YoonSic - "Please.. Don't Let go"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

"Oh Yoonaaaa!" A very tall excited girl swayed as she approached her best friend.

 

"Yeah Soo..?" Yoona answered cautiously as she felt her best friend drag her to her certain doom. The taller’s giggles could be heard unsettling Yoona to check her surroundings.

 

“Really Sooyoung?!” Yoona yelled as the dock appeared around her, “are you crazy?! I’m not going to step on that boat. NO WAY!”

 

Yoona thrashed uncontrollably in the embrace of her best friend, as much as she wanted to be there for her best friend’s bachelorette party on the sea. She hadn’t known a soul on board and she worried that it was unsafe. She always tried her best to stay away from trouble and Sooyoung always found ways for her to break that.

 

“Come on best, only three days and you’ll feel land in Jeju Island. Think about it, warm sand... the cool waves in the hot sun and the FOOD!” Yoona watched the girl drool and her grip loosen from her daydreams of food, “AND! I already packed for you! Think of it! You’re always busy with whatever you do at school and modelling.. just give me this week.”

 

Yoona watched her best friend relentlessly show the best of the best aegyo that she couldn't possibly reject resulting in her giving in with a sigh, “Fine, get me on the damn boat.”

 

Sooyoung cheerfully pulled the girl with her onto the landing, watching the movement of the waves ripple against the boat. As she inferred, Yoona felt uneasy, she tilted with the boat trying to gain a sense of security. Her vague attempts failed as she felt her tall structure slowly plummet down into the wooden deck, a pair of thin arms interrupted her likely demise, she prepared herself to say thank you. When she looked, she saw a smaller light brown haired girl, she didn't know her name. Her mind spinned as she tried to croak out the words she prepared, they were stuck in the depths of like a bug in a spider web.

 

As if she was set free the girl spoke instead, “Be careful”

 

To Yoona it was cold, colder than the drink she walked away with, she stood confused not knowing what to do with herself and found herself with an arm around her shoulders. She didn't care for the owner of the arm because she was only fixated on the endless curls bouncing away into the distance, dancing with the sway of the girl’s hips. Just on point the girl shined into the setting sun, turning in one full motion to show the stunning features of the now glowing girl. Yoona gasped as the girl came into view, her thick sunglasses blocked Yoona’s hunger to see the eyes of the girl that memerized her. Luckily, she was glad enough to just watch the girl’s pink pursed lips turning into a cute laugh when talking to the girl in front of her. She broke into a smile as she watched the girl’s every move, until she felt the hard pang of reality.

 

“IM YOONA! What in the world is wrong with you?” Sooyoung exasperatedly pleaded as she tried to get her best friend back onto the planet called Earth.

 

“And why the hell are you yelling, Choi? I know you are getting married bu-” Yoona yelled feeling a hand over .

 

“Yoona. Just. Shhh,” Sooyoung let go walking away to a group of girls leaving Yoona to sulk alone. The cruise ship left it's port on a steady course for their trip to Jeju Island which Yoona was still trying to figure out why it would take them three days to get there. Maybe they were going to cruise around the island before settling there or maybe it would only take a day to get there there and a day to stay and a day to get back. She kept bombarding herself with such thoughts by herself as she realize it getting dark.

 

“Yoona!” Sooyoung called waving over towards her, “Get ready for dinner! You have to make your maid of honor speech!”

 

“Uh- wha?!” Yoona leaned forward in shock watching her best friend skip away in excitement.

 

“Aishhh... jinja? this girl,” Yoona groaned walking towards where Sooyoung brought her things before, she opened her room to see a petite living quarters in which she couldn't deny were very nice. She opened her suitcase realizing that Sooyoung just brought one of her traveling cases for when she went on photoshoots. She shook her head at her lazy best friend’s attempts at ‘packing’ for her. Though, she gladly put on one of the designer dresses as she fixed up her make up keeping it simple. Her hand touched the cool metal of the door as she walked through the lobby of the cruise-liner. The regular people that were on the ship besides the bridal party were skipping around in happiness. Yoona smiled to herself bitterly realizing how much being away from her family put a toll on her heart.

 

She shook her head finding the elevator to her destination of the dinner party, she pushed onto the correct number smiling while looking up through the glass exterior. She tapped her foot waiting for it to move but it didn't, she looked down perplexed as the same girl that helped her before, walk through the doors of the elevator. This time Yoona saw her eyes and it froze her to her spot.

 

“Feeling better?” the girl said plainly pushing the button to close the glass doors.

 

“mmmm,” a light groan escaped from Yoona’s lips, she cursed herself in her mind for her stupid attempt at a reply.

 

The girl chuckled to herself looking up to the taller girl, “So you’re the famous Yoona that Sooyoung always talks about at the office? I thought she said that you were bold and always travel the world? What makes you so uneasy of boats?”

 

Yoona began to frown as flashbacks of her past summer as a child when she had almost drowned, “that’s a long story...”

 

Yoona managed to say grabbing onto the side of the lift feeling the girl beside her grab onto her, “and... my name is Jessica.”

 

Yoona nodded in thank you for the added support, “Sooyoung knows why I don't like boats, she was with my family and I when I almost drowned in a lake as a child. Sooyoung was the one crying like a baby too, not even me.”

 

Yoona chuckled as she continued, “it was just so mentally scarring that I can't even do any photoshoots that deal with water. I don't do swimsuits for that reason. Sooyoung knows me being here for her is a real sacrifice for our friendship. I don't mind spending time with my best friend even if it risks my own sanity.”

 

Jessica looked over with a smile, “well, I’m just Sooyoung’s co worker who happens to hear all her stories about you but I have yet to hear that one.”

 

“I guess she wants me to only sound cool,” Yoona chuckled awkwardly as they arrived to their destination at the banquet floor, revealing a full table except for the two at the elevator, “I guess we are a bit late.”

 

“Nope, just on time,” Jessica looked over with a wink as she walked over to an empty seat next to another of the best friend’s childhood friends, Sunny.

 

Sunny waved excitedly towards Yoona as she reciprocated with a sincere smile before preparing to sit beside Sooyoung.

 

“Ah Ah, since you decided to be fashionably late with Sica here, you shall make your speech now,” Sooyoung teased as Yoona stood in a perfect squat position, she stood straight up giving her best friend a look of complete disapproval.

 

“Fine,” Yoona straightened her body out looking at the rows of girls she didn't know, was she really that far from her best friend to not notice who she was with most of the time now? She sighed before seeing Jessica in the crowd giving her, her usual glare which for some reason comforted her in that moment.

 

“Well, for all of you who don't know me, I am Im Yoona,” she said before being interrupted by the clap of thunder, “I guess the weather doesn't want me to speak.”

 

Yoona chuckled, nervously patting down the dress she had worn that night as she noticed heavy rain streaking the night sky, the ship began to rock mercilessly as she planted a hand on the table in front of her, “my best friend here, this crazy girl is getting married. Not to a man but a woman named Tiffany Hwang. Poor Tiff, she is probably getting drained of all her money just from this shikshin eating all her money away.”

 

Yoona showed her alligator laugh gaining a slap from her best friend beside her, “but of course they are unconditionally in love and knowing this couple well, you will all receive another party for Tiffany’s sake. Tiffany is probably working for this bill right now.”

 

Yoona held her belly trying to stop herself from laughing, she took a deep breath and held onto Sooyoung’s shoulder, “but on a serious note, I truly love you best, we have literally been by each other’s sides through the good and the bad. Through the giggles and crying and when we both realized that boys were no good to us. The Friday nights when we used to eat ice cream and watched the girl groups dance at Uncle Choi’s house.”

 

“Remember when we tricked Soojin unnie by putting pickles on her eyes instead of cucumbers?” The best friend’s laughed together as tears began rolling down each other’s cheeks, they helped wiped them away before Yoona continued on, “I really should have prepared a speech, winging it is hard.”

 

“I guess the last thing I have for you before I let you go best, please don't change. I know Tiffany has only brought the best in you bu-” Suddenly the weather became worse forcing the ship into something that jerked it enough for Yoona to go sprawling across the room. The girls held onto the table in fear as Sooyoung helped her best friend off the ground.

 

“Are you alright?!” Sooyoung asked as she pulled her towards her.

 

Yoona looked towards the window in front of her watching a wretched wave continue towards it, she felt as if she was eight again, she knew she was going to be engulfed into the wave when it crashed through the frame. She gasped for air knowing it may be her last, she squeezed her eyes as the screams filled the dining room along with water as she felt Sooyoung’s hold on her disappear. She wanted to cry but she knew no one would be able to see the tears. The table sets began floating before she felt the ship tilt, the girls below her crashed into the window below being pulled down by the gaining whirlpool that the ship would create. She looked down noticing a struggling Jessica attached to a chair, a sudden rush of adrenalin pushed her towards the blonde as she pulled her free and out of the first window, she pushed the girl out feeling herself struggle with the impending current.

 

Her head reached the surface as she felt the blonde help her from the depths of the ship, “Sooyoung...”

 

“Are you crazy?!” Jessica yelled as she pulled herself atop the capsized portion of the boat.

 

“No...” Yoona took a deep breath and prayed to herself that her best friend was alive and well in the wreckage below her, she swam downward seeing Sooyoung struggling to pull Sunny with her. Yoona swam along helping the two reach the opening where Jessica helped the two out. The three pulled Yoona out of the gaping hole as they laid across what used to be the side of the boat.

 

“T-the girls,” Jessica whispered as her body shook violently in the ocean’s storm, “h-how could this have happened?”

 

The girls looked around, too shocked to understand what was even happening when Sooyoung’s laughter interrupted the sullen mood. The girls all looked at her in pain.

 

“I just can't believe my best friend fought her fear to save us,” Sooyoung began crying feeling the side they sat upon sinking lower into the dark blue landscape.

 

“We can talk about this later! RUN!” Yoona held onto Jessica as they ran across the wreckage of the ship, “we have to make it to the emergency boats!!”

 

The four watched the emergency motorized boats in the distance with spotlights at the ready, Yoona felt uneasy. If the crew knew they only could only save few, it was the reason they didn't announce what would happen to the liner. She frowned in realization as the group drew closer to the moving boats.

 

“Ahjussi! Ahjussi!” Yoona yelled out not even caring as to what she was looking like or the fact that she held onto Jessica with all her might, she had to save her, “LET US ON!”

 

The man looked at his full boat and back to the four girls running for their lives, “I don't know if I can take you all.”

 

“Soo! GET ON!” Yoona yelled pushing her best friend into the boat, “Sunny-yah! You too!”

 

Jessica looked at Yoona with a frown, “what about..”

 

“Ahjussi you can take one more right?” Yoona asked looking at the man with obvious tears in her eyes, Jessica knew she was crying.

 

“YOONA! NO!” Jessica yelled along with Sooyoung.

 

“You are needed more than me!” Jessica pleaded as she looked at the taller.

 

“Jessica..” Yoona looked down at her, now shins deep in water, “Someone could say I fell in love with you at first sight, all those soppy lovey dovey types could understand what I mean when I say this. Live for me Jessica. Just do it. Please?”

 

Yoona picked the girl up and threw her into the boat signaling the man off with a smile and a thumbs up, before she could even accept her impending doom she watched Jessica leap from the boat and towards her. She opened her arms catching the girl.

 

“What the hell are you thinking?!” Yoona asked in disbelief at the girl in her arms.

 

“I don't need a life if it isn't with someone like you, who can face their deepest fear just to save my life, who would sacrifice her own life to save a pabo like me,” Jessica looked up at Yoona who was more than happy to hold her in her embrace, she moved the girl’s soaked bangs from her forehead as she felt her body descend closer into the water.

 

“We have to get out of here,” Yoona whispered into the girl’s ear grabbing onto an extra board in the wreckage, “sit down.”

 

“You are not about to pull a Titanic on me are you?” Jessica asked now hyperventilating as she realized that she was in a life threatening situation.

 

“I sorta already did Jess,” Yoona chuckled as she paddled far away from the wreckage worried that the couple would sink along with the boat.

 

“What are we going to do Yoona?!” Jessica screamed as she held onto the board with her life.

 

“I told you to stay on the boat, you pabo. But, you just had to love me back,” Yoona teased as they were far enough, she held onto one side trying to calm down Jessica.

 

“Yah! who said I loved you back?” Jessica looked at her feeling the rain pelt her in the face.

 

“I did,” Yoona chuckled stealing a kiss from the drenched princess.

 

“Well...” Jessica coughed looking away as she grabbed for Yoona’s hand, “I won't deny it.”

 

Jessica noticed Yoona getting tired by the second, “YAH! I SAID DON'T PULL A TITANIC!”

 

“arasso, arasso...” Yoona mumbled as her grip loosened, Jessica held firmly about to yell at the girl and possibly kill her again if that ever happens. Jessica watched a light approach them and turn in front of them.

 

“Excuse me ma’am, need a lift?” an over exaggerated Sooyoung said while wiggling her eyebrows, “because your new girlfriend is scared of water I have always got lessons and extra precautions in case things like this happen. It just so happens she is a natural in the water even if she is scared of it. I can't even lie, she is better than me.”

 

Sooyoung scoffed as she helped the couple on board.

 

“Soo, you totally ruined their moment,” Sunny chuckled, “It was like titanic all over. I was waiting for Jess to yell ‘JACK JACK!’ or Yoona would be all blue.”

 

“Oh come on Sunny, we both know Sica was probably just yelling at her the whole time,” Sooyoung stated matter-of-factly as she let out a hearty laugh with Sunny. The duo grabbed towels for the freezing couple as they drove away following the other emergency boats.

 

As the duo teased they hadn't realized the constant smiling that the couple shared with each other, they covered each other with blankets stealing kisses on each other’s cheeks and lips.

 

“Next time listen to me,” Yoona stuck out her tongue looking at Jessica.

 

“How about, you just not pull a Jack on me,” Jessica pinched Yoona’s side releasing a yelp.

 

“Seriously though Yoongie...” Jessica frowned looking into her eyes as she felt Yoona firmly hold her close.

 

“Please... Don't let go,” Jessica mumbled into Yoona’s wet hair.


“I won't....”

I couldnt sleep so I wrote you all an update (author-ssi is sick) Anywho, how they were swimming in dresses? I dont know just believe in it! LOL! It was a fun update and I didnt want it to end so Titanic-y so I ended up making it a bit funnier in the end. I thought it was cute ish.. Oh well.. Yoonsic is pretty cute. It does feel a bit weird writing about Yoona when she is already taken in real life but you guys asked for it! I hope you all enjoy it and I do not mind criticism. Lay it on me honay! HAHAHAHA! An! there should be a lot of mistakes. I'm writing so late. This is so odd x.x

Love you all,

Kai aka datmao

comment.subscribe.yell at me