Eyes

SNSD Fanfic Recommendation List

Eyes

by sicasica90

Rating : NC-17/M18/R (there are really sensitive things in this fic, so read at your own discretion)

Pairings : JeTi

[Ongoing]

 

AFF

Review :

First off I want to thank lilrhyme for recommending me this fic. Now let's go to the review.

To be honest, I was skeptical when I first started reading this fic. Not because of the fic of the language or anything else (the language is very very ok, great even) but because I couldn't quite grasp the direction of the story the author was trying to go for at the start of the fic. In the beginning, there are exploration of unnecessary storylines/plotlines that I felt would better be drop off completely or a small mention would be enough. Pacing is important, and I think spending a number of chapters on storylines that ended as abruptly as it was mentioned was pretty much a throwoff. But passing the first 10 chapters, I could say the story picks up and gets progressively better. There is a clear direction of the story in the latter parts and with that consistency follows. Characters are well developed and most importantly consistent. Nothing made me want to pull my hair than inconsistent character. And if you have read my other (short) reviews before, then you would have known how much I appreciate authors who took their time in properly planning their stories. Plannning for this fic is as exquisite as it can get. The links made between extremely early chapters to the current ones are most of the times very visible. And what's even more impressive is how small hints, in terms of conversation or small actions in the story, is a precursor of a much larger revelation in either the plot or the characters themselves. Despite 100+ chapters in, I didn't felt that the story was too long in a way. Although you may argue that 100+ chapters is an indicator of bad pacing, sicasica90's work remind me in a lot of way with the awesome Auratus' work, who also took his time in carefully explaining and detailing his story.

I think this is the longest review that I have ever written, and don't get me wrong. It's just that I finished this just a few days ago and I can pretty much recall everything from this fic still. I finish this in a meagre 3 days, so I believe you could pretty much guess how awesome I think this fic is. 

This is my 2nd time typing this review since the first time AFF refuse to save and I lost all my lengthy review T_T My first review is better I think, so pardon me for this messy writing :(