I'll Be

SMTOWN Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ll Be

JESSICA’S POV

 

 

 

                “For next meeting’s practical test, you will have to sing a love song in pairs. I’ll post the list of pairings this afternoon at the bulletin board. That’s all, class dismissed.”

 

 

 

                Students filed out the room as soon as seonsaengnim dismissed us. I wonder who I’ll be paired with. I hope he or she is good at singing, I can’t afford failing a minor subject.

 

 

 

 

 

                The rest of the day passes by quickly. Students crowded the halls, eager to go home. I checked the bulletin board for my partner.

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Taeyeon & Park Jungsoo Hwang Miyoung & Park Chanyeol Choi Jinri & Lee Taemin Jung Sooyeon & Wu Yifan Song Qian & Shim Changmin Seo Joohyun & Cho Kyuhyun Kwon Yuri & Choi Minho

 

 

 

 

 

                Hmmm…Wu Yifan huh? So I’m paired with Kris? But I’ve never heard him sing…this is gonna be difficult.

 

 

 

KRIS’ POV

 

 

 

                Why does seonsaengnim have to make us sing? Ugh…music, why do you exist? It’s not like singing is the only way to express music. You can hum, rap, or play instruments, not sing all the time. Aish…

 

 

 

                Jung Sooyeon huh? Jessica…ahhhhh I quit, this is hard, she’s an awesome singer, nothing compared to my monotonous voice.

 

 

 

                “I see that you’ll be my partner, what song are we gonna sing?” someone asked behind me. I turned my head to see Jessica stand next to me.

 

 

 

                “Hmmm…I dunno yet. Maybe we should choose a song that we both can sing.”

 

 

 

                “Sounds fine to me. Any love song you have in mind?”

 

 

 

                “Does it have to be in Korean?”

 

 

 

                “Why? Do you want to sing in Chinese?”

 

 

 

                “No, actually I was planning to sing in English, you’re okay with that, right?”

 

 

 

                “No problem. So, what song do you have in mind?”

 

 

 

                “I’ll be by Edwin McCain.”

 

 

 

                “I’ll be your crying shoulder, I’ll be love suicide. And I’ll be better when I’m older, I’ll be the greatest fan of your life~ that song?”

 

 

 

                “Yeah that.” Geez, she’s good.

 

 

 

                “Okay. I’ll just memorize the lyrics for that. Tomorrow, we’ll divide the parts. See you!” she waved then left.

 

 

 

                “Bye!” I sighed. I need to practice.

 

 

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

 

 

                “…the greatest fan of your life~”

 

 

 

                “Did you check seonsaengnim’s announcement?”

 

 

 

                “Uh no? Wae?” I asked.

 

 

 

                “It was just about the grading system. It also says there that we should sing with emotion, it can give plus points.”

 

 

 

                “Oh that…are you good with facial expressions?”

 

 

 

                “I can manage. I’m pretty good with acting.”

 

 

 

                “Okay.”

 

 

 

KRIS’ POV

 

 

 

                Day of our practical test. Aish…if I mess this up, Jessica will get mad at me.

 

 

 

                “You ready for later?” Jessica said sitting next to me.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter