chapter III; positive

9Months

 

chapter III; positive

 

xxx

 

the new home.

 

 

 

 

 

“SURPRISE!!!” Heurin chanted after Hyun Joong removed his large hands off of my eyes. “Welcome to your new home, Mr. And Mrs. Kim!”

 

I was absolutely mesmerized by the beautiful cosy-looking abode that stood in front of me. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing... Mine and Jaejoong’s new home... Our new home... I blinked once, rubbed my eyes, and then blinked another couple of times.

“How do you like our new home, babe?” Jaejoong, who had been holding onto my hand since we stepped out of the car said softly to my ear.

 

The house looked more like a Spanish holiday villa than the traditional Korean format. It was a detached building with mainly green grass surrounding around it and plants were laid out from here to there which made the whole are look more tropical. Almost the entire walls were painted a light shade of tan and there were balconies on almost every side of the house which had glass doors.

It was so beautiful...

 

“I love it...” I could barely speak up due to the fact I was still spell-binded by the building.

“You could’ve seen it before the wedding,” HyunJoong spoke. I could tell by the cheery grin on his face that he knew what was on my mind. “But the building time was delayed so they only managed to finish everything two days ago.”

“Hey!” Heurin exclaimed in her usual bubbly tone. She grabbed unto my free arm and began dragging me to our new home. “Why don’t we all just go inside so we can take these lovely couple on a tour!”

Seung Hyun immediately stopped the girl and said, “Let Mrs. Kim drool over the outside first. We’re not in a rush!”

It was as if Seung Hyun read my mind. I didn’t want to go inside just yet! I wanted to picture every single detail... Call me a freak but when you’re stood right outside the house you’ve dreamt of owning your entire life, you’d want to capture every little detail of it.

“But I’m sure _____ would like to see her father, no?” This time, Jaejoong spoke up.

 

I immediately snapped out of my daze and instantaneously made my way to the house, dragging Jaejoong along with me.

It felt like it had been forever since I last saw daddy! Oh, I felt so happy! I couldn’t wait to tell him about Paris, except of course what Jaejoong and I did at night, haha.

I skipped up the stairs and ran towards the large mahogany double doors, which I presumed was the front door of the house. I touched the shiny gold door handle but what I didn’t expect was for it to open and have my father appear behind it.

 

“Someone seems excited to see me!”

“Daddy!”

 

I let go of Jaejoong’s hand and in a flash, I leaped into my father’s open arms. I embraced him tightly, as if I were the same little girl years ago who missed her daddy after him coming back from a month-long business trip. I felt his hand my hair as I whispered, “I miss you so much!”

He gently pulled me off of him with my shoulders and eyed back at Jaejoong. “I’m glad that you took very good care of my little girl.” He told him with a humble tone. “And I am hoping you’ll continue to do so. Thank you, Kim Jaejoong.”

I turned back to Jaejoong and draped my arms around his left one. On the rocky steps behind us, I heard footsteps which I presumed where Heurin, Hyun Joong and Seung Hyun’s.

“You’re very welcome, sir.” Jaejoong replied calmly, though I did feel him flinch a little by father’s gratitude. “I promise to take care of your little girl until my dying breath.”

“Hey, hey!” Hyun Joong called out from behind us. He placed both his hands on both Jaejoong and mine’s shoulders and said “No time for cheesy moments, we gotta show you around your new home!”

“Oh, finally!” Heurin peeped. “I’ve been dying to see what’s inside!”

“But you’ve already seen it!” Seung Hyun retorted at the eccentric girl as the six of us walked through the grand doors.

“Oh, but it’s more exciting with _____ around!”

 

Father led us to a ridiculously large hallway decorated with many paintings from unfamiliar artists and elegant vases. The floor was entirely made of beige marble and the walls were painted white.

“I wonder where they’re leading us to...” I uttered to Jaejoong who was busy analysing every painting we walked past.

“Just be patient, little girl.” Hyun Joong, who was walking next to father, answered instead for my husband.

 

xxx

 

the last room at the end of the hallway to the left.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, I have one final room to show you!”

 

Eventually, my brother, father and Seung Hyun abandoned us in the middle of the tour once we reached the small bar room by the dining area on the first floor. (For a drink or something, I guess.) We were left with Heurin to show us around, who seemed more excited about looking around the house more than Jaejoong and I.

In front of us was the white door of the room we had yet to explore. It was the last room at the end of the hallway to the left.

The girl took her time with opening the door, which got me anticipated even more than I already was. “Get ready!” She exclaimed, making a drum roll-like noise.

The door opened... But to my surprise, it was empty.

I tugged Jaejoong’s hand and gave him a look. “There’s nothing in here...”

“You’re not happy with this room?” Heurin cried out. “I thought you said she’ll like this room, Jaejoong!”

“She will,” Jaejoong answered in his usual soft voice. “_____ just hasn’t seemed to figure out what the purpose of this room is.”

Before I could say anything, I felt my stomach churn and a bitter thick substance began rapidly crawling up of my throat. I shivered at the feeling and instantly shot my palms up to my mouth. “Not again!” I yelped before running to the nearest bathroom.

“_____? Are you okay?” I heard Jaejoong call out though I didn’t bother to reply because if I did, the vomit would leak out.

I quickly turned the gold handle, opened the door, and ran to the toilet. Before I could even kneel down, the lumpy contents from my stomach ejected from my mouth, stinging my throat and making me taste the disgusting bitter flavour. I felt a hand rest on my back and gently began patting it as I continued to barf.

“This is the second time that happened today...” I heard Jaejoong speak in a concerned tone. “I wonder if she ate something bad on the plane.”

“Hmm... Or maybe...” This time, I heard Heurin’s voice.

Then, I loud gasp escaped from her lips. Then a child-like giggle.

“What’s up?” Jaejoong questioned the seemingly excited girl.

He paused for a couple of seconds, and then I felt the patting on my back stop. “You don’t mean...”

 

“_____’s pregnant! Finally! I vote myself to be the godmother!”

 

xxx

 

 

 

 

 

the test.

 

“How do you work this thing?! Are you supposed to shove it in or something?”

I stared at the girl blankly. “No, Heurin... You’re supposed to dip it in urine.” I corrected, taking the pregnancy test kit of the box.

Straight after puking, Heurin forced Jaejoong to buy a pregnancy kit from the nearest pharmacy, despite being extremely reluctant to do so. So far, only Heurin, Jaejoong and I knew about my whole vomiting fiasco.

What if I’m actually pregnant?I thought to myself. I didn’t know if I was even ready to conceive a child. I was still twenty-one years old... Having a baby would of course make me feel delighted but I didn’t know if Jaejoong was ready.

“Really?” Heurin gasped in surprise, which made me wonder if she was being sarcastic or not. “But, how does pee even confirm you’re pregnant? That’s so strange!”

 

I took out the folded instruction sheet and read out loud; “Collect the urine specimen in a plastic or glass container. Remove the test trip from its pouch and carefully dip the specimen.”

I followed the instructions (with Heurin looking away when I was completing the first step, otherwise I would’ve felt awkward) then continued reading; “Holding the strip vertically, carefully dip it into specimen, making sure you do not immerse the strip past the maximum line.”

“Oh, man!” The girl with me yelped. “This is so gross.”

“Do you want to know if you’re going to be a godmother or not?” I questioned her, giving her a look. “I’ll hold the ‘specimen’ and you hold the stick. Make sure you don’t dip it too deep!”

“How long do I have to hold this?” Heurin asked, removing the test strip off of my hold.

“Hmm, let’s see...” I replied and looked down at the instructions again. “About three to five minutes. Are you ready?”

“Oh! I was born ready!” She exclaimed joyfully. “I am so excited!”

 

I held the container with both of my hands as Heurin carefully dipped the strip on the liquid. We stayed in the same position for three minutes until she realised a sudden change with the middle section of the strip. “Hey, I think we’re done!” She spoke in a bubbly tone.

She lifted the strip off of the liquid and carefully examined the result. She glanced at me with a curious look. “What do two purple lines mean?”

I instantaneously looked through the sheet and read out; “No purple lines mean an invalid result. One line means negative and two means...”

“’Two means’?!” Heurin questioned, though she perfect knew well what the last word of the sentence was.

 

“Positive.”

-

-

-

the house (front), the house again (side) & the bathroom