Chasing Six

The Grand Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Ryeowook’s Pov)

 

I stretched my arms and yawned. Finally my last class is now over. I can go home at last. Tonight, Eunhyuk hyung went home ahead since his last class ended this afternoon. I can’t have him wait for me this long. Additional to the lonely vibe, Kyuhyun didn’t do anything today. Not a letter, a simple “hi”, none. But I can’t expect for him to be here every day now, right? He has to focus on academics too. But according to what I’ve heard, he is already a genius. Which is nice.

I went to the library before heading out to go home. I need to finish my home works before this weekend so I don’t have to do anything anymore and just go and have fun with Sulli.

I reached the library quietly. The class I attended was the last set of classes for this day so the students went straight home now especially today, Friday. I was the only person in the library except for the librarian and the janitor. Well it’s good that there are three of us in here. The ambiance is like what there is in horror movies.

I finished my homework at 9 PM, just an hour before the school will close. The night seemed so quiet. All I can here is my own footsteps as I walked away with my things.

Another thing that brings the gloomy atmosphere. It’s raining. Sweet potatoes, I didn’t bring my umbrella! Oh well. Let’s get soaked!

Ready to get wet because of the rain as I raised my sleeves to my elbows while I reached the exit to the school building, I was shocked when I didn’t feel any raindrop to touch my skin.

“Hey, don’t just run off and plan to bathe under the rain.” I looked up and saw a black umbrella giving me shelter from the cold rain.

“Kyuhyun?” My eyes widened on seeing him tonight.

“Hello!” He grinned at me cheekily.

“What are you still doing here?”

“Umm… I was waiting for someone.” He said.

“Who?”

“You.”

My heart leaped.

“M-me?” I smiled to hide my crazy heart rate.

“Yes. I’m courting you, right?”

Oh gosh, he said it straight to my face. No one had ever said that to my face! I can feel my cheeks burning up!

Mostly of the people that like me just simply say “I like you!” or just going to say “go out with me” and some “be my boyfriend” and stuff like that. No one had ever courted me totally. That’s why Kyuhyun had a very strange effect on me.

“Umm… Yeah… I remember.” It became awkward. It’s hard to decide on what I should do with him beside me, together under the same umbrella.

We walked in silence as I lead the way to my house. I don’t even know why I didn’t insist to just go home. I don’t really want him to stay out this time of the night and arrive home late because of me. I wouldn’t know what will happen when we separate. There are many bad guys roaming around this time of the night. I don’t want to regret anything when he will be involved in an accident or anything.

“Didn’t you watch the news?” I was startled when Kyuhyun spoke.

“What?” I blankly replied.

“It said that there was a high possibility of raining tonight.”

“Oh…” Oh great Ryeowook. You just killed the conversation. “Umm… I didn’t watch it. I was distracted last night…”

“Distracted?” Kyuhyun tilted his head.

“Yeah… I have a little sister, you see. Her name is Sulli. I mostly play with her every night.”

He smiled.

“I see.”

“Oh! And she said that your blank letter was like magic.” I giggled at remembering Sulli, and my other family members’ reaction to Kyuhyun’s amazing letter.

“Really? I’m glad then…” We paused for a couple of seconds and remained silent. “You showed it to your family?”

I blushed at those words. Not sure what to answer. If I say yes, he will think that I’m being proud of this beautiful letter (well I am proud actually. It was so amazing and it was made for me), if I say no, I might upset him. Not actually “MIGHT” but he will be upset.

“Yes. When I was reading the letters sent to my locker during my free time at home, my hyung saw your letter and said it was effortless when we saw it blank. He thought you were only playing with me and stuff.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter