Chapter 8

When you're 15

Friday afternoon. 2 days to prom


I think my whole life is a consiparcy plotted against me, the most innocent and most powerful but most oblivious as well. Or maybe you can cancel that most oblivious bit.

Supposedly, I can stay home because who bothers to go to school on the last day? Sure, Bunbun asked me to go, but I lied to her saying that Kris painted my nails while I was taking a nap, and because I was too lazy to remove it, so I'm not going. That whole thing isn't a lie, my nails are painted, but not by Kris. I was experimenting the colours.

And mom asked me to housework because I'm not going to school. I already did everything just now. If she comes back unsatisfied I have no comment on that.

And I finally understand why my rings are all missing. You know the stupid moment when you buy a ring, and it only fits your last two fingers? Either it'll be really loose on your pinky, or freaking tight on your ring finger. There's no between, and that goes for every one of my rings. I already lost a Hello Kitty one (and I'm still sobbing over it) and just now while I was folding the clothes, my skeleton hand one flew out of my finger. I have no idea where did it fly to. I'm sticking to the 'nothing is lost if mom can't find it' and 'everything appears when you don't need it' logic for now. I'm never going to buy another ring again, unless it's really pretty and all.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I need another nap. Headache is creeping up on me.


Friday night.


If I don't get any sleep tonight, I fully put the blame on Oh Sehun. And Kris.

So the story goes like this. I was peacefully napping, when a certain dragon dragged me out of bed and out of the house as well (I weigh alot okay). He shoved the me who was half asleep into the passenger seat and started driving to Oh Sehun's place. Did I mention Kris not having any licence yet?

And so, by the time I was fully awake, Kris was violently shaking Sehun at the backseat with one hand, trying to strangle him because he couldn't function the GPS, and the other hand was trying to keep the car from knocking into other solids. I quickly snatched the GPS from Sehun's hands, asking Kris where the hell did he want to go and we went to the biggest mall safety without any bumps or bruises or cuts anywhere.

After parking the car sucessfully, I was dragged into store after store after store to find their prom clothes. Mom was so going to kill us until Kris told me that it was her idea for the two of them to kidnap me and take them shopping. He had mom's card so it was okay. There was only this amount of money in that card, so the budget was still controlled.

We then went into this shop whereby they sold formal wear, like evening dresses and stuff. So Kris tried on some jackets as well as Sehun, while I looked through the white shirts for something special that fits their own personal style for them.

Once again, my taste is awesome and it does not disappoint. Judging on the look on that sales lady that couldn't keep closed when both of them walked out of the changing room, I actually have really hot people around me.

We bought two jackets and two white shirts. The lady threw in a special discount that probably is going to get cut from her paycheck later on, but the wink that Kris gave her probably paid up for it. I could feel that lady burning holes into my back when the both slung their hands over my shoulders. As if I'm not short enough already.

We then went into this vintage accessory shop that Kris wanted to enter. Sehun and I stood outside while he fanboyed at everything and gave me puppy eyes so that I would agree to his wants. Once again, permission denied and we pulled him out to get something that he would actually use and wear in the future.

Sehun got a cheap black braclet which looked really cool. It only costed 5 bucks, but you can't tell. Kris got a necklace I picked for him, and he was pretty unhappy about it "Because its plain." he said. I told him to wear it and walk a round around the place and he would have bees following him. We both laughed when he really went around the floor. He did have some bees following him, but then he hugged me a little too closely, and I could see all the moe flowers dropping to the floor and being stepped all over.

Why do you guys keep mistaking me for their girlfriends?

Which reminded me. I asked Sehun why wasn't he shopping with Hyuna but with me. He said that she said she was tired, and just told him to get something to wear. There wasn't any specific colour that she wanted, and since Hyoyeon had to go to her part time, I was the only one available. So much for being social. Also he said that Hyoyeon was going to the prom too, and I had to go over to their place to help the both of them prepare. Kris was obviously going to tag along tomorrow. Sheesh.

And. After going a whole round on every floor, we stopped at San Fran coffee that was about to close. But no, we trolled them and ordered coffee, sat there and drank it for about half an hour. The lady got frustrated and asked us to move away. We did sit on another bench and talk about how stupid the prom actually was. Turns out the both of them are going because their girlfriends wanted them too.

Ohh. Kris' date is Krystal apparently. What happened to Victoria unnie? I wonder if Chanyeol is going.....

So after we finished our coffee we were totally on high. We drove back to our place, since Sehun was also on high and Hyoyeon was totally gonna kick his , he texted her to say that he was gonna sleep over at our place. Hyoyeon was more than happy to have the whole place to herself according to the reply the gave in her text. Mom flipped a few tables, but Kris convinced her and she went all chill and was happy to know our friend(?)

So I'm sitting in my room, trying to get some sleep because my mind is all beaten while my body goes like OMG NO YOU GOTTA STAY AWAKE. And Kris and Sehun are being too quiet in their room. I'mma sneak over. Reporting tomorrow.