breath as he tried to recollect his thought on what he had just witnessed. He would never think that his mother would just give him away to the person who left them for another girl, and wouldn't tell him about it. Just hearing the conversation was enough to make the tall boy sick to his stomach as he slid his back against the door until he was crouching down.

 

All he could think about was why his mum just suddenly wanted to let him live with a person whom he hated with all his heart, soul, and guts. Chanyeol clenched his fists and punched the floor below him in anger. His eyes were glistening with water as he fought back the tears trying to break through his emotional barrior.

But it was too late.

 

One by one, tears fell as he sobbed quietly into the palms of his hands. Never in his life would he think he would be crying because of his mother, let alone think that his mother would do something he doesn't want to do nor intened to do. That moment was too heartwrenching for him. Chanyeol's heart started throbbing; the lump in his throat feeling like it was growing by the second.

 

In the middle of his weeping, he heard his mother's room door open as he heard her footsteps heading towards his room. Although he wanted to ask her why she was talking to his father, he decided not to and got up, walking to his desk to pack his books for school.

 

Chanyeol's door swung open gently as he heard his mother step in. "Chanyeol-ah, are you getting ready for school." She asked in a soft tone.

 

Chanyeol just nodded. He knew that if he spoke even one word to his mother that he would lose it and water droplets would pour out of his eye sockets like a cloud full of rain.

 

"I'll be in the kitchen making breakfast, ok? Is there anything in particular that you want?"

Once again, he shook his head.

 

"I understand." She said as she was about to close the door but stopped, "Chanyeol-ah?"

 

"Hmm?" Was all he replied.

 

"Don't ever forget that I love you very much." His mother said right before she walked off, closing his door in the process.

 

Chanyeol wanted to reply, saying that he loved her too and that he would never let her go. He wanted to say that no matter what happens to either one of them that he would always manage to take care of everything by himself so that there wouldn't be a problem. He wanted to say that if she was ever feeling down, he would always find a way to make her smile and make her happy.

Because seeing his mother happy was the greatest gift he could ever receive.

 

Even if he wanted to say those to her, he just couldn't, and he didn't. He was just too afraid. He was afraid of loosing his mother. He was afraid of moving in with the he despised so much. But what he was afraid of the most was the fact that he was too much of a coward to do anything about it.

 

Chanyeol just stood there,

softly crying out his hearts content,

as his tears fell down like a waterfall,

landing ontop of his books,

 

not knowing that his mother was still there at his door, listening to his sorrowful weeping.