In Korea

Lie To Me [HIATUS]

If you already don't know, I posted two chapters. So go back one! 

=======================================================================

Sehun’s POV

Years have passed since I’ve last seen Mihyun. The last time we met, I wanted to know more information about where she was going and if she was coming back. I didn’t get anything from our conversation except that she was going to college in Canada. That was just when we haven’t even entered college. As of right now, our graduating class should be receiving their bachelor’s degree. It’s been four years since I’ve last seen Mihyun.

I’m studying to be a surgeon which would mean that I have four more years of schooling and a few more for residence. Of course it’s a lot of work but it’ll be worth it at the end when I save people’s lives and earn the money to take care of my family.

Krystal is studying to be a fashion designer. She only needs four years of school so after this year, she’s completely down and ready to start her career.

I sometimes feel really bad that I cheated on Mihyun with her best friend. Ever since Mihyun found out about Krystal and me, we both decided that we’ll go out more in public. Since Mihyun left, Krystal and I met up too often.

Luhan on the other hand is currently in his last year of medical school to be a children’s doctor. He starts his residency next school year. It fits his image very well so I wasn’t surprised that this is the path that he wanted to take. I haven’t been able to talk to Luhan as comfortable as I used to. Whenever we do talk, it just seems like Luhan either wanted something from me or I wanted updates on Mihyun.

Who I haven’t been able to get updates on. The only thing I currently know is that Mihyun is in Canada and that’s it. I don’t even know what she’s studying and how she’s doing. I don’t even know what city she’s in. Mihyun is like a mystery to me.

Right now, I’m currently studying for my test tomorrow. I’m taking break because five hours of nothing but math problems hurts my brain. I looked through my social media accounts and noticed that everyone was just posting about the stress that they were in.

While scrolling, my phone got out of its screen and showed the picture I have for Luhan. I answered his called.

“Hello?” I waited for a reply from Luhan. It was quiet on his side with a few rustling. I’m predicting that he’s walking around the hospital that he’s currently in. He explained to me that if he wanted to be a good doctor, he needs to observe on their work. So on his free time, he’s busy taking notes at the hospital that he doesn’t even have time to get food.

“Sehun, I need you to do me a favor,” of course he does, that would be the only reason why he calls.

Luhan usually ask for like a drink or some lunch. He has other friends too but they’re all currently being busy bodies with their jobs or medical school as well. He usually comes to me after his friends. I feel bad that he does that to me but after what I did to Mihyun, he has every right not to talk to me. I’m glad that he is though.

“When you’re not busy, can you get some food? I don’t know what just surprise me,” I know that I have the choice to refuse to do his commands but I was like a little brother to him. I’m just being a good person for Luhan.

“Sure, just let me get through studying. I’ll take a break in ten minutes and I’ll be there in thirty minutes,” I said while I still stared at the book in front of me.

“Okay, study hard,” with that, Luhan hung up the phone without even saying goodbye.

I scrolled back through my accounts and noticed that Mihyun posted something.

It seems like Mihyun hasn’t even touched her accounts ever since she left to Canada. Maybe it’s because internet there is not good or she just doesn’t want to use it. She posted a picture of the scenery in front of her. It seemed to be like a sunset. The sky was dark while the orange and pink radiated which made the picture seemed beautiful. In the caption, she wrote:

It’s been four years since I’ve last seen my friends and family back home. Looking at the sunset reminds me of the hill that I always sit on whenever I’m stressed. I miss you Korea. I’ll be back home soon

I wasn’t able to read any of it. I can only recognize the word Korea. I saw that she also had many likes on that one post. I clicked to see who did but I couldn’t read any of the names considering that they were in English. Comments were also in English, none of them was written in Korean.

Getting up to get Luhan’s lunch, I decided that I’ll just buy him a sandwich. When I arrived at the hospital, the nurses remembered me and told me that Luhan should be in the children’s care room. I walked in to see Luhan looking over papers.

“Luhan, I hope you’re okay with a sandwich,” I passed him his sandwich. I looked over his papers to see a patient’s record.

“Thanks Sehun, you can go if you’re done,” Luhan shooed me away. As I was about to leave, I turned around to ask Luhan about Mina.

“Have you talked to Mina lately?” I asked him. I know that Mina got very close to not only Luhan, but his friends as well. Luhan looked up to me and raised an eyebrow.

“Due to work, I haven’t been able to talk to her as often. The last time I talked to her was one or two months ago. Why?”

“I just wanted to see how she was doing,” I answered Luhan. “I’m done so I’ll get going to home to study some more,” I waved Luhan bye and left the office.

As I got out of the hospital, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I received a text message.

If you’re not busy, let’s go on a date!

~Krystal ^^

I slid it open to let it go to my message inbox instantly. I looked at the very bottom and saw the message conversation with Mina. Our last text to each other was sent from Mina.

I love you~

I sighed. I brushed it off and texted Krystal that I’ll meet up with her in a bit

==========================================================================

Okay so I know it's been seven months since I last updated and I promised that I would update as soon as I get out of school which I have been for already a month (almost two). So in order for not fulfilling my promise, I spent the time to write two chapters for all of my current ongoing story (so like 8 chapters). 

So I wrote the notice a little while ago but I've been finished with school for almost two months now and I haven't even written a chapter until like 3-4 days ago. I have absolutely no excuse as to why I haven't updated. I've been with my bro for a while but I was mostly at home with nothing to do which was a great opportunity to update my stories. Then the Kris issue happened and it's still isn't solved but that still doesn't give me an excuse. 

So I'll just say that I'm sorry for letting my subscribers down and waiting for a while. My stories aren't the best and I'm honestly surprised whenever people comment stuff like "I love your story" "You're such a great author" and stuff like that. I feel like I'm not the best story writer and I'm sorry for that. 

So I'll make a promise that I will keep. I promise that I'll update somewhere next week or early August. Then when August rolls around, I promise I will make at least 3 updates (I said at least so there could be more) during August. While in September, I will start school so I can't say that I'll update 3 times but I will promise that you'll get at least two updates each month while I'm at school. 

I swear, on EXO's life, that I will keep up to those promises!

So until next time, annyeong~