Chapter 13

Hoping You'll See What Your Love Means to Me

The second day continued with Baekhyun laughing all day. Chanyeol had brought up some funny episodes that happened between him and his friends that made Yoonji and Baekhyun laugh and clap like seals.

 

“Then we found a pack of ramen in his bag!” Chanyeol laughed, clapping with the other two.

 

Their laughter caused stares from the customers eating inside the restaurant. They tried to hold it in as much as they could, but with all the hilarious moments coming from Chanyeol’s mouth, they couldn’t hold it back. Chanyeol just continued with the moments, making the two laugh harder than ever. Luckily their boss wasn’t there that day so they could do whatever they wanted to without being yelled at. Since Baekhyun worked long enough there, he was appointed the assistant manager just for today.

 

“So assistant manager, what are we going to do after work?” Chanyeol asked cheerfully; like he was expecting something to actually happen.

 

Baekhyun eyed him and looked away. “Nothing. Who said I was going to hang out with you guys.”

 

Chanyeol tugged on his arm and pulled him back and forth. “Aw, come on! Let’s celebrate with Yoonji this time!”

 

Baekhyun pulled his arm out from his grasp, “Stop it, you’re being annoying.”

 

“Pleeease, Baekhyun-oppa?” Yoonji begged, pleading with her cute and round eyes.

 

Although Baekhyun really didn’t want to go out, he couldn’t help but fall into Yoonji’s trap and they ended up heading to a grill house for dinner after work. It didn’t take Chanyeol and Yoonji long to realize that they made a mistake in forcing Baekhyun to come.

 

“The only way I’m coming is if you pay for me. Otherwise I’m not going.”

 

Yoonji and Chanyeol thought nothing more about it and nodded, agreeing to Baekhyun’s deal.

 

“Oppa, how about you pay for this meal and I’ll pay you back. I only took out $30 from my bank.” Yoonji whispered to Chanyeol.

 

“I only brought $50. I don’t have enough money to pay for all three of us. I didn’t know he was going to order so much!”

 

The two looked at Baekhyun and saw him munching away at the plates of meat he ordered.

“Remember, this is my meat. Not yours. You can’t eat it. It’s mine. Remember our deal? You’re paying for everything.”

 

Chanyeol looked over at Yoonji with sad eyes. “He’s eating all my money away.”

 

“Mine too...” Yoonji mumbled.

 

The night ended with Baekhyun eating everything and with Chanyeol and Yoonji not even tasting a piece.

 

“Feel free to ask me out again if you’re paying.” Baekhyun smiled and parted from them to head home.

 

It was a long walk home from the grill house. It was dark outside by the time they left and only the street lights were lighting up the path Baekhyun walked home. It was chillier at night and all Baekhyun was wearing was a thin t-shirt. He looked up into the night sky, eyes moving from one star to another. Each star reminded him of a memory he had with Jongin and Yixing. The first star he set eyes on reminded him of when Jongin first appeared in his life. When he first started working at the restaurant and there Jongin was, being his usual and kind self. It was almost impossible to not fall in love with him.

 

The second star reminded him of when he went out shopping with Yixing. He remembered how Yixing was rude to him about his weight, but then made the situation all better by saying how he liked Baekhyun the way he was.

 

The third star reminds me of when... haha... when Jongin confessed to me. Wasn’t that a dream... almost... unbelievable. I never thought in my life that the person I loved would like me back. Well... I thought it was mutual... until... the fourth star. The fourth star reminds me of when Yixing took me to that special place. Strumming the guitar while singing a wonderful song. A beautiful song that touched my heart... A song that— that made me start falling for him instead of loving Jongin more. T-The fifth star reminds me of when—when they decided to put me through this tough decision... how am I supposed to choose between two wonderful people who changed my life for the better? How do you expect me to? How...?

 

He looked back down, he didn’t want to look at any more stars, knowing that they would hurt him even more.

 

“I guess I’m starting to make a choice. I’m starting to side with one person I guess... hopefully it’s the right one.” Baekhyun muttered to himself.

 

He pulled his phone out and checked the time, then looked at his inbox. No messages from Yixing or Jongin. Only a message from a certain someone he just met two days ago and another message from a certain girl who knows that certain someone.

 

Yoonji: Baekhyun-oppa! Get home safely! Next time eat less you fatty! ><

 

Chanyeol: You ate a whole day of work from me ;; arrive home safely~

 

Baekhyun smiled after reading the messages. “I will. I’ll arrive home safely.”