Chasing Seven

The Grand Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Ryeowook’s Pov)
 

Scratching my head, I remained frustrated as I stare with a headache towards Kyuhyun’s puzzle again.

“What does this mean?” I asked myself for hundreds of times now. I am sitting here exasperated with the letter lying on my table, untouched. I think if I have laser eyes, I already burned it with too much staring at it. I tried adding up the lines I see and match it with the number of the alphabet but it doesn’t make sense. And Kyuhyun said he won’t make me compute!

“Oppa!!” Sulli went inside my room, crying.

“Princess!” I immediately sat down at the edge of my bed and welcomed Sulli for a hug, placing the letter on my side. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“Sulli’s teeth! It’s shaking!” Sulli pointed at her certain teeth and cried even more. I chuckled at her but she sulked even more.

“Little Sulli, you will be losing a tooth. But don’t worry, because it will be replaced by a stronger tooth!” I placed her at my lap.

“Really?” She stopped crying. “Stronger?”

“Yes.” I smiled at her. “Sulli can eat better with it!” I baby talked to her.

“YAY!” She raised her arms but her attention averted to something. She easily gets distracted since she is still a kid. “Oppa, what is this?”

“Ahh… that?” Sulli picked up the letter that Kyuhyun gave me. “That’s a puzzle for oppa to solve.”

“A puzzle?” She asked. “But puzzles come with pieces!”

Oh… how can I explain to her that it’s only a letter that Kyuhyun gave me to solve?

“It looks like daddy’s big broken phone!” She waved the paper and played with it.

“Big phone? Broken?” I got interested by her words. She nodded her head.

“Big phone full of numbers!” She traced the shape of it with her finger on the bed.

“What’s that?”

“Ey! Oppa! It’s like with gray rectangle here!” She pointed at the imaginary part of her invisible drawing on my bed sheets.

“Full of numbers? Big phone?” I spoke my thoughts. “Ah! You mean calculator!”

Sulli got off of my lap and went off to somewhere without telling.

I took Kyuhyun’s letter from the bed and glanced at it endlessly, not realizing that Sulli is in front of me again until she spoke.

“Here, oppa! Big phone with numbers!” She showed me what she was talking about. And I was right. It is a calculator.

“I get it now. Thank you, princess!” I ruffled her hair. But why did she say it was broken?

I clicked the ON button on the calculator and it was really broken. I can’t see the numbers I input completely.

I smiled. It looks like Kyuhyun’s puzz—WAIT A MINUTE! IT DOES LOOK LIKE IT!

“You can’t see the answer!” I suddenly spoke the hint that Kyuhyun gave me before parting last night and the realization hit me. “Of course I can’t see it because I have to fill it up myself!”

Sulli asked me what was it but I didn’t answer her and hurried up to grab a pen or a pencil-what will be the nearest one I will reach and fill up the letter the same method as the numbers in the calculator be completed.

I remained speechless on seeing the answer. These three words mean a lot.

 

 

“Wow.” Is all I can say.  I smiled as if Kyuhyun can see me. “Clever.”

“Thank you, Sulli!”

 

 

***

 

 

“That was nice!” Eunhyuk hyung smiled, showing his gums. “This Kyuhyun is very smart! How can these ideas fit inside his brain?”

“I know.” I simply said.

“But Wookie, don’t just get tricked by these letters and let this guy be your boyfriend without knowing his personality! What if he is like the bad guys in the movies that goes and court you with his good mode on but when he gets what he wants he will show his true colors!”

“I know that, hyung. But I think he is nice.”

“He better be or Donghae and I will make him eat all of these letters he gave you once he does that.” We laughed at his statement.

“But seriously, Wookie.” Eunhyuk hyung’s tone was solemn. “I don’t like those girls and boys who just ask you to go at a certain place here at the school building and just ask you out and be their boyfriend or go out with them. Or even say they love you and you should be together. Those people . That’s why this Kyuhyun is different. Not only he gives you love letters, he actually give effort to earn you, not just to easily get you like those people I dislike. If you think you know that he is the right one, don’t let it slip!”

“Aww… my hyung is so protective!” I hugged him from appreciation and happiness. “I will remember that hyung! Thank you.”

We walked to our classrooms to start our Mondays with our first classes, bidding our ‘see you later’ as we parted.

Later that day, I went to the library again to do an advance study for my next class. I finished borrowing the book I need to read when I saw Kyuhyun with his books scattered on the table. He was sitting alone and seems like he is enjoying his own time reading. He had his glasses off with his blue hoodie lying on the table along with his things. He usually wears it or mostly his glasses and it’s rare to see him w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter