Chapter 4

The Differences Between You and I

Song: July - Somewhere.

---

Time: After Class, Recess

"I hate this.. I really really hate this.." Eunmi muttered as she sat on the bench in the garden. Her mind was filled with only thoughts of Sanghyun and she couldn't help but feel miserable every single time she thought about him. "I miss you so much.." She closed her eyes as tears began spilling. 

- Flashback - 
"Yah dorky Eunmi!" Eunmi who had been crying on a bench under a cherry blossom tree looked up to see Sanghyun standing there with his usual dorky smile.

"Sanghyun.. Sanghyun!" Eunmi cried as she stood up and threw her arms around Sanghyun's neck as she sobbed into his shoulder. 

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked, clearly concerned as he pulled Eunmi away from him to take a look at her.

"I... I...." Eunmi shook her head as she let out a sob before winding her arm around his neck again, crying.

"Aigoo.. Eunmi.. Whatever you're crying about, just remember that there's no use wasting your tears over it." Sanghyun gently told her, his gaze soft. "Besides, don't worry about anything because our Thunder will help you strike lightning on him." This caused Eunmi to let out a giggle. 

"Aha! I win~ Treat me to ice cream later, will you?" Sanghyun beamed at her and Eunmi let out a soft laugh at his randomness as she pulled away. 

"You always know how to make me feel better, Sanghyun." Eunmi smiled as she wiped her tears away. This caused Sanghyun to laugh.

"Of course~ Who do you think I am?" He laughed. "I'm your best friend and the almighty Thunder." He grinned cheekily, earning himself a smack on the shoulder by Eunmi who was shaking her head.

-End of Flashback- 

 

The memories caused Eunmi to feel twice as worse as she was already feeling. 

"If only you were here to comfort me once more.." Eunmi opened her eyes as she gazed at the sunny sky. "I wish I could see you once more.." She wiped her tear that was threatening to spill again. "Then I would tell you how I felt a long time ago.." She muttered, looking down once more.


"EUNMI!" Eunmi somehow heard Sanghyun's voice causing her to turn around. However, it wasn't Sanghyun but instead her twin sister.

"How could you-" Her sister paused as she took a double take upon seeing her sister's wet face. "Were you crying because of Sanghyun again?" Naeun asked and Eunmi merely stood up to walk away. However, just as she took one step, Naeun stopped her. "Eunmi, you have to stop crying over Sanghyun! When will you ever accept the fact that he's gone?! HE'S NEVER GOING TO COME BACK!" Naeun screamed at her sister who sent her a spine-chilling glare.

"That's enough. I don't want to hear another word from you." Eunmi continued walking away, leaving her frustrated sister who yanked at her own hair from frustration. 



"Interesting.. So she has had a boyfriend before this?" A male who had accidentally come across the sisters muttered to himself as he watched. Shaking his head slightly, he walked away.


"Yah! Where did you disappear off to?!"  His friends asked, bombarding him with questions.