chapter I; marriage and aftermath

9Months

 

chapter I; marriage and aftermath

 

x x x

 

the wedding.

 

 

 

 

 

“She's here!”

“Oh! The bride is coming!”

“I guarantee you that she looks beautiful.”

 

Finally...

 

Here I am, standing behind the arched-shaped mahogany doors with my father right beside me.

“I can't believe I'm letting my little princess go...” He whispered in my ear and I could've sworn I saw a tear drop fell from his eye. “You're mother would've been so happy.”

 

My wedding... MY wedding...

I never knew the day would come so...fast. It's everything I dreamt of my whole life; the perfect church, the perfect dress and the perfect man. I smiled at the thought of Jaejoong. My Jaejoong. He finally plucked up the courage to go down to his knees and ask to me to be his woman for the rest of his life after a year and a half of dating.

I love Kim Jaejoong with all my heart and I'm proud to say that I'll be known as his wife in just a couple of minutes. He's absolutely perfect... I couldn't ask for a better man. But he has this one small flaw that always bothers me.

Ah... If only mother was here to see me. She would've been so happy...

 

“Are you ready?” Father gave me a warm smile which I returned with a nervous look.

“Daddy... I'm nervous...” I whispered to him, tightening my hold on his forearm.

 

A melody which was played from the church organ was heard from the other side of the doors, signalling that it was my cue. The thought of those people waiting to see me... It just...scared me alot. 

“Don't worry, princess.” He gave me a reassuring my smile and gently locked his arm around mine just as the doors opened. "Daddy will always be here..."

Everyone looked at the pair of us in awe. I glanced up on the other side of the hall to see my brother, Hyun Joong, with a beaming smile, standing next to the love of my life.

Slowly, we made our way down the aisle. No words could describe how nervous I was feeling, but I knew that in a couple of minutes, I would officially be known as 'Mrs. Kim Jaejoong'. 

Each step eventually made my bashful feelings dissapear, and before I knew, I was already at the end of the aisle. Father handed me to Jaejoong, but not before giving me a small peck on the forehead. I looked at him with teary eyes and mouthed 'I love you' before turning to Jaejoong and giving him a soft smile. Never have I seen anyone so God-like, even though he only wore the simple traditional wedding tux. His dark razor cut hair was remained untouched, but I noticed that all of his piercings were removed.

He leaned to my ear and whispered 'You look beautiful' before the two of us stepped forward to the pulpit.

“Before we start the wedding,” The priest cleared his throat. “Does anyone object?”

 

"..."

The guests remained silent for a few seconds.

 

“We shall proceed.” The priest glanced at Jaejoong and I as he pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to unite these two people in holy matrimony. Marriage joins two hands and one heart. Two souls with but a single thought and two hearts that beat as one.” The priest eyed Jaejoong. “Mr. Kim, if you have anything to say to your bride, please.”

 

He turned and gazed at me with sincere eyes. Something he always does to remind me how I fell in love with him in the first place. He gently spoke my name. "These past two years with you have filled me with nothing but happiness. On this day I will marry, not only the love of my life, but my friend. My best friend to be precise. The one who shares my dreams, life and love. As our love unites us, may my family become your family, my friends become your friends. You were the one that picked up the remaining pieces of my once broken heart, and I'm grateful for that. No words could describe how much I deeply adore you. I'll even take a bullet for you, to prove my love. I love you, and I hope you love me just as much.”

 

I couldn't help but blush by his affectionate words. I turned to the guests and I could tell that most of the women were on the verge of tearing up.

I realised it was my turn when the priest called, "Miss Kim, if you have anything to say to your groom.”

I fixed my eyes at Jaejoong through my veil and began my prepared words. “Kim Jaejoong... You do not know how much you mean to me. I have so many loving things to say about you that it would probably take a million years for me to say it all. You've been my knight-in-shining armour since the first time I met you eleven years ago, and will forever be for the rest of my life. I fear that one day, there would complicated obstacles up ahead that would be strong enough to separate us, but we will fight for this love. I love you.”

 

I smiled warmly once again at Jaejoong to which he returned back.

 

“The rings,” The priest spoke and the ring bearer immediately stepped up in front of us and held out the rings.

“Mr. Kim, please repeat after me. I, Kim Jaejoong,”

Jaejoong held my hand and smiled. “I, Kim Jaejoong.”

Take you...”

He squeezed my hand a little then repeated after the priest.

To be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward,”

“To be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward,”

For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,”

“For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,” From the look of his eyes, I could tell he was growing impatient.

To love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

To love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

 

He took the ring from the cushion and gently placed it through my ring finger.

 

Miss Kim, please repeat after me. I,” 

I held Jaejoong's hand and repeated after the priest.

Take you, Kim Jaejoong”

“Take you, Kim Jaejoong”

To be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward,”

“To be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward,”

For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,”

“For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,” 

To love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

To love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

 

Do you, Kim Jaejoong, take..."

Jaejoong flashed a smile.

"...to be your lawful wedded wife?”

That's what I'm here for right?” Jaejoong replied with an isn't-it-obvious? tone.

The crowd gasped at Jaejoong's untraditional answer.

He gave me an amused grin then answered, “I do.”

 

The priest then cleared his throat for the second time. “Do you,"

I smiled at Jaejoong.

"...take Kim Jaejoong to be your lawful wedded husband?”

I remained silent for the next five seconds, looking back and forth to the crowd and Jaejoong.

 

I do.”

 

You may now kiss the bride.”

 

He instantly flipped the veil over my head and pulled me in for a kiss.

 

Finally...

 

 

x x x

 

the reception.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, you know me and I know you because I'm you, daughter of rich and powerful business man Kim Dae Hyun and sister of Kim Hyun Joong from some gang my newly-wedded husband runs.

That was Jaejoong's only flaw. The gang.

 

It wasn't a drug dealing gang, it was... Come to think of it, I don't actually know what they do. All I know is that my brother and my childhood friends, Choi Seung Hyun and Park Yoochun, are part of it. They come home late from their little 'gang meeting' exhausted or, occasionally wounded, which worries me alot.

 

 

“One more picture of the newly-wedded couple!” The photographer exclaimed, holding out his camera.

 

Flash!

 

That must've been what, the hundredth photo he took of us? Jaejoong s his arms around my waist as we headed to the table were Hyun Joong and Seung Hyun were.

“Ah! There's the two love-birds!” Seung Hyun got up from his seat and pulled me in a hug whilst Hyun Joong patted Jaejoong on the shoulder.

“Take good care of my sister, if you don't, I'll murder you.” Hyun Joong jokingly threatened Jaejoong like any older brother would.

“Where's Yoochun?” I asked the two of them after pulling away from Seung Hyun, seeing as the three were inseparable.

“Never mind him now,” Hyun Joong pulled a face. “Now come here! You haven't given me a hug yet!”

I giggled as I pulled him into a sibling-love hug. “You happy now?”

"Nope." Hyun Joong shook his head. "Give me some sugar."

He turned his head to the side so his cheek was facing my face and I responded to his commands by giving him a small peck.

 

I heard my best friend, Kang Heu-rin squeal my name from the distance. She ran towards me with a beaming smile. Hyun Joong pulled away from the hug and looked back to Heu-rin.

“Heu-rin!” I exclaimed and was almost pushed back by the girl's suffocating bear hug.

“I am so so so happy for you!” She cried in joy. “I've never cried so much in my life! You look so beautiful!” Heu-rin pulled away and held both of my hands.

“Thanks! If it wasn't for your constant bickering and your persuasion to... you know who,”

“I'm right here.” Jaejoong mumbled, giving me a fake glare. I stuck my tongue out to him in reply.

"I would still be anticipating for a marriage proposal." I continued with a giggle.

 

“May I have everyone's attention, please!”

I glanced at the stage to find Yoochun with a microphone on hand. He spoke my name then continued: "You've been a friend of mine since kindergarten and it's kinda hard to imagine that you're already wearing a beautiful wedding dress and married to a jerk I'd like to call Kim Jaejoong.”

“You're dead, Park Yoochun.” Jaejoong muttered and shot a glare at him.

Yoochun chuckled. “Just kidding. You're a good man, Jaejoong. Shall we have the two dance for the first time as a married couple?”

The guests cheered which made me blush a little. Heu-rin let go of my hands and giggled. “Have fun while you're in Paris, okay? I'm expecting little Jaejoongs in nine months!”

 

Before I could reply back, Jaejoong gently pulled me to the middle of the dance floor.

“I miss you,” He said quietly in my ear. “Four minutes away from you is far too long for my liking.”

I giggled at his words as the music started. Jaejoong placed his both hands on my waist as I did with mine on his broad shoulders.

 

'And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'Cause I know that you feel me somehow.'

 

I leaned against his chest and smiled. “I love this song...”

 

'You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be and I don't want to go home right now...”

 

And all I can taste is this moment...” Jaejoong sang quietly, as if he were saying the words to me. “And all I can breathe is your life... 'Cause sooner or later it's over, I just don't want to miss you tonight...”

 

His singing voice is one of the million things I love about him. I looked up to him and gently gave him a passionate kiss.

 

x x x

 

the airport.

 

 

 

 

 

suitcases – check!

my handbag – check!

plane tickets – check!

passport - check!

 

“We'll see you in two weeks, bye dad.”

 

It was finally our honeymoon and we were about to take to our destination: my favourite city in the world; Paris.

Jaejoong pushed the luggage trolley as we made our way inside the airport.

 

“Remember! Little Joongies!” Heu-rin, who tagged along with father and Hyun Joong, yelled just as we walked past the 'passengers and staff only' line.

I blushed a little when Jaejoong looked at me. “What was that about?”

“N-nothing! Let's go!” I shrugged then quickly walked to the security check.

“Ha, I think I know what she meant. Don't worry, baby. Just wait until we get to our hotel room.” He chuckled with a teasing wink.

 

 

“Hey, Kim Jaejoong! Zip it!”

 

x x x

 

the honeymoon.

 

 

 

 

“This is beautiful! We have the view of the Eiffel tower and everything!”

We arrived in Paris at exactly 10:15 PM and we're finally in our hotel room. The hotel itself is fancy and it turns out Jaejoong booked the most expensive suite.

“I'm so tired, let's go get some shut eye and we'll start sight-seeing tomorrow!” I walked up the rose petal-covered bed and sat down on it.

I shifted my eyes to the bedside table and grinned at what was on it. "Oh, look at this! A Perrier-Jouet champagne." I continued, examining the bottle.

 

"I'm not tired...” Jaejoong spoke in a tone I couldn't understand.

Was he being stubborn... or seductive?

 

“Well, I am. Goodnight, Jae.”

 

“It's our honeymoon.”

“Yes. That explains why we're in Paris.” I replied whilst removing my jacket off.

“Do you now what people do on their honeymoon?” Jaejoong also removed his jacket... and shirt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No. No. No.

I can easily fish out what's inside Jaejoong's mind.

 

I stood up and walked to my suitcase to get my night gown, completely ignoring Jaejoong. “I don't know Jaejoong. What do people do on their honeymoon?”

“Come on, baby. You know what I'm talking about.”

 

“No, Joongie. I do not know what you are talking about.”

 

He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Yes, you do... Please... You're twenty-one. That two years pass the age of consent. I'm not forcing you to... We don't have to if you don't want to. But you know you can resist me, baby.”

 

Sigh. When it comes to talks like this, Jaejoong always wins. What is it about him that makes him so irresistible?

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled him towards me for a kiss. “Maybe...” I mumbled in between the kisses.

“May I take that as a yes?” Jaejoong replied with smirk.

I giggled back in response and the rest was history.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We made love that night.

And we were probably going to recieve some complaints about the noises coming from our suite the following morning.