Second Part

of whims and fancies

 

The first time they meet each other, Seohyun calls it a coincidence, Yoona believes it's really fate and Kris tells them it's neither. The truth is no one really knows. 

 

"Who are you," her voice comes surprisingly strong as she sits up abruptly and a deep frown forms on her flawless face. Her long black hair falls over her shoulders like a dark waterfall which contrasted extremely against her uncannily pale skin. 

A few seconds later, she fades a little, and Kris blinks several times until he realizes he's staring into a pair of piercing eyes that seems a little too dark and a little too empty.

"Kris," he says with a firm voice, "And I'm here to take you away."

"Away from what?" She questions skeptically again, with a tone of impatience. She gives a pointed look, a glare almost, and doesn't bother with the formalities. He swears he has never seen eyes so dark before in his life.  

"This," he points and suddenly, like a snap of fingers, they hear a ruckus, she cannot be sure – she hears loud chocking cries, panicked voices, hushed sobs and she sees her family, her friends, her dearest– 

Seohyun screams whywhywhy but no one hears. Kris doesn't, her family doesn't. She's now a lost soul that is falling apart, slowly but surely.  

She realizes she is (already) dead. 

 

Late night, one night, stars bright.

Kris passes a bench where a stranger sits at, only glancing at her through the corner of his eyes. She takes a deep breath and he notices the traces of white left behind. The stranger is in a laced dress that reaches just above her knees, wrapped with a thin scarf and it seems a little too light for the cold weather.   

"Excuse me," the tinge of annoyance in his voice is poorly disguised as he rushes past her. 

He doesn't spare the stranger a second glance, doesn't feel the need to slow down and he doesn't know the stray papers that laid carelessly in her lap spiral in the cruel, chilly wind as he walks past her. He also doesn't notice she's decked in full white. 

He doesn't realize the tears rolling down her flushed cheeks. 

He never does.

(But someday he just got to learn it the hard way.)

 

She prides herself in not being like others. First, love at first sight or first love or anything along the line that most girls crave for or rave about meant nothing to her. Admist everything, she just settles in the background – watching, observing, existing and yet not being there. Her heart doesn't break at the small things and she doesn't fall for the smallest things and doesn't bother with the details. 

The spacious apartment is dead silent, only her footsteps can be heard as she walks to the window in her room and pulls the white curtains open, the golden splash of sunlight entering and hurting her eyes.

Dawn is breaking, hope is coming and she starts to pray.

Yoona ponders sometimes, in the obscurity of silence, beneath the boundless blue sky and far far away from the burstlingly busy city, that maybe god is kind, maybe miracles do exist and maybe she can really believe in them.

Maybe, just maybe.

She gathers all of the stray papers and notebooks and tosses them out of the window, out of her life. She thinks it's time to start all over now. 

But maybe has too many loopholes.

 

 


A/N: Hello readers, here's the second part! It still seems somewhat like an introduction because the exciting part (romance) hasn't really started. But there are some developments in this chapter which I think you guys have probably figured it out. Enjoy and I hope you're looking forward to the next updates!