Our days will be all brand new.

Farewell [Oneshot]

I close my eyes to yesterday.

All the memories start to play.

Oh, the skies were blue,

and it's me and it's you growing older and older.

Key's eyes stung with tears as he held on to Taemin's hand. The doctor walked into the hospital room.

"Mr. Lee is in the last stages of cancer. We did the best we could to eliminate the cancer in his brain. He won't live for that much longer, so I'm guessing you should say your goodbyes." the doctor turned to Key. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kim."

You're not sorry, you bastard. You couldn't save my Taeminnie. Go to hell.

"I-it's alright, doc." he managed to get out. The doctor exited.

"Key hyung, I don't think it's alright. I'm scared." Taemin said weakly.

"Everything's going to be okay, Minnie-ah. I'm right here, and always will be." he squeezed the younger's hand.

Taemin's hand was unresponsive. In fact, it started to slip from Key's.

"Minnie? Taemin? C'mon, stay with me!" Key gently shook the boy.

But now you're gone, and I must be strong.

And find a way to carry on.

Key ran 3 miles to get home. He sobbed into his pillow until it was completely wet. After crying, he came out of the bedroom and went into the kitchen to get some ice cream. There wasn't any.

"Goddamnit," he muttered under his breath.

Instead, he ended up with a glass of water.

You haunt my dreams and come to me,

To tell me now that your soul is free.

 

As he slept, he saw multiple images of Taemin in his brain. They played back in his mind like a movie.

"Hi hyung! I love you~" Taemin said in English, waving.

"Come home to me, hyung. Please? I'll be waiting~"

He woke up screaming. Taemin is talking to me, he thought. Then an idea popped into mind.

Suicide. Perfect! I'll be able to see Taeminnie again with this excellent solution, he thought.

Cross my heart, hope to die.

I will see you on the other side.

Blood was all over the floor, a trail leading up to Key's pale, limp body.

Farewell, this is the end.

But I'll remember you.

I know we'll meet again,

And our days will be all brand new.