Chapter 15

Hoping You'll See What Your Love Means to Me

Fourth day.

 

Baekhyun woke up like usual but except this time his head was throbbing in pain. He spent the whole night thinking about who to choose. He drew diagrams to help him after remembering that he was taught in school to draw diagrams to help you when you’re stuck, but only after drawing them did he remember that it wasn’t for problems like his. There was paper lying around from his diagrams and in his hand was his phone that died from battery loss. He looked around for a charger, then plugged his phone in to charge it. He spent last night not only drawing diagrams, but looking through photos that the three of them took together. His eyes drooped down. He was tired and not in good condition to go to work. Heading down the stairs to the kitchen, he searched for his home phone to call his boss, telling him that he wasn’t going to be going to work today.

 

“Hello? Boss? I’m going to faint if I go to work today so I won’t be coming. I’ll be there for the rest of the days, can I take it off from my vacation days?” Baekhyun called.

 

“Yeah, sure sure. Get well soon. Rest well.”

 

After his short call, he headed upstairs, back to his room. Everywhere he stepped was a piece of paper under his foot. It almost filled the floor until you could barely see it. Baekhyun was in no mood to clean it up either though. He laid onto his bed, closing his eyes in attempt to fall asleep.

 

Unknown Person: “Hey Baekhyun, come look at this!”

Baekhyun: “What is that?”

Unknown Person: “My heart.”

Baekhyun: “Y-Your heart? Why is it broken?”

Unknown Person: “Because you broke it. You didn’t choose me. This is what my heart looks like now. It’s dead. I’m dead. I died because you didn’t choose me. You killed me. YOU KILLED ME!”

 

Baekhyun woke up immediately. He was perspiring from the nightmare he had. He looked around and in the corner of his eye he saw a figure standing by the window. He looked over and saw the same person in his dream. His face was blurred out. He couldn’t tell who it was.

 

“You killed me, Baekhyun. You broke my heart. You made me die. You played with my feelings. You tore my heart apart. I died because of you!” the unknown person shouted.

 

Baekhyun woke up for real this time. A nightmare in a nightmare. His heart was racing and his forehead was perspiring like there was no tomorrow. His breath was short and he was gasping for air. He looked around for some water and saw a bottle lying on the floor. He grabbed it and gulped all of it down. Right now he was hoping he wasn’t in another nightmare. He didn’t want to hear that person talk again. He didn’t want to see that person. Another word or sight from that unknown person and he would faint right on the spot.

 

“W-Who was that? W-Who did I kill? I-I don’t want to hurt anyone... I-I just...” Tears rolled down from Baekhyun’s eyes. His decision was harder than ever now.