chapter IV; A Bun in the Oven

9Months

Author’s Note: Hello, it’s been almost FOUR years since I last updated this story! (And every other story I posted huhuhu). A LOT of things have changed during my absence. One is the fact that Asianfanfics is dominated with BAP and EXO fanfics (who the hell are they?). I’m in my second year of college now, studying English Literature so my writing style might have improved. I would re-type all my stories again (I re-read them and there are so many mistakes!) but there’s some sort of sentimental value on how I use to write. Also, I’m too damn lazy to do it, hehe.

Short chapter, but I will update as soon as this is posted (she says as she procrastinates for another three and a half years. Just kidding.)

 

Chapter IV; A Bun in the Oven

 

xxx

 

 

mixed emotions.

 

 

 

“Another positive!”

 

I took the test for the third and final time just to be sure.

 

Honestly, I didn’t know how to feel. A large wave of emotions engulfed me, very conflicted emotions to be precise. One side of me was filled with joy and excitement. Growing inside me was Jaejoong’s child, OUR child. It felt like a wonderful blessing as I was able to bring out new life to the world.

Yet, my selfish side reared out its ugly head.

We never planned to have children so early. Instead of taking care of myself, I have to give my full attention to another person.

I began thinking about the changes in my body. Would I be able to lose the baby weight after? Are the stretch marks ever going to disappear?

Then, fear began taking over my mind. What if something bad happens to the baby whilst still inside me? What if I’m not a good mother?

Heurin wrapped her arms around me and squealed in joy. “I’m so happy for you!”

 

Suddenly, all the negative feelings disappeared. I had a sudden determination to protect this baby and make sure it remains healthy. I embraced Heurin back and giggled along with her. “I’m going to be a mother!” I exclaimed, with tears of joy forming in my eyes.

 

 

xxx

 

 

the announcement.

 

 

            I held Jaejoong’s hand and squeezed it tightly. We were in the main living room, with my father, Hyun Joong and the rest, all but Jaejoong and I sat on the sofa. I swallowed the lump on my throat as I began preparing how to announce my pregnancy. The flashback of me telling Jaejoong that he was going to be a father replayed in my mind and my lips couldn’t help but form a smile.

 

“Jae... You’re going to be a daddy.”

I closed my eyes shut, nervous at my husband’s reaction. After a few seconds of silence, I opened them to find Jaejoong with a goofy smile on his face.

“I’m going to be a father?” He said as his smile widened.

I nodded with more happy tears streaming from my eyes. “Yes!”

Then, he engulfed me in his arms and tightly embraced me.

 

“We have an announcement for you guys.” Jaejoong started as soon as he noticed my silence.

He squeezed my hand in reassurance. “Mr. Kim,” He looked at my father with a smile then looked down on me as if telling me it was my cue to speak.

I glanced at everyone in the room, from my father, to Hyun Joong, to Heurin, to Seung Hyun and to Yoochun. With a beaming outburst, I exclaimed: “I’m pregnant!”

 

Then the rest of the night involved joy, tears, embraces and congratulations.

 

I felt truly happy and blessed for our baby as he or she would be born in a world filled with wonderful people surrounding him or her.