YoonTae - " A New World" part 1

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

I felt a harmless trickle down my arms but it was enough to wake me up, staring down I saw the harsh dark marks playing with my nail beds. Dirt collecting for no reason, but how could it be, I have not seen dirt nor ground in ten years. I stood up feeling the prickling of needles across my back, the excruciating pain of screws twisting through the soles of my feet. Each step I took, I could not look back in fear of my sore neck snapping at once, I had to fight on without even a single tear. The abnormally white floors played with my eyes, my feet not understanding why this cool surface was attacking me.

 

    The door swung open for me as it usually does, stepping closer to my destination I felt my body alert me to stop. My calves tensed, my quads begging me not to move forward. My mind was curious but my heart pulled me back, my pain seemed to come in all at once. Gosh darn this stupid human body, I casted away my heart as I stood in front of the holographic panel, sliding to the left to turn it back into a mirror.

 

Blood.

 

That was all I saw besides the large gash ripped across my forehead, what struck me was the lack of pain in that region. Somehow my mind turned the pain into curiosity pulling me deeper into the growing picture of myself. The dirt that my fingernails were caked in, was only but the rusty brown color of my own blood, not my mere fantasy of the ground. The Earth was only a figment of my imagination, not even a single whisper of it should make it past my childhood and how can I bring it back to there? The world is full of a great green musk over it's biome not allowing any living organism. So, what makes me believe I was there?

 

My hand hovered over the panel against the holographic monitor pushing the flashing red button, as a monotonous voice answered my prayer for sanity.

 

"Yes Ms. Kim? Who may I connect you with?" The voice called out with an image of a woman which I knew to be just a fake representation of the robot controlling the communication system.

 

"Infirmary," I replied flatly knowing my video camera was on. The person should know I am bleeding, right?

 

"Ok ma'am," the voice repeated once more ending in a beep and the woman disappeared. The long drawn out ringing of the line only meant no one was in office, I groaned smacking the sink in front of me as a barrage of fists hit my door.

 

"TAEYEON!!" A voice I haven't heard very often called out. I shuffled my way to the door to see a tall woman ready to pound once more, she didn't seem shocked to see me and pulled me into her arms. My body was laid onto a stretcher conformed to my body. It floated carelessly through the hallways and down the hall. How did she even know I was in this much trouble?

 

"I know what you are thinking... Lieutenant General Kim, I am Doctor Im and I take no chances with my patients. No matter what, I will try my best as to check up on you than answering a stupid call that could waste precious seconds of your life," the woman aggressively pushed me through the infirmary door without a scratch. Her eyes were pressed straight ahead, no intention of manipulation or murder evident in which all the officers said about this woman. Everyone says she killed Major General Jung's little sister yet I have no reason to judge. Especially if all she cared about at this moment was to save me from sure death that to me seemed to be so foreign. Even with this large gash in my forehead.

 

Flashes of white spread across my line of vision, wipes of sweat and various faces I have yet to see on this ship. Tired of my position I turned my head to the side seeing something I hadn't expected, the doctor supposedly operating sat upon a chair with a hand on her chin. She was quite focused yet distraught, am I going crazy and she is in two places? A smile ripped across her face as she stood up putting a hand to my forehead, she bent forward setting her hot breath loose on my skin letting her gentle words spew out of her lovely mouth.

 

"Don't be nervous lieutenant-general," she whispered ever so slightly into the depths of brain, it reverberated over and over as my confusion increased. Her hands continued to rub up and down my arms as her hand grasped mine. Wait, this is brain surgery.

 

Slowly the room filled with white, not because of the lab coats but the pouring in of the sun. We have changed courses through the sky specifically to acquire daylight. The sun always made me feel warm, well it should but in a deeper meaning. Emotionally it kept me warm thinking about the times as a little girl when we inhabited earth, when I woke up early to stare out the window sill and listen to the birds calling out my name. It was something I wished to hear again, want my future children to experience but we all just ed it up. There is no earth anymore. Just a hovering rock laying over it's existence.

 

I tried lifting my head feeling the pain finally hit me, no more being drawn out from the truth. Soft steps approached as the monitor's beeps began to become more frequent and louder with each step. I was nervous, I was dissatisfied with the lack of effort of my own doctor but she seemed to be completely sane. Sane if you consider letting your nurses do your own job.

 

She approached with a mask covering her unsavory lips but it's fabric moved as her incoherent words unveiled themselves through it's lining, “Don’t be nervous lieutenant.”

 

Those words, she is saying them again. Those simple four words but why am I not comfortable even if she is only trying to calm me down, there is no wrong in her.

 

“You were thrashing a lot during surgery despite you being out cold,” the doctor dropped her mask bearing a small smile across her pristine face, “once again, I am doctor Im Yoona and it was a pleasure assisting you lieutenant-general.”

 

"I-I-I was... I was awake and you were watching the surgery," even with all my courage I was unable to hold in my words. I didn't want to be rude and tell her off, or worse get my head cut off by the notorious evil doctor.

 

"Really? I'm sure it was me and you were very much unconscious but you seemed to want to reject everything. I had to tell you not to be nervous, it was quite hard keeping such a shaking head still," her voice didn't give off a slight hint of being untrue. I watched as she walked around the room at the medication that had been set out for me until i watched her syringe pop a bottle and slowly make it to my IV bag. I backed up quickly expecting my arm to be quickly filled with the medication but to my surprise I couldn't even find the line to my arm. I looked back to her seeing a smile on my face but the cool sensation of medication enter my body. Is she really going to finish me off now?

 

“Lieutenant-General, I know the rumors about me and all but please don't be nervous around me, also have you been assessed in our clinic before? You seem a bit confused,” she sat at a chair beside me, her features were soft and understanding confusing me with my own reasoning to believe she is a killer.

 

“You still don't want to talk? Should I tell you the truth about airman Jung?” Her head lowered as she put my patient board to the side allowing the screen to turn dark for privacy.

 

“I was in love with her,” her words cut through my ears because I have known Jessica all my life and her sister was baggage along with her. This doctor was probably obsessed with my little sister, obsessed enough to go to all lengths to have her.

 

“I met baby Jung when I was going through medical school and she would never stop bugging me. That silly girl would find me each day she knew I had a test just to wish me luck and give me the same present,” her soft smile saddened as her head dropped towards her lap, “As you know she was one of the first on the list to join this ship because of her sister aboard, she hurriedly asked the deputy on my graduation day if I were to be transferred as well. To me it was a miracle how much the leadership listened to such a small and low ranked girl, she was a gem and that was all I knew.”

 

The doctor started to visibly shake wiping the tears I could see falling onto her lab coat, “As we boarded the ship, I was notably assigned as a fourth of the ship’s doctor. Shocking enough I was the head doctor meaning that I had to take care of the highest in command along with their families which felt like such a weight on my shoulders.”

 

“And that meant Krystal was your patient,” I whispered lightly acquiring a slight nod of the head from the quiet doctor.

 

“She came into the room one day with the brightest smile confessing her feelings for me all along which didn't surprise me all too much if I do say so myself,” I watched her hands fiddle around with her nails, “the thing is it wasn't the only thing she was to confess but the bright girl was sick. So sick that it was originally only between her and her previous doctor. They had been trying for so long to find a cure together but it just wasn't possible, she told me that he advised her to find love and continue to live life to the fullest. Of course I broke down and told her I would find the cure no matter how long it took.”

 

Her sobs began to fill the room as she finally looked up into my eyes, “until it was her last day I sat cooped up in the laboratory trying to figure out any way I could save the girl I loved. Knowing Krystal she would only take me out of the room to spend time together. I wanted to use every moment, every second I could get my hands on but at the same time I had to love her. It was like she knew when she was leaving me. She laid down on this very same bed with the brightest smile, she told me... She told me to not try the medication and gave me a lingering kiss. I know this sounds all crazy but she begged to never tell her family or any other person about her decision or about her illness. I wiped out all her medical records and it's how I gained this name of an experimental doctor using Krystal. I promise on my own life that, that stupid story is untrue. I loved Krystal with all my heart I took the fall and truthfully I have no idea why I am telling you all this.”

 

I watched her light hands skillfully remove the lingering tears as she let out a reassuring chuckle, “so please don't be nervous around me. I would also appreciate that you kept that only between us two. Your medication should be taking in effect soon and as it seems you may have amnesia. When you wake up we will have another talk. Hopefully you remember something that can help us figure out how you got that nasty scar.”

 

She smiled and that was when I knew I could trust her, as her long legs left the room my eyes shut and I was gone. No, not gone completely but I watched my vision slowly turn to black feeling my lips crisp upward into a sincere smile.

 

“Taeyeonieeee~~” my eyes opened wide hearing that familiar singsong voice, one very much connected with the girl spoken of before my slumber.

 

“Taeyeon,” her voice became cold pushing my arm so I would look at her.

 

“Yes Jessica?” I turned my head to see her face concerned more than ever.

 

“Oh, good. I thought she got you too,” Jessica crossed her arms with one of her normal pouts as she skipped to the door. What a Major General don't you think? That family of hers, it always made me wonder why Krystal didn't want a high ranking and now I see she didn't want to leave a scar in her wake. The door to our left connecting the rooms opened fast with the one and only doctor looking down at her tablet as she trekked across the room.

 

“So Tae-” Yoona’s smile dropped as she looked to Jessica giving a quiet bow, “Good morning Major General Jung. I didn't know you would be visiting today.”

 

“I didn't know that you called Lieutenant General Kim by her first name,” Jessica lifted an eyebrow ready to fight, I lifted my hand signaling her to stop.

 

“Jessica, please. I allowed her to call me that. Now, listen to my orders and please leave, I want this appointment private,” I never knew I could sound so cold but I couldn’t let her know about my condition and I sure as hell couldn't let her know about Krystal.

 

Jessica scoffed, nudging the doctor on her way out through the door calling out, “Im, I’m watching you.”

 

“Thank you ma’am,” Yoona didn't waste any time as she put herself in the position of a deep bow. I pushed my hand out once more.

 

“Please stand up, do not do that. I don't deserve that,” I took a deep breath, “and what is this talk about amnesia?”



 


*coughs* hehe I'm back.. ish.. if your wondering why the chapter in the foreword is still orange. THIS IS ONLY PART ONE.

I realized when writing this that i needed so much back story that it got so long, and honestly I feel as if I should have labeled this YoonKrys. 

Somehow over the rainbow I wrote about those two together LOL. Anyways,  I hope you all enjoy.

awkfkawn. I'm such a bad author these days.

-Kai

comment.subscribe.yell at me