Chapter 14

Hoping You'll See What Your Love Means to Me

It was already the third day of the week. Just four more days until Baekhyun had to make his decision. Everyone involved was nervous now that the D-Day was coming. Baekhyun was already leaning towards a certain person, but he wasn’t absolutely sure yet. There were still chances that everything would flip around and he would choose another person.

 

“ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!”

 

“DAMNIT!”

 

“YES!”

 

It was the third day; Chanyeol and Yoonji’s stay was short. They had to make the most of it by doing what they could, eating out with Baekhyun for dinner. But of course Baekhyun wouldn’t come along with them willingly unless one of them paid for his meal. Chanyeol and Yoonji decided to do rock, paper, scissors to decide who was going to pay for his meal. Unluckily for Chanyeol, he lost.

 

“Come on, rematch! You cheated! You were 0.1 seconds later than me!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

“Oh please, that was fair. Too bad, you lost, you have to pay for Baekhyun’s meal.” Yoonji said, smirking.

 

Baekhyun was in the background, shaking his head at how much they wanted him to join their outing. “Another idea is to just go yourselves and I’ll eat at home. Good idea, am I right? Alright let’s go with that then.”

 

The two of them shook their heads at the same time, crossing their arms as well. “No! Not happening! We’re only here for a week and this is already the third day! We have to spend time with each other! Who knows what will happen to our friendship once we stop working.”

 

Sighing, Baekhyun got dressed in his uniform and went out to the front counter to his register. There were a lot of customers arriving in today. The three of them barely had time to talk to each other. Customers came in one after the other, non-stop. Finally, four hours into their work they had time to speak with each other for at least 10 minutes.

 

“What’s with today, why’s everyone coming here.” Chanyeol complained, sitting in the break room with the others.

 

“Maybe it’s because I’m working here~” Yoonji said, flipping her hair back.

 

“But really, is it usually like this?” asked Chanyeol to Baekhyun.

 

There was no response. Chanyeol asked again. Then again. Then again. But still, no answer. “Baekhyun?” Chanyeol muttered again.

 

Finally Baekhyun heard him and shot his head up. “Yeah, what’s up?”

 

“Are you okay? You were spacing out for quite a while.”

 

“Yeah I’m okay. Don’t worry about me. Continue with your conversation.”

 

Chanyeol and Yoonji looked at each other. “Though we haven’t known each other for long, you can still tell us your problems. You’ve been looking uneasy and somewhat pale since the first day we met. We want to help you as much as we can, Baekhyun.” Yoonji was worried most about Baekhyun. Probably mostly because of her small crush she had developed when she first set her eyes on him, but as a friend, she was worried as well.

 

Although Baekhyun knew he shouldn’t say anything about it. He knew he should talk to someone about it, even if they were strangers who claimed to be his friend after three days.

 

“I—I-I’ve been troubled by something recently. It has something to do with the two males you saw the other day, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol thought back and remembered on the first day that two males were glaring at him after seeing him touch Baekhyun’s hand. “What about them?” he asked.

 

Baekhyun swallowed the saliva forming in his mouth and breathed deeply. “T-They... they both love me and...”

 

“And?” Chanyeol continued.

 

 “I love them both, so I have no idea who to choose... I have to choose one of them by the end of the week.”

 

Yoonji’s jaw dropped. Her small crush had ended just like that. But that wasn’t the important thing right now. The important thing was helping Baekhyun make a decision before the deadline.

 

“You have to like one more than the other though, right? You can’t love them both equally.” Yoonji muttered.

 

Baekhyun didn’t say anything and played with his fingers.

 

“Baekhyun...” she muttered again.

 

“I don’t know. I sort of have an idea of who to choose... but I’m not 100% sure... I mean I’ve known Yixing for as long as I can remember. Jongin was the first person to love me not for my appearance, but for who I am. He’s the first person who made me realize that I had a position in life. That I wasn’t just taking up space, breathing in all the air. Yixing was the one who was always by my side. He was mean for most of my memories, but he was still kind to me when he needed to be. They were both there when I needed them and now... now I might lose one of them and I just don’t want to lose either of them.”

 

Even though Chanyeol and Yoonji tried to help Baekhyun, they knew that this was his decision to make without their help. They didn’t know who Yixing and Jongin were at all and all Chanyeol knew were their faces. Baekhyun was on his own for this one. He would have to make his own decision and the two were praying that he would make the right one.