First Part

of whims and fancies

 

Winter's now spring and she realizes that life, for what it's worth, is completely pointless when you aren't able to face death head-on.

 

Seohyun happens to be someone who's exceptionally cautious, doesn't take risks, and doesn't get into trouble. Having toed the line in all her life, there's only black and white, and no grey portion.

She has toiled all her life in pursuit of fame and fortune. She takes complete control of everything because she has never once believed in something as absurd as fate. More importantly, she believes in herself and that fate is simply in her control. She tells everyone there's no miracles; everything's in your own hands.

It doesn't come as a surprise that she will always have a plan B (i.e. backup plan) in life. But she has never thought that her seemingly perfect life would simply end this way. (Where's her plan B when she needed it most?)

Seohyun never expect herself to find her own (bloody) cold body in a room enclosed by faded-white walls, with a lingering scent of bitterness and inexpressibly thick heaviness. It makes her so sick, and everything's almost unreal.

What she doesn't realize is that death always catches you by surprise.

 

His gaze lands on the unmoving body, her pale skin covered with crimson blood. And Kris hesitates for a moment when his familiar fingers reaches to replace her warmth with the iciness in his hands.

The sky fades to black, the clouds an ominous gray, and the air is chilly and gloomy. He doesn't exactly like where he's at, what he's doing, and who he has to be. He reminds himself that he's not supposed to feel anything. He' needs to be a cold-hearted, emotionless creature.

However, he can't be certain if he's able to do that, he doesn't believe in himself. And he notices her fluttering eyelids, and the blazing fire burning behind those eyes. She's not giving up, and she's battling to stay alive. He's sure that he hears a whisper.

He has no idea what those words mean, but the pang in his heart is too loud to be dismissed.

It's unfair to take her life away and so he decides he will go against the rules for once, for his conscience, and for her fighting spirit. (What he doesn't realize is that he's not just breaking the rules, but also disrupting the natural cycle of life and death.)

Kris's not going to pay for the grave consequences of his reckless action, but someone has to. 

 

She runs her fingers through her long, silky, chestnut-brown hair and tucks a few strands of loose tendrils behind her ears. Her large, doe-like eyes, hidden behind the black-framed glasses, are now focused on the black, sleek laptop and the worn-out keyboard in front of her. She sighs again, as her fingers furiously hit the backspace.

Her brow twitches and she removes her glasses, dark circles evident beneath her overly pale complexion. She adds one and a quarter pack of sugar before taking a small sip of her coffee.

The taste is just right, she tells herself and slowly savours the subtle bitterness (and sweetness) in .

She looks deep into the sky, and she realizes the sky isn't blue, the clouds aren't white; just a foggy, mist white. A light blush forms on her cheeks from the chilling air. 

Yoona's life is almost like a fairytale, except that there isn't a happy ending.

 

 


A/N: Hi everybody, this is the first part, which I thought seemed more like a prologue, so here you go. Everything's pretty obvious; just some characterization and mystery going on. But you shall anticipate the twist for the next chapter 'cos I decided that the genre is angst and fantasy. Not my forte, but I shall give it a shot anyway. Enjoy and I'll be back to this story soon :)