03: Escape

Agent 57
 
 
 

Chapter

03


escape

 
 
 

Byun Baekhyun
07/19/13

"GAWD. This is SOOO BORING."

 

I groaned for the fifieth time as I ran my fingers through my hair. The weather was hotter than than ever, and we had been walking around for AGES. It was a wonder how Krystal managed to still go on asking about Park Chanyeol in this situation.

"Excuse me? I'm looking for an unni I know. Her last name is Park, and her brother was named Park Chanyeol. Do you know about anyone like that?"

The ahjummah running the supermarket shook her head, making Krystal's face fall again.

"I'm telling you, this isn't the right city! There's not a person who knows anything about this certain Park family.." I muttered.

Krystal sighed and gave me a look.

"I'm already feeling tired. Don't make me even more annoyed."

"You were annoyed? Pshh... I thought that was your usual face..."

 

Oh God did I just say that out loud.

 

Not a second had passed before I felt a sharp, heavy, whack on the left side of my head. I howled in pain, blaming the hot weather for everything.

I was still in the middle of rubbing my head while pouting when Krystal's phone rang.

"Hello? Myungsoo oppa?"

I scoffed. There she goes again. Calling every good-looking guy 'oppa'.

"What?! You found.... WHAT?! HE'S WHAT?!"

I widened my eyes, curious.

"What's he saying? Give me the phone."

Krystal ignored me, her face looking more shocked than ever. Which made me want to die of curiousity.

 

"I can't believe it... Then does that mean he's the criminal?"

HUH? "WHO'S the criminal?! Give me the freaking phone!" I reached out for the phone, but she turned away, still focused on the phone call.

"Oh... Okay... I see...."

"YAH. GIVE ME THE PHONE." I earned weird looks from people around us. Not that I wasn't used to it with Krystal around.

"Mhmm.... Alright... Bye." With that, she hung up. I gaped at her.

 

"WHAT, WHY--"

"Park Chanyeol has been found alive in Seoul living under the name Song Chanyeol with a younger sister named Song Minhee, and Myungsoo and Byunghun brought Song Minhee for now into the building to inquire her so they could find out more information about the crime, so they want the rest of us to come back to the CSS building as soon as we can."

She spoke the whole thing faster and more clearer than a sports announcer. My jaw just dropped.

 

"Let's head back to the building. I wonder who this Song Minhee is.."

"Let's just hope she's hot."

Another whack on my head. I blamed the hot weather.

 


Song Minhee
07/19/13

I pouted, my arms crossed for the whole time I was questioned.

Apparently, the number of my kidnappers had increased to seven in less than a minute, and each one of them looked like they carried pistols.

I wanted to cry.

 

The mature guy that was supposedly named Suho spoke to me again.

"I'm asking you again. Do you really not know anything about this whole thing?"

"I don't! I still don't get who you guys are and what this whole stupid CSS thing is."

Suho sighed tiredly. He looked at the mean kidnapper who had brought me here in the first place.

 

"Byunghun, I really don't think this girl's going to be of any use."

My eyes lit up, feeling hope for the first time for the past few hours. YES. I'M FREE.

The mean kidnapper sighed and frowned, looking at me.

"Well, what do we do with her then?"

Let me OUT of course!

"We'll have to keep her in here for the time being. And don't let the headmaster know anything about this. He'll kill us for bringing a civilian into the secret agency."

I stood straight up from my seat with wide eyes.

"W-WHAT?! I.. I have to stay here?! But I'm of no use to you guys in whatever weird thing you guys are doing! Can't you let me go?!"

The Suho guy sighed.

"Sorry, but this place is supposed to be secret from the nation. So are the happenings in it. And since we revealed it to you, we can't let you go."

"B-But I promise to keep my mouth shut! I won't tell anyone! So please just let me go.."

"Yah, be thankful you're still alive right now! Normally, we would get rid of people like you--"

"Byunghun." The nice kidnapper from before gave him a look.

 

It felt like I was crumbling apart. My mind went white with panic, disbelief, and most of all, fear. Fear of the future, fear of this place, fear of what I was going to do now.

What was I going to do now?!

All my friends, my family, my home.. I didn't even get to say goodbye...

My lower lip started to quiver, and I felt tears start to make their way through behind my eyes. I was really, really kidnapped, and was not going to be able to go back home anytime soon. Maybe never.

The nice kidnapper gently put his hand on my shoulder, but it barely made me feel any better. All I could do was feel sorry for myself.

 

"Once again, I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay with us for now."

"As a prisoner?" I squeaked.

The Suho guy bit his lower lip. Even a professional looking guy like him couldn't answer that without making me break down.


Kim Myungsoo
07/19/13

"Well, I think this really must for that girl." Baekhyun muttered.

Ya think?

 

I sighed for the umpteenth time, feeling more than sorry for Song Minhee. She seemed like a really nice girl, someone who really didn't deserve to mix with CSS.

I couldn't express how complicated her life would be from now on.

Two hours had passed, and Suho had left the girl alone in a spare room in our floor. We had all agreed to keep her here in secret for now. The headmaster already thought of us as suspects. We didn't want him to get angry at us for bringing a civilian here.

CSS was a secret agency. If we had a civilian leaking all of our information let along our presensce to the nation...

 

We all must have been thinking the same complicated thing. At the same time, we all sighed. And it as right then when my phone rang.

"Lee Byunghun?"

"GET OVER HERE QUICK! THE GIRL'S MISSING!" He was panting, as if he was running.

I stood straight up, knocking my chair back.

"ALREADY?!"

"YES. Aish... that girl's one hella girl... running away when I sneezed for a second. WHO DOES THAT?!"

"And you let her ESCAPE?! JUST LIKE THAT?! Ohmygosh what are we going to DO the headmaster might see her and then it will be ALL OVER!"

"Aish.. I didn't know she was THIS fast! Just get over here with the others and help us find her!"

I ran my fingers through my hair and hung up, looking at the others with a busy mind.

 

"Minhyuk hyung, go down to the lobby and guard the main exit to watch for Song Minhee."

He blinked as he gradually walked backwards toward the stairs.

"Huh?! Why?! Did she--"

"YES she escaped. So please go down before she gets out!"

The second I finished the first sentence, everything broke into CSS Action Mode.

 

"Dasom, look for her in the fourth floor. Baekhyun go distract the headmaster, and Krystal go with him to watch the third floor--"

"What, why does SHE have to come with ME--"

"JUST GO. Suho hyung and Byunghun are int he fifth floor, so I'll look for her in the second floor. Call if you find her and don't ever tell anyone else about this!"

Right away, all four of us departed in superhuman speed, our eyes sharp for a thin, brown-haired girl.

We WERE CSS agents after all.


 LEE BYUNHUN
07/19/13

"AISH DOES THIS EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE?!"

I kicked open the fourteenth door, again seeing no Song Minhee. She had certainly never looked as though planning for escape five minutes ago.

 

She sniffled, her eyes wide like a deer's and her cheeks rosy pink from crying. For a second, I kind of felt bad for her.

"I guess I have to stay here forever... Without anyone I know and no friends at all..." She said in a wistful voice.

"I feel so... weak..."

 

Weak my .

Now I knew that was all an act to try to seem that weak.

 

I loosened my grip on her wrist, feeling no need to be so harsh. She went on wiping her tears away, biting her lip to keep from whimpering.

And then I took a breath. Wrong move. A whole whiff of the girl's perfume reached my nose.

Aish. Perfume.

I gave a cough, and then gave a sneeze.

Right then and there, Song Minhee easily grabbed her hand out of my grasp and zoomed away from me, laughing.

"HAHA ER."

 

"AISH." I kicked the last door on the floor open, finding no one but Song Minhee's mocking image of laughing at me in my head.

"THAT GIRL. WAIT TILL I FIND YOU."

Author's Note

Hey :)
Please susbscribe and comment!~
Thanks~~ Cameo requests are welcome :)

Proverbs 17:17: A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity
Proverbs 17:9: Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.