The Ballerina And The Magician

SMTOWN Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's my HaeSica ff..check this link to read -------------------> The Ballerina And The Magician

The Ballerina and the Magician

 

 

 

          I was by the side of the stage recalling my choreography. I was so nervous that I didn’t hear my name being called by the emcee. Good thing a random guy with a top hat nudged me.

 

 

 

          “Ms. Jessica Jung?” the emcee was searching for me. I tried to announce my presence as discreetly as possible. I cleared my throat and waved. The emcee nodded once.

 

 

 

          “Ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Jessica Jung.” I heard claps & cheers before all the lights went out. Then the music began. I stepped out with the spotlight. I forgot the crowd. I forgot the judges. I forgot the fact that I had to win this talent contest if I wanted to visit my mom in jail in a different country. I forgot everything. I was too busy being a bird. I was too busy flying and gliding. The world meant nothing. My performance is gonna blow them away. Then I hear a SNAP! Next thing I knew, I was on the ground. The bird broke a wing. Except in reality, the ballerina sprained her ankle. And to think my toes were already bruised…

 

 

 

          People rushed to my side & carried me to the waiting area. They took care of almost all of the pain. Except the pain in me. I’m such a failure. No joke. I know I won’t win. I wasn’t flawless. I wasn’t perfect. I don’t know if there’s even a next time. UUUUUGH. No seeing my mom for another year then. LIFE. It just doesn’t end does it?

 

 

 

          I stayed in the waiting area staring at the TV. I saw a guy pulling out a bunny out of his hat & laughed. But nothing really stuck. I didn’t absorb nor even observe thoroughly what he was doing. I’m too embarrassed. FAILURE. FAILURE. FAILURE. FAILURE. FAILU-

 

 

 

          I heard the door open & saw the guy with the top hat.

 

 

 

          “Ummm…hi. I just thought I’d check on stuff…” he took off his hat and I saw his shaggy brown hair. He had warm nice brown eyes. He looked like the guy who’s too cool to be popular.

 

 

 

          “Ooh. I’m as fine as a beaver with wood. No joke. Thanks by the way. For the nudge.” Though a part of me wished he hadn’t nudged me.

 

 

 

          “Aiden. Aiden Lee. But you can call me Donghae.” He offered his hand & I shook it.

 

 

 

          “Jessica Jung.” He had dimples & it was cute.

 

 

 

          “Jessica the Ballerina. Kewl.”

 

 

 

          “And you are Donghae the what?” he got coffee and donut: for each of us.

 

 

 

          “Donghae the Great Magician.”

 

 

 

          “You sure of the ‘GREAT’ part?”

 

 

 

          “Super sure.”

 

 

 

          “So why’d you join?”

 

 

 

          “Friends. Forced me so in case I win they can buy a new PS3.”

 

 

 

          “Friends. Where’ll we be without them?” paired with a sarcastic laugh and perfect!

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter