Final

Umbrella [ Jihoon One Shot ]

 

"Stay my friend forever?" 
 
"I swear on it." 
 
"Even in the rain?"
 
"You can always stand under my umbrella," the 9 year old girl said smiling at the 10 year old boy. 
-------------------------
 
Rolling on the bed, you sighed. 
 
"Seventeen's having another photoshoot." You mumbled to yourself. You were all alone at your dorm. Finished with your homework and reading books,you were bored to death. You wanted to hang out with your best guy friend, Lee Jihoon, but he was in another photoshoot with his upcoming band. You were always jealous of jihoon being a trainee and you a normal geeky school girl. on 17TV he may seem charming and cute but at night whenever the both of you hang out, he was the true dorky jihoon you met when you were 5. Just then the phone rang and you quickly picked it up.
 
"Hello?" 
 
"Well someone's happy to hear me," Jihoon said, chuckling. You blushed on the other end.
 
"Yea yea. What do you want puppy?" 
 
Jihoon stood away from his bandmates, clutching the phone close to his ear.
 
"Err... I-i have to tell you something. About Jessica a-and other things too."
 
You frowned and sat up. You had ignored him the moment her name was mentioned. Jessica was Jihoon's girlfriend since he was 13. You never liked her but respected his decision even though you had fallen in love with him yourself. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK 
A 13 year old Jihoon ran towards you, jumping on your back. 
 
"AH!" You yelped, turning around. He laughed and kissed your cheek playfully, climbing off. You turned pink but shook it off and faced him.
 
"Why are you here Jihoonie?" You asked, spinning around the empty park. He shrugged, walking next to your skipping figure.
 
"Because I knew you'd be here. And i need to tell you something." He said smiling cutely at his feet. You stopped spinning, staring at his smiling features as the wind gently blew his hair. A blush crept on your cheeks as you realised that you loved him. Maybe he was here to tell you the same. 
 
He looked up and you blinked innocently. He chuckled and approached you. 
 
"Guess what ____?"
 
"Hm? What?"
 
"You have to guess!" You laughed and grinned.
 
"Ok ok...err you got A on your math?"
 
"I wish~" he scoffed but then shook his head. "No I got a girlfriend! Remember Jessica? The one who liked to give me chocolates?"
 
"Y-yea..." You stuttered.
 
"She asked me out today and I realised that I liked her too." He said shyly. Your heart fell, shattering into a billion pieces.
 
"A-ah! Congrats! " you told him with fake happiness. "Oh look at the time, i gotta go now Jihoonie. Bye!"
 
"Ah wa--" You ignored him, running off as the tears fell from your eyes. You turned the corner to your favourite bakery and stepped inside buying a chocolate bun and tea. As you ate, your confidence built up and you drank the last drop of your tea, slamming the cup on the table.
 
"I won't give up." You said firmly but on the inside it hurt. It hurt so bad. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"What about her?" You asked in a slight whisper.
 
"Meet me at the park at 6:30 later ok?" 
 
You sighed and fell back on your bed.
 
"Ok then." 
 
"Thanks. I gotta go now. See ya ____!"
 
"Yea... See ya." You said into the empty receiver and threw your phone to one side of the bed. Looking at the clock you saw that it was 5:30.  You dragged yourself out of bed and chose clothes for your meeting when a loud boom of thunder was heard. You looked out the window as the light rain fell from the heavy clouds, covering the sky in darkness.
 
"Oh. I need my umbrella then."
 
-------------------------
 
You walked into the park at exactly 6:30, with the heavy rain falling around you. The streets were empty with the occasional car lights flashing. You looked around until you noticed a hunched up figure sitting in the playground. The playground where the two of you first met. 
 
"JIHOON!" You yelled over the loud sound of the rain. He managed to hear you and looked up through his wet hair. But even through the wet hair, you saw the tears that had fell from his beautiful eyes and walked closer, arm open, holding your umbrella with the other. Jihoon jumped from the playground and ran to you, tackling you in a hug.
 
"S-she left me..." He burst out and sobbed into your shoulder. "My bestfriend from school is leaving too and so is probably everyone i know because we're not gonna be in the same classes next year. My parents are talking about divorce and I have to put on a smiling face for the dongsaengs in 17 to encourage them but i don't think i can stand it anymore ______. I'm scared that you'll leave me too..."
 
You shushed him and dropped the umbrella, hugging him back tightly.
 
"I'm here. I will never leave you. I took an oath to be your friend forever and i'm sticking to that till the end. "
 
He looked  at you,who was  now soaked to the skin. 
 
"Even if I always run into your arms? In sunshine? In rain?"
 
"When the sun shine we'll shine together, told you i'll be here forever. Said i'd always be your friend, took an oath ima stick up to the end. Now that's raining more than ever, know that we still have each other. You can stand under my umbrella, you can stand under my umbrella~" you sang, tucking a wet strand of hair away from his face. He smiled and hugged you tightly, kissing your forehead.
 
"Oh what i'd do with out you..."
 
"Probably get sick~ now come on, let's go to my house,we'll mend your heart there."
 
He chuckled and linked his arm with yours and you picked up your umbrella.
 
"Oh and Jihoonie?"
 
"Hm?"
 
"How long were you there?"
 
He chuckled nervously and glanced sideways at you. 
 
"Since 5:30...."
 
You smacked the back of his head lightly but harshly and nagged him for trying to get himself sick.
 
When you reached back the both of you sat in front of the heater, drying up with a cup of hot chocolate in your hands. 
 
He sighed heavily, leaning his head against your shoulder for comfort. You blushed and quickly looked the other way. 
 
"Do you wanna know why she left me?" He asked in a hoarse voice. You looked at him, who was staring at the heater.
 
"Yes." 
 
He smiled and moved closer.
 
"It as because I kept on talking about you in our fights. How she should be like you, patient, calm and not a cheater. And finally today morning she came over and screamed at me saying that i might as well go to you..."
 
You blushed bright red, eyes wide as you looked down. He felt you tense up and smiled.
 
"So i thought about it and said: Ok sure why not. I always did like her anyways and shut the door in her face," he continued, laughing quietly at his own joke. You on the other hand was shocked. He lifted his head up when you didn't respond.
 
"___? Look at me." 
 
You looked at him, tilting your head cutely to one side. He smiled and placed a hand on your cheek, it gently.
 
"I'm glad you kept your promise... Unlike some people," he whispered, searching your eyes. You stared back into his, leaning into his hand.
 
"Aigoo...you're so quiet. That's not you." He cupped your face in both hands, leaning forward.
 
"Talk to me please." He whispered before crashing his lips onto yours. Your eyes widened as he held you close but shut slowly realising that this was what you had wanted for so long. He pulled away, eyes still closed.
 
"P-please talk to me..." He asked hoarsely.
 
"I love you Jihoonie...i really do.." You confessed, cheeks dusted red. He looked up in surprise and hugged you tightly.
 
"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Oh my god i feel like i'm going to have a heart attack!" He blurted. You laughed and pulled back from the hug. He stared into your eyes lovingly, a joyful aura emitting from him.
 
"I love you." He said as you smiled, capturing his lips in a final kiss of the night.